_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cure Bowl Keys to Victory ?

Default Re: Cure Bowl Keys to Victory ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Navy runs the triple option which is very difficult to prepare for in a normal one week span. Army, also runs it, so much easier for them to prepare for it.

That having been said, I still believe we can score on Tulane's defense. I'm predicting a 38-32 Cajun victory.
    Actually it's more of a veer/ Nevada pistol offenses now with triple option concepts sprinkled in. I use to love watching that offense run to perfection I was disappointed today.

Mike, I saw Tulane vs Navy. McMillan is elusive, can scramble, and can throw the deep ball.
    Defense will have to supply some pressure and make him uncomfortable. We definitely need to keep a spy on him because he can turn a busted play into a long gainer. He completed 50% of his passes on the year (68 of 136). He was 18 of 29 against Navy. That is his most attempts in a game this year.

Our defense will do a good job. If our offense clicks like normal we win. Run the ball and cut out bad plays.

Will Ziyon play or is the injury that significant?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Will Ziyon play or is the injury that significant?
    Hill has practiced this week but limited work .. Napier said he believes he will play Saturday

Tulane green ripple frog ____ colored uniforms, and a bunch of spoiled wanna be I couldn't get into a real ivy league school whiners are what the fans of the little hump in New Orleans. That place hasn't been relevant since Nick's closed depriving them of mat shots and mysterious unlabeled shot bottles

Really looking forward to the game Saturday . May sound weird but I really think we need to pass the ball early to set up the run. Tulane I imagine will sell out to stop the run. Make them pay and respect the pass and then take advantage of them with the run. From seeing them in person and tv it just seems they are better against the run than pass. As for the Tulane offense I hope we put pressure on them all game long. Will be a really good test.

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    Really looking forward to the game Saturday . May sound weird but I really think we need to pass the ball early to set up the run. Tulane I imagine will sell out to stop the run. Make them pay and respect the pass and then take advantage of them with the run. From seeing them in person and tv it just seems they are better against the run than pass. As for the Tulane offense I hope we put pressure on them all game long. Will be a really good test.
    Reading their board, their fans seem confident they're going to shut down Ragas and Mitchell. I agree, toss the ball effectively early to keep 'em honest and then let Ragas, Mitchell, and Calais rip off some long runs.......or even "short" runs over and over again to rest our D.

I do hope it doesn't all come down to the last series. They showed against Navy that they can move the ball when the game is on the line.

We may be in trouble.

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/stat...00867371819008

I think they're going to Angry Wave us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    We may be in trouble.

Forecast for Orlando - 1' seas

I think we got that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    We may be in trouble.

Ugliest ___kin helmets I ever did see

that looks like the little snot blob in the pokemon games

Win the turnover battle.

Also, the points battle.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    I like those helmets

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Agreed! Those are terrible!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I like those helmets
    I didn't see the white ones at first. I was talking about the green and blues. Still the whites are ugly too

If I were Napier, the first offensive play of the game, I would put our fastest players on the outside, fake the run and tell Nunez to chunk it as far as he can, and don't waste time doing it, trying not to arch that baby too much either, like he tends to do. This may not be completed, but it lets Tulane know, we are thinking about it, and proceed to run our 3 RB's like never before.
    We have to win the turnover battle to have a chance, talking to you QB's. One last thing, when the defense gets the opportunity for a turnover, then get it, for instance, don't drop a pass right in your hands. Do these things, and we win.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I trust Napier and the staff will have the game plan in place needed to beat these guys. It's the post season. Don't need to do anything too different than the stuff you did that worked and got you this far. Run the ball effectively, but also take advantage of Tulane's poor secondary. I don't think you see them run the ball over and over against a loaded front like has happened in some games. The pass plays are going to be there if Nunez can execute. If the fans know that then it'll be no mystery to a good coaching staff.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Cure Bowl Keys to Victory ?

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    Reading an article in Nola.com. They're 2nd in the AAC vs the run. So our strength vs theirs.

Can Nunez be steady enough to make them honor the passing game? If we can it could be a big, big day running the ball.

So here is the deal, we struggled against very good defenses this year.

Alabama
    Mississippi State
    Troy
    App State (2)

With the exception of Coastal, we lost to every really good defense we played. So the question is how good is Tulane's defense. If they are in the same category as Troy/App then I believe we struggle. I doubt the are as good or better as those two teams, but if the are in the same conversation than I am worried. My personal opinion is, I don't think they are. I think they are better than teams like ULM and NMSU/Texas State on Defense. But I do not believe they are as good on offense as those teams (with the exception of Texas State).

So for you guys who have seen Tulane more than me (I watched the Navy game and part of the Nicholls game), how good is Tulane's defense?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2