_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Baseball 2019

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,251

    Default Baseball 2019

    Collegiate baseball pre-season poll is out and has the Cajuns at 38th. Only other team in Louisiana inside the top 40 is LSU @ #1.

    South Al., Troy, Texas St. other teams from SBC receiving votes.....

    http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-b...poll-12-18-18/


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,883

    Default Re: Baseball 2019

    And Coastal Carolina sitting at #12


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    7,107
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Baseball 2019

    cant wait.. new hitting coach to hopefully solve what ills us...


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    12,067

    Default Re: Baseball 2019

    We have the schedule to accomplish our goals if we take care of business.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    280

    Default Re: Baseball 2019

    Has the date for the preseason social been set?


  6. #6
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    Has the date for the preseason social been set?
    Nope. Weather delayed the fall ball finish so they pushed back the DC social to the spring.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Baseball 2019

    Any idea when the Spring roster will be announced?


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,070

    Default Re: Baseball 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Collegiate baseball pre-season poll is out and has the Cajuns at 38th. Only other team in Louisiana inside the top 40 is LSU @ #1.

    South Al., Troy, Texas St. other teams from SBC receiving votes.....

    http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-b...poll-12-18-18/
    Is Baseball News one of the last national publications to still call us Louisiana-Lafayette?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    948

    Default Re: Baseball 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    cant wait.. new hitting coach to hopefully solve what ills us...
    You'll see a total 180 from this offense with Wells at the helm.

    This team will score a lot of runs. And, this team will strike out 100 fewer times than they did a year ago. I'll go a step farther and say they will be one of the two toughest teams in the league to strike out.

    The offense will not be the issue.

    And, if we're going to be anywhere near where we want to be, it needs to be really good. Because we have an avalanche of questions with this pitching staff.

    You have three potential weekend starters (Leger, Burk, Horton) coming off injuries and reality is, none of us, not even the coaches, know how effective they are going to be.

    You have a fourth starter (Brandon Young) who the coaches love, but has to make the transition from JUCO.

    Can Austin Bradford throw enough strikes to be the Cajuns' closer? He has the stuff.

    Schultz and Stone are going to have to give the Cajuns quality innings.

    And, Perrin, Batty, Cox and Leaumont ALL have to be better than they were last year.

    For the first time in quite a while, the biggest issue on this team is pitching.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,841

    Default Re: Baseball 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Is Baseball News one of the last national publications to still call us Louisiana-Lafayette?
    Yes. And Google is another one that really irks me.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,841

    Default Re: Baseball 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    You'll see a total 180 from this offense with Wells at the helm.

    This team will score a lot of runs. And, this team will strike out 100 fewer times than they did a year ago. I'll go a step farther and say they will be one of the two toughest teams in the league to strike out.

    The offense will not be the issue.

    And, if we're going to be anywhere near where we want to be, it needs to be really good. Because we have an avalanche of questions with this pitching staff.

    You have three potential weekend starters (Leger, Burk, Horton) coming off injuries and reality is, none of us, not even the coaches, know how effective they are going to be.

    You have a fourth starter (Brandon Young) who the coaches love, but has to make the transition from JUCO.

    Can Austin Bradford throw enough strikes to be the Cajuns' closer? He has the stuff.

    Schultz and Stone are going to have to give the Cajuns quality innings.

    And, Perrin, Batty, Cox and Leaumont ALL have to be better than they were last year.

    For the first time in quite a while, the biggest issue on this team is pitching.
    Yes, agreed. But the bright spot of that is that this is Robe's greatest strength, so we have that bright spot to give us some hope.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •