_ _ _ _

Thread: Let's make a deal with the P5....

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Default Let's make a deal with the P5....

-
    Football only. 3 new Divisions.

- 1A (P5), 1B (G5), 1C (FCS)

- Each Division has a playoff. 1A (8), 1B (8), 1C (16)

- Promotion/Relegation for Division Champions and the corresponding last place team from the nearest conference in the higher division.

For example, North Dakota State switches places with San Jose State from the MWC and I'm assuming UCF switches places with Louisville in the ACC.

Default Re: Let's make a deal with the P5....

Been saying this needs to happen! Last place team gets replaced in each conference, and have a playoff in each division for the champion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

-
    Football only. 3 new Divisions.

- 1A (P5), 1B (G5), 1C (FCS)

- Each Division has a playoff. 1A (8), 1B (8), 1C (16)

- Promotion/Relegation for Division Champions and the corresponding last place team from the nearest conference in the higher division.

For example, North Dakota State switches places with San Jose State from the MWC and I'm assuming UCF switches places with Louisville in the ACC.
    Interest, support, and panic would go through the roof.^

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Uh, no. Mid major, G-5...embracing that is admitting "not good enough" and such a proposal is admitting "knowing your place".

This is exactly why we, thank the good Lord, are not in the Southland Conference. The "longest active football member in the SLC" embraced the suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Uh, no. Mid major, G-5...embracing that is admitting "not good enough" and such a proposal is admitting "knowing your place".

This is exactly why we, thank the good Lord, are not in the Southland Conference. The "longest active football member in the SLC" embraced the suck.
    would you celebrate an outright belt football championship? i think most here would. and if you can celebrate that championship over perceived peers, why couldn't you also celebrate a national championship of sorts over a larger pool of perceived peers?

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    would you celebrate an outright belt football championship? i think most here would. and if you can celebrate that championship over perceived peers, why couldn't you also celebrate a national championship of sorts over a larger pool of perceived peers?
    If we wanted to do that we would have never left the Southland Conference...

I will sign up for that deal. The P5 bottom feeders would probably hate it.