_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: ot: for those that dont think there is bias

  1. #41
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,971

    Default Re: ot: for those that dont think there is bias

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Close but no Cigar, C4L

    Vic has little info, but will call out those that spout off with NO info. Ring a bell?

  2. #42
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I'm starting to have questions whether there will be any realignment that will affect the G5.

    Fox is dropping the Big 12 Championship Game, citing a lack of return on investment. That's a bit of a red flag to me.

    And, it could be the first step toward the demise of the Big 12, with the other four conferences absorbing the ten teams to make four "superconferences" of 16 teams each.

    If that happens (and it's just speculation), realignment is finished unless the G5 conferences realign within themselves.

    Here's a link to the story on Fox and the Big 12.

    https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/fox...ghts-espn.html
    The Big12 wanted $20M for the game in '19 '21 and '23. So Fox dropped them stating cost. ESPN will still cover the championship game on the even numbered years.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,112

    Default Re: ot: for those that dont think there is bias

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I'm starting to have questions whether there will be any realignment that will affect the G5.

    Fox is dropping the Big 12 Championship Game, citing a lack of return on investment. That's a bit of a red flag to me.

    And, it could be the first step toward the demise of the Big 12, with the other four conferences absorbing the ten teams to make four "superconferences" of 16 teams each.

    If that happens (and it's just speculation), realignment is finished unless the G5 conferences realign within themselves.

    Here's a link to the story on Fox and the Big 12.

    https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/fox...ghts-espn.html
    I think some kind of regional realignment among the G5 will indeed take place. What I hope comes of it is that we're paired with Tulane in a new conference, while ULM and La Tech are paired in another. I'd prefer that we end up afilliated with the G5 schools nearest us to the east over those to the west in Texas.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,078

    Default Re: ot: for those that dont think there is bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I think some kind of regional realignment among the G5 will indeed take place. What I hope comes of it is that we're paired with Tulane in a new conference, while ULM and La Tech are paired in another. I'd prefer that we end up afilliated with the G5 schools nearest us to the east over those to the west in Texas.
    Something like this?

    UCF, USF, USM, Tulane, Memphis
    Houston, SMU, Tulsa Louisiana, Ark State (?)

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    3,105

    Default Re: ot: for those that dont think there is bias

    I mean...no one here seriously thought the Big 12 was a year or two away for inviting us to their party, right??


  6. #46
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I mean...no one here seriously thought the Big 12 was a year or two away for inviting us to their party, right??
    It's a goal to work towards, but we'd never be in a league with the big 4 of that conference. Our best case would be the leftovers after Texas, OU, Ok St and Kansas do their own thing.

    Even then we have a tremendous amount of work to be done and luck to be in a position to better ourselves.

    Best reasonable outcome is an association with most of the current AAC programs in some fashion.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,112

    Default Re: ot: for those that dont think there is bias

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Something like this?

    UCF, USF, USM, Tulane, Memphis
    Houston, SMU, Tulsa Louisiana, Ark State (?)
    That'd work just fine for me, but we'd probably need to add UAB and maybe USA to make it a 12 member conference.

  8. #48
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,363

    Default Re: ot: for those that dont think there is bias

    That conference wouldn't even be as good as the current AAC.


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,112

    Default Re: ot: for those that dont think there is bias

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That conference wouldn't even be as good as the current AAC.
    No, but better than the current SBC. What are your expectations? We'd all love to be in even a watered down version of the Big 12, but I can't see that ever happening, at least not in our lifetimes.

  10. #50
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,646

    Default Re: ot: for those that dont think there is bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    No, but better than the current SBC. What are your expectations? We'd all love to be in even a watered down version of the Big 12, but I can't see that ever happening, at least not in our lifetimes.
    Somebody posted on here about what we offered to a p-5.....why would say the big 12 was possibly want UL? Well thought we would rally the top happenings that occurred here and would they be worthy of part of a P-5......So here goes and I am sure the herd can add——-to me bringing 45k to the NO Bowl was our best day....who could not possibly be impressed with the sea of red that game This was Big time——-in basketball I guess the old days where we were ranked———baseball and softball were the appearances in the World Series.....facilities we are almost well getting close to p-5 level—-academically I guess we are close but no law, med, or pharm schools——-endowment low——-enrollment growing——budget would double with tv money and really blow up with student fees——-a major disappointment is attendance and with this problem we are not worthy except in baseballll and softball where we are worthy of any conference anywhere.....your thoughts guys???

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,351

    Default Re: ot: for those that dont think there is bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Somebody posted on here about what we offered to a p-5.....why would say the big 12 was possibly want UL? Well thought we would rally the top happenings that occurred here and would they be worthy of part of a P-5......So here goes and I am sure the herd can add——-to me bringing 45k to the NO Bowl was our best day....who could not possibly be impressed with the sea of red that game This was Big time——-in basketball I guess the old days where we were ranked———baseball and softball were the appearances in the World Series.....facilities we are almost well getting close to p-5 level—-academically I guess we are close but no law, med, or pharm schools——-endowment low——-enrollment growing——budget would double with tv money and really blow up with student fees——-a major disappointment is attendance and with this problem we are not worthy except in baseballll and softball where we are worthy of any conference anywhere.....your thoughts guys???
    BOOM Sauce

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,112

    Default Re: ot: for those that dont think there is bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Somebody posted on here about what we offered to a p-5.....why would say the big 12 was possibly want UL? Well thought we would rally the top happenings that occurred here and would they be worthy of part of a P-5......So here goes and I am sure the herd can add——-to me bringing 45k to the NO Bowl was our best day....who could not possibly be impressed with the sea of red that game This was Big time——-in basketball I guess the old days where we were ranked———baseball and softball were the appearances in the World Series.....facilities we are almost well getting close to p-5 level—-academically I guess we are close but no law, med, or pharm schools——-endowment low——-enrollment growing——budget would double with tv money and really blow up with student fees——-a major disappointment is attendance and with this problem we are not worthy except in baseballll and softball where we are worthy of any conference anywhere.....your thoughts guys???
    Nothing more than pie in the sky dreams. There are at least twenty G5 schools that would get a P5 invite before we were ever considered, and none of those twenty stand much of a chance of it ever happening either. Still, we've got a lot of reasons to believe that we'll end up fairly well among our G5 peers, but our paltry athletic budget (one that we'll struggle to even maintain in the coming years), will keep us far from ever being considered for membership by any P5 conference.

    We're never going to a part of the big time in college football, and the P5's control over the NCAA selection committees has MBB, WBB, Baseball, and Softball quickly moving to that point as well. The line has been drawn and we ended up on the side of the "have nots" in the world of college sports. It's really that simple.

    Once you accept this fact, you can sit back and enjoy Cajun athletics for what it is and stop worrying yourself about how badly you wish things were different for us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •