_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $32,500,000

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yes.

And I am almost of the mind that you can add the $88K for the "I am A Cajun" one to our tally too, lol. Kind of surpised that the Saints isnt the highest....I see those ALL over the place, All the time.
    If that POS Huey Long would have been alive, we wouldn't have the Saints.

Default Re: $32,500,000

Good growth trajectory despite our economic slowdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Good growth trajectory despite our economic slowdown.
    Where did we stand at the end of the previous fiscal year?

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Only thing not to like is the institutional support number, but I'm not sure exactly how that is presently calculated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Only thing not to like is the institutional support number, but I'm not sure exactly how that is presently calculated.
    My friend there is not a single G5 program playing athletics that doesn't use institutional support in one manner or another. In fact, there aren't that many P5 programs as well not using it as well in the form of student athletic fees or fees charged in other areas that are used to refund funds transferred from the university foundation. It's simply a shell game in many cases including UL. We are not using any of our allowed state transfer for athletics. We are using fees to pay the UL Foundation for the transfer of funds to athletics. I'm not 100% sure exactly how the accounting works or how the funds are transferred, but they must be reported under Institutional Support for auditing purposes.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    My friend there is not a single G5 program playing athletics that doesn't use institutional support in one manner or another. In fact, there aren't that many P5 programs as well not using it as well in the form of student athletic fees or fees charged in other areas that are used to refund funds transferred from the university foundation. It's simply a shell game in many cases including UL. We are not using any of our allowed state transfer for athletics. We are using fees to pay the UL Foundation for the transfer of funds to athletics. I'm not 100% sure exactly how the accounting works or how the funds are transferred, but they must be reported under Institutional Support for auditing purposes.
    I figured it wasn't just direct as T-Joe had been trying to minimize that allotment in the past. I was just surprised to see almost $15M.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I figured it wasn't just direct as T-Joe had been trying to minimize that allotment in the past. I was just surprised to see almost $15M.
    That $15M is institutional funds transferred to the athletic dept DIRECTLY out of university funds. There are no fees, etc collected and included in that. Fees collected are identified at time or registration and used for the specified purpose. Funds transferred in from the Foundation are identified as contributions and in this particular year was just over $7mil which does not include any fees collected from students. The increase in direct institutional supplement compared to last year was due to increased expenses. There are INDIRECT institutional support funds which this period was $929,000 and this is where funds are kicked around and one might call it wishey washey or a shell game. Check the legislative auditor report.

Edit info: The direct institutional support transferred from general university funds for last period was right at $11,600,000.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2