_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

  1. #21
    ZoomZoom's Avatar
    ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,475

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Let me try WBB is better than 18 teams
    There you go! Pump that sunshine!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    4,152

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Oh, and 3 out of our next 4 games are vs. SEC schools...


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,326

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Oh, and 3 out of our next 4 games are vs. SEC schools...
    Prolly won't win another game until 2019

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    15,556

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Oh, and 3 out of our next 4 games are vs. SEC schools...
    The good, our SOS should only go up then...until SBC play begins.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not really. He is much better than Errol Rogers, but he is below average at identifying and recruiting D1 players. I will say that his girls play hard.
    I would like to know your background on coaching and recruiting. I know who you are, but didn't know you were such a guru. If all you got is that you use to be cool with J Kelly Hall and he had one great player he every recruited to UL in Yoley. Cmon man. You always commenting like your some guru of college basketball coaching and recruiting. You been having a problem with Garry since he was hired. Go back and look at the history of your comments. Never one good thing about the women's program since Coach Brodhead took over.

  6. #26
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,027

    UL Basketball Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    I would like to know your background on coaching and recruiting. I know who you are, but didn't know you were such a guru. If all you got is that you use to be cool with J Kelly Hall and he had one great player he every recruited to UL in Yoley. Cmon man. You always commenting like your some guru of college basketball coaching and recruiting. You been having a problem with Garry since he was hired. Go back and look at the history of your comments. Never one good thing about the women's program since Coach Brodhead took over.
    The Russian player wasn't a Hall recruit. He inherited her from the fired coach I'm pretty sure.

    So you've got a problem with posters who aren't professionals? Mike Detiller, Mel Kipper are a couple of guys who parlayed their non professional opinions into storied careers.

    VO observations aren't wrong because he's not a coach. In the early Broadhead years he was a wait and see commenter. Just because he's never been a Garry Rah, Rah guy means he's happy he's apparently right in his critique.

    VO doesn't need your approval, nor my defense. I'd rather ya show where he's been wrong in asking for taller players with more talent. We're woefully short of players, and Garry's best recruiting year was his first.

    Again being critical doesn't make the evaluation wrong. It's not easy being a good college coach. It's damned hard to be an outstanding coach.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The Russian player wasn't a Hall recruit. He inherited her from the fired coach I'm pretty sure.

    So you've got a problem with posters who aren't professionals? Mike Detiller, Mel Kipper are a couple of guys who parlayed their non professional opinions into storied careers.

    VO observations aren't wrong because he's not a coach. In the early Broadhead years he was a wait and see commenter. Just because he's never been a Garry Rah, Rah guy means he's happy he's apparently right in his critique.

    VO doesn't need your approval, nor my defense. I'd rather ya show where he's been wrong in asking for taller players with more talent. We're woefully short of players, and Garry's best recruiting year was his first.

    Again being critical doesn't make the evaluation wrong. It's not easy being a good college coach. It's damned hard to be an outstanding coach.
    Well if you do a study on the average height of NCAAW basketball teams. I dont think our height is far off. AVG NCAAW height it 5'8" and our team AVG Height is 5'7".22222

  8. #28
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,894

    UL Basketball Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    I would like to know your background on coaching and recruiting. I know who you are, but didn't know you were such a guru. If all you got is that you use to be cool with J Kelly Hall and he had one great player he every recruited to UL in Yoley. Cmon man. You always commenting like your some guru of college basketball coaching and recruiting. You been having a problem with Garry since he was hired. Go back and look at the history of your comments. Never one good thing about the women's program since Coach Brodhead took over.
    Not true. I have always said that his girls play hard.

    I have consistently said said that the Sun Belt is much weaker than it was when WKU and MTSU were in it, and that Garry's teams have not been competitive with the top teams in the conference' even the weakened version. Those are facts, not opinion.

    By the way, besides Yolanda Jones, Hall recruited at least two [I think it was 3] more 1000 point career scorers. You can do your own research. Express is correct; Gay Nix recruited Anna Petrokova.

    I will admit that my statements about Hall's teams being 20 points or more better than Garry's is opinion; as is my statement that you cannot consistently win against good teams in D1 women's basketball without long, athletic guards.

    I see Brodhead as the Rickey Bustle of women's hoops. He brought us back from the depths to respectability; but he has reached the highest that he is capable of going. I am not hating on him, I just don't think he will ever do better than 3rd to 5th in a mediocre conference. That is my opinion; but I base it on history, results, and at least an attempt at objectivity.

    It is an opinion. This is a fan message board. Everybody has one.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,326

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not true. I have always said that his girls play hard.

    I have consistently said said that the Sun Belt is much weaker than it was when WKU and MTSU were in it, and that Garry's teams have not been competitive with the top teams in the conference' even the weakened version. Those are facts, not opinion.

    By the way, besides Yolanda Jones, Hall recruited at least two more 1000 point career scorers. You can do your own research.

    I will admit that my statements about Hall's teams being 20 points or more better than Garry's is opinion; as is my statement that you cannot consistently win against good teams in D1 women's basketball without long, athletic guards.

    I see Brodhead as the Rickey Bustle of women's hoops. He brought us back from the depths to respectability; but he has reached the highest that he is capable of going. I am not hating on him, I just don't think he will ever do better than 3rd to 5th in a mediocre conference. That is my opinion; but I base it on history, results, and at least an attempt at objectivity.

    It is an opinion. This is a fan message board. Everybody has one.
    I think both our Shooty hoops programs are at that point where both coaches have peaked

  10. #30
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,894

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I think both our Shooty hoops programs are at that point where both coaches have peaked
    I completely agree.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,340
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I think both our Shooty hoops programs are at that point where both coaches have peaked
    Neither coach has peaked.

  12. #32
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,894

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Neither coach has peaked.
    They need to start demonstrating that, Turbine. All the evidence says they have.

  13. #33
    ZoomZoom's Avatar
    ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    I would like to know your background on coaching and recruiting. I know who you are, but didn't know you were such a guru.
    Sitting back, popcorn and cold one in hand, although I see the party started...

  14. #34
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,894

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sitting back, popcorn and cold one in hand, although I see the party started...
    Come on in to the party, Zoom. The beer inside is free. lol

  15. #35
    ZoomZoom's Avatar
    ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Come on in to the party, Zoom. The beer inside is free. lol
    Ah, I've already went back to see RP threads on WBB to beginning of GB. I'll let all you guys get your own ammo, I'll keep drinkin'.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not true. I have always said that his girls play hard.

    I have consistently said said that the Sun Belt is much weaker than it was when WKU and MTSU were in it, and that Garry's teams have not been competitive with the top teams in the conference' even the weakened version. Those are facts, not opinion.

    By the way, besides Yolanda Jones, Hall recruited at least two more 1000 point career scorers. You can do your own research. Express is correct; Gay Nix recruited Anna Petrokova.

    I will admit that my statements about Hall's teams being 20 points or more better than Garry's is opinion; as is my statement that you cannot consistently win against good teams in D1 women's basketball without long, athletic guards.

    I see Brodhead as the Rickey Bustle of women's hoops. He brought us back from the depths to respectability; but he has reached the highest that he is capable of going. I am not hating on him, I just don't think he will ever do better than 3rd to 5th in a mediocre conference. That is my opinion; but I base it on history, results, and at least an attempt at objectivity.

    It is an opinion. This is a fan message board. Everybody has one.
    I can agree, you do say they play hard. My apologies.

  17. #37
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,894

    Default Re: UL women show strides in loss to Sam Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    I can agree, you do say they play hard. My apologies.
    Apology accepted.

    I will save you lookingit up. I believe Hall recruits Alicia McDaniel, Sonora Edwards and Oona Charles were also 1000 point scorers, though it took them 4 years and Yolanda Jones got hers in two.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •