_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bowl payouts

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Scott Farmer was a genius.
    Good one.

Best decision was to shuck NMSU and Idaho to leave us at 10 teams. I don't think we need to add anyone unless someone leaves at this point. This is great news for the conference to have the highest payout per team in the G5. SBC is no longer at the bottom.
    Any talk of merging with CUSA should be out the window if Football truly drives the train.
    Congratulations to all involved to get the SBC to where it is today in football that is. Basketball needs some major help! Baseball has always been pretty solid. Softball is coming around.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bowl payouts

Bowl payouts should cover participant costs BEFORE any split is divied up.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Boomer deserves a lot of credit....for years, he preached that CUSA was not as good and he was constantly schit on on this site for not "getting" that perception is reality...well here we are years later and the tide has turned....props to you, Boomer
    And for the record, from Day 1 here I was not in favor of any move to C-USA either........because of the amount of dead weight they carry, the amount of an exit fee we'd pay the Belt, and because I felt Belt football was improving at a better rate than C-USA. I'm with T, we need to set our sights higher, we can and we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Bowl payouts should cover participant costs BEFORE any split is divied up.
    Agree but with limitations. Needs to be a very well written contract otherwise you will have teams that take advantage of the situation. i.e. flying vs. driving based on distance, how many staff positions get reimbursed, etc.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Well again, that window has passed. But I find it ironic that one of the first questions asked by our new AD when he was hired, was why hadn't UL joined C-USA. Everyone outside of Lafayette ask the same thing. Who knows what the current SBC lineup would be today had that happen.
    With the departure of head coaches at Troy and ASU we may be at the bottom next year. In the G5 continuity isn't normal life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    And for the record, from Day 1 here I was not in favor of any move to C-USA either........because of the amount of dead weight they carry, the amount of an exit fee we'd pay the Belt, and because I felt Belt football was improving at a better rate than C-USA. I'm with T, we need to set our sights higher, we can and we will.
    Are you talking about the exit fee UL should have been grandfathered out of, yet voted to impose on itself?

I ask because that was implemented AFTER the last round of easy in CUSA invites.

Of course, that is why I stated the window for C-USA was 5 years ago. Our focus is on the highest level of the G5, the AAC. We had better get our house in order soon, especially in Football and MBB.
    Thinking we will miss the boat again waited too long to start making moves both on the academic side and athletics .. Thanks again Dr. A cronies

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    With the departure of head coaches at Troy and ASU we may be at the bottom next year. In the G5 continuity isn't normal life.
    ....Well to set the record straight, I thought that we should have gotten in Cusa but was referring to a comment Farmer made At aQ&A.....my posts of pro S belt were the factual ratings based on performance......been around long enough to know the Metro screw up lives to this day in our not having AAC membership!

Well again, that window has passed. But I find it ironic that one of the first questions asked by our new AD when he was hired, was why hadn't UL joined C-USA. Everyone outside of Lafayette ask the same thing. Who knows what the current SBC lineup would be today had that happen.
    All very true...but the point still remains, Boomer called a sinking ship and was basically treated like a Leper...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    All very true...but the point still remains, Boomer called a sinking ship and was basically treated like a Leper...
    Well Boomer's arguments were based upon Sagrain ratings, not the playoff formula. And for the record, so was Farmer's arguments of staying put in the SBC, he was clueless on the payouts until they were asked to vote. He simply believed in the Georgia Southern and Troy model because he was part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Are you talking about the exit fee UL should have been grandfathered out of, yet voted to impose on itself?

I ask because that was implemented AFTER the last round of easy in CUSA invites.
    Yup, that would be the one. And for the record, I seem to recall you as well being against bolting for C-USA if offered.

Blog Entries

Yup, that would be the one. And for the record, I seem to recall you as well being against bolting for C-USA if offered.
    UL needed the practice, CUSA is like getting multiple First Downs, it's not the Goal Line.

For those coming out of DII, like MTSU, UNT,FIU, FAU and Western Kentucky, something like CUSA was their ultimate goal.

For Louisiana it was a necessary stepping stone to show the school was upwardly mobile.

CUSA without Louisiana is greatly diminished but still on par.

Sunbelt without Louisiana would not even be close. They would still have Idaho.

Blog Entries

Actually that's where Farmer got caught with his pants down. It was found out later that Ark. State and UL did not have to pay exit fees to the SBC because both programs were founding members. CUSA was willing to negotiate their entrance fees to get UL, but that is history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2