_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Results 101 to 112 of 112

Thread: AD wants out in NOLA

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    10,600
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AD wants out in NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Smith is a free agent & Morris a restricted free agent after this year so they shouldn't impact the CAP after this year.
    Yes, salary dumps. But the Pelicans gave up a 1st Round pick for Mirotic and getting no picks in the 1st Round and a young player that was a lottery pick that has yet shown to be part of a rotation is a bad deal. The Pelican ownership needs to show that they really would like win. They can start that by dumping Demps at the end of the season.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, salary dumps. But the Pelicans gave up a 1st Round pick for Mirotic and getting no picks in the 1st Round and a young player that was a lottery pick that has yet shown to be part of a rotation is a bad deal. The Pelican ownership needs to show that they really would like win. They can start that by dumping Demps at the end of the season.
    Amen brother!

  3. #103
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,555

    Default Re: AD wants out in NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, salary dumps. But the Pelicans gave up a 1st Round pick for Mirotic and getting no picks in the 1st Round and a young player that was a lottery pick that has yet shown to be part of a rotation is a bad deal. The Pelican ownership needs to show that they really would like win. They can start that by dumping Demps at the end of the season.
    Not disagreeing, but just thought getting CAP space in their current situation has some value.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Freetown
    Posts
    5,955

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    10,290

    Default Re: AD wants out in NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't get caught up in numbers, 2nd Round picks amount to very little in return. This is simply a salary dump, adding more cap space with Smith's and Morris's contracts. Demps needs to go period and before the summer! You don't allow this guy to make the AD trade.

    As for Ball, he can't find the side of a barn with his jump shot. He is nowhere near the talent that Tatum is today or will be in the future. In addition, his father is a huge clown show and distraction for any franchise that he plays with.

    If Ball is part of the AD package this summer, I hope there is another team involved. His a poor man's Jason Kidd without the HOF skills.
    I am equally concerned about Demps but the Mirotic deal is not a bad one. The Smith acquisition concerns me since we got rid of him about 6-7 years ago. It may just be a salary dump for the Bucks. Stanley Johnson may not be a sexy name but he is an athletic wing that this team has desperately needed since Ariza left. He was also a first round pick that I have no problem trying to develop. The second round picks are not as inconsequential as you say. There are a ton of good to great players in the league right now who come through the second round and we are stockpiling them over the next 4 years or so. We depleted all of our draft picks in recent years and that's a big reason we've been unable to build around AD. If for anything else, they are assets we can leverage into other deals moving forward. We didn't have that luxury.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    10,600
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AD wants out in NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Steve A Smith said today on his show that a number of front office people around the league warned Demps that if he made the trade with the Lakers, he would not have a career in a NBA front office when he leaves NO. The Pelican ownership seem to be fine with that decision.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    10,290

    Default Re: AD wants out in NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Steve A Smith said today on his show that a number of front office people around the league warned Demps that if he made the trade with the Lakers, he would not have a career in a NBA front office when he leaves NO. The Pelican ownership seem to be fine with that decision.
    Its maddening. I can through so many decisions that made no sense. Keeping Omer Asik at that ridiculous salary, trading away assets for Boogie Cousins although he said from the beginning that he had no intention of resigning with the Pelicans, bringing in Solomon Hill at nearly $14 million when you could have had Rudy Gay for about $4 million. It goes on and on. I would love to see him get axed.

  8. #108
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,555

    Default Re: AD wants out in NOLA

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Its maddening. I can through so many decisions that made no sense. Keeping Omer Asik at that ridiculous salary, trading away assets for Boogie Cousins although he said from the beginning that he had no intention of resigning with the Pelicans, bringing in Solomon Hill at nearly $14 million when you could have had Rudy Gay for about $4 million. It goes on and on. I would love to see him get axed.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was already a decision that had been made.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    10,290

    Default Re: AD wants out in NOLA

    Odd game tonight to say the least. AD is booed by many in the first half. He then scores over 30 points in 3 quarters and doesn't play the 4th at all. Thankfully the Pels won but its a weird situation that we will be in the entire season. I appreciate his ability to help us win games but I also understand the feelings that the fans and ownership may have towards him in that he wants to jump ship.


  10. #110
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Loreauville, LA
    Posts
    2,231

    Default Re: AD wants out in NOLA

    Last night was very weird. Gentry sat him because it was his first game back from injury. The team is limiting his minutes at 20-25 right now. Best part of the night was when a woman a few rows behind us said "It's not his fault" while he was getting booed. A girl about about 8 years old turned and said "Yes it is!" There will be plenty of distractions at every home game. The fans are taking sides against each other plus AD is calling out the fans and media in his postgame interview. He said the fans can't have it both ways, the either want him here or they don't.


  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Last night was very weird. Gentry sat him because it was his first game back from injury. The team is limiting his minutes at 20-25 right now. Best part of the night was when a woman a few rows behind us said "It's not his fault" while he was getting booed. A girl about about 8 years old turned and said "Yes it is!" There will be plenty of distractions at every home game. The fans are taking sides against each other plus AD is calling out the fans and media in his postgame interview. He said the fans can't have it both ways, the either want him here or they don't.
    This is the equivelent of still sharing an apartment with your girlfriend after she breaks up with you. Yeah, you want her there as your girlfriend, but if she's clearly not into you anymore and is texting Jody all night you're not going to act loving toward her. It's over.

    I guess what I'm saying is Anthony Davis booed us first.

    Ugh, this is going to be such an awkward few months.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    10,290

    Default Re: AD wants out in NOLA

    Well AD, you tried to muscle your way out of here mid season when you could have made the same demands in July. It would have been the same thing. He also said he wanted to go to a franchise that immediately gave him a chance to win a title but we all know that is false since he pointed out the Lakers and Knicks as destinations.

    In regards to the limiting minutes from injury. I think that is all BS. He had a finger issue. He was still doing conditioning and the only time teams really limit your return minutes is when it was coming off an injury like an ankle, knee etc.. I think not playing him in the fourth was more of a message to him that you aren't going to hold us hostage and then play star minutes even if the league requires us to play you.


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •