_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Megan Kleist to sit out a year

Blog Entries

Default Re: Megan Kleist to sit out a year

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    Gut feeling and why delay your enrollment?
    Perhaps, not all of her credits carry.

DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Can't wait for softball season.....
    I hear ya coach! Its going to be an exciting year.

Also tired of talking about the bouncing ball sport, ready to move on to our bread and butter!

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

--This imo is the biggest BS around---I can just see these academic gurus judging which classes deem worthy to transfer to my present venue of academia

I remember bringing a recruit and Mom to see Dr Bernard Bievenue about our Management program

-the lady was overwhelmed with Missou's program and asked Doc about his opinion---well he went on and on about its merits ---finally he admitted his favoring of it because he had installed it

mom's face turned a lil reddish

loved him!!!

I think we have to remember that life after sports for most female athletes is drastically different than for some male athletes. No possible high dollar NFL, MLB or NBA careers for these women. This is also true for most male athletes, but we guys don't always want to live in the real world! LOL!!

How many male athletes think they will be the next Payton Manning, Michael Jordan or Mike Trout and never finish their degree? Then, a couple of years after their playing days are over, they are stuck in the real world and never reach their full potential in the working man's world.

Therefore, getting her degree at Oregon, and then a Master's here at UL makes a lot of sense for her and certainly demonstrates her maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I think we have to remember that life after sports for most female athletes is drastically different than for some male athletes. No possible high dollar NFL, MLB or NBA careers for these women. This is also true for most male athletes, but we guys don't always want to live in the real world! LOL!!

How many male athletes think they will be the next Payton Manning, Michael Jordan or Mike Trout and never finish their degree? Then, a couple of years after their playing days are over, they are stuck in the real world and never reach their full potential in the working man's world.

Therefore, getting her degree at Oregon, and then a Master's here at UL makes a lot of sense for her and certainly demonstrates her maturity.
    That is definitely the opportunity this young lady has before her. I hope she follows through with the chance to earn her advanced degree on our nickel.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    My grandpa was Lee Reed Sr. From Crowley. I've been fishing the Mermentau in the fall for over 50 years with my Uncle, Lee Jude Reed who still resides in Crowley. I call him my Sac a Lait god....lol
    Don't know Lee Jude Reed. Went to school with a Mike Reed who graduated in 1970 from Crowley High. They lived on 15th Street, Avenue E thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That is definitely the opportunity this young lady has before her. I hope she follows through with the chance to earn her advanced degree on our nickel.
    Agreed, wasn't the Masters to be in Environment Sciences are something along those lines? IIRC, we offered the exact Masters program she wanted, and would also reunite with her old pitching coach. A match made in heaven perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Any possibility that Oregon wouldn't release her?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Guess that's a possibility. If so, it appears she said, alright, I won't play ball but I will stay and finish my studies, graduate, and move on.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    When she graduates in May she can go anywhere as a graduate transfer and play right away and Oregon has no control of her.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3