_ _ _ _
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: UCF VS ALICE SHOE

Blog Entries

Default Re: UCF VS ALICE SHOE

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....you see justified in being a loyal tiger fan but do you pull for the Cajuns in all contests in all sports against sec teams other than the LSUs.....I would say our gripe is not the success or not LSU has but rather their trying to hold us back in things like the name!
    Hey Boom.

I don't really understand putting supporters on trial. Even if they are tacit supporters.

Not that you did

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The entire post season in college football needs to be overhauled.

Pretty much copy the FCS system and get rid of bowl games.

24 teams. Every conference gets it's champion in. Top 8 seeds get a bye in the 1st round. All but the championship game is played at home sites. Cut the number of games in the regular season down to 10 or 11, so that it doesn't add too many more games.

If they feel to many teams are left out, create a separate 16 or 24 team NIT type tourney with teams that don't make the NCAA tourney.

AND if you really want to help create more parity...cut scholarships from 85 to 70 so that more of the talent trickles down to the lower P5 and G5.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    except when they play the tigers, yup.
    Given the leadership and supporters of Louisiana Supressionist University over the years doing everything to screw the other universities in the state, I'm sure you understand why some are calling you out. And most here pull for two teams, UL and whoever plays Alice Shoe. Personally, many times I'm in the column pulling for a natural disaster.

I get it. You graduated there, wouldn't expect you to jump ship, just as a true UL fan wouldn't either. Thanks for the support, better than none.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post

24 teams. Every conference gets it's champion in. Top 8 seeds get a bye in the 1st round. All but the championship game is played at home sites. Cut the number of games in the regular season down to 10 or 11, so that it doesn't add too many more games.

If they feel to many teams are left out, create a separate 16 or 24 team NIT type tourney with teams that don't make the NCAA tourney.

AND if you really want to help create more parity...cut scholarships from 85 to 70 so that more of the talent trickles down to the lower P5 and G5.

wow/Yes

think the only way would be the monopolistic application of the P5s in their group over the non selected chosen ones

discrimination and denial of equal application (G5s that are better than P5s)

kinda like the intelligent Orientals getting screwed by not being allowed in Harvard even though their criteria is better!!! should have stayed in law school, this might have been a fun pro bono or even mucho dinero gig!!! lol

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

What is clear about the P5, G5 issues aren't something that the G5, or NCAA has any say in. A few years ago they declared their autonomy. Basically they informed the NCAA and everyone else who's in charge. They've agreed to stay in the NCAA as long as it kowtows to their demands.

In light of that fact I'm often confused about why anyone here ignores this fact and pretend we've actually got any say. I understand that if everyone absolutely refused to go along it would be a little leverage. It's also clear not nearly everyone is willing to do whatever is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post

Not gonna happen. You know why?

Because it makes too much sense.

great ideas.... how about factoring in the cost per win as well?

but also i am ok with "not knowing" who the "real champ" is.... some of those so called mythical national champions make for great history.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7