_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

  1. #41
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,398

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek - 2nd Texas A&M transfer to Cajuns

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    I did. I went to the McNeese game. I recall her pitching an inning or 2 in that game. It must have been an off game for her because she couldn't find the strike zone so Glasco pulled her. From your post, it appears that she has gotten things straightened out?
    I watched her pitch in the Houston trip against two JUCO's and she stayed in or just around the zone and looked to have some pop. I think she can be a 65+ pitcher but I think still needs to work on some off speed pitches.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I enjoy 15 run games. Don't really care how we get them. I do know when we had seven power hitters in the lineup most pitchers eventually crumbled like sugar cookies.
    I'm not saying one is more effective than the other. I just enjoyed watching last season's team more because I like aggressive base-running. I realize we did it many times out of necessity, but it was still fun.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,859

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I'm not saying one is more effective than the other. I just enjoyed watching last season's team more because I like aggressive base-running. I realize we did it many times out of necessity, but it was still fun.
    I hear our newest transfer is quite a hard ball hurler as well as a long ball launcher. We will have it all it looks like.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I hear our newest transfer is quite a hard ball hurler as well as a long ball launcher. We will have it all it looks like.
    Yep. Meanwhile, isn't the previous lady who transferred to us from A&M a speedster? I believe she led the SEC in stolen bases as a freshman??

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,133
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    I can't wait for softball.


  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,859

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yep. Meanwhile, isn't the previous lady who transferred to us from A&M a speedster? I believe she led the SEC in stolen bases as a freshman??
    She was pretty fast to transfer here after her freshman year as a frisky freshman. Hopefully she can whip right into her sphomore year here as a Cajun.

  7. #47
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    She was pretty fast to transfer here after her freshman year as a frisky freshman. Hopefully she can whip right into her sphomore year here as a Cajun.
    ?

    One is a senior and one a junior.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,859

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    ?

    One is a senior and one a junior.
    Mother - Daughter?

    Who cares. We got one that is fast and another good at the long ball. Let's take them all and win. If our pellets in the outfield can line up right, we may be on the way to winning big. Just win baby.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,133
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    Our 2019 schedule does not look as impressive as it has in the past.


  10. #50
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Our 2019 schedule does not look as impressive as it has in the past.
    I have it on good authority that our WCWS schedule will be top-notch.

  11. #51
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,531

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Our 2019 schedule does not look as impressive as it has in the past.
    It's definitely hit or miss on out of conference but we double dip on the best RPI opponents

    2x vs OU (RPI 4)
    2x vs Baylor (16)
    2x vs Oregon St (27)
    2x vs McNeese (31)
    2x vs Cal (32)
    UNCG (53)
    Austin Peay (78)
    Nicholls (79)
    Fordham (89)
    La Tech (96)
    SELA (108)
    SFA (143)
    Campbell (147)
    Kent St (160)
    UNT (202)
    Incarnate Word (227)
    TAMCC (254)
    JSU (290)

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    It's definitely hit or miss on out of conference but we double dip on the best RPI opponents

    2x vs OU (RPI 4)
    2x vs Baylor (16)
    2x vs Oregon St (27)
    2x vs McNeese (31)
    2x vs Cal (32)
    UNCG (53)
    Austin Peay (78)
    Nicholls (79)
    Fordham (89)
    La Tech (96)
    SELA (108)
    SFA (143)
    Campbell (147)
    Kent St (160)
    UNT (202)
    Incarnate Word (227)
    TAMCC (254)
    JSU (290)
    Florida State, the national champions from last year, canceled their three-game series here with us for 2019. Scared, I guess.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,220

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    It's definitely hit or miss on out of conference but we double dip on the best RPI opponents

    2x vs OU (RPI 4)
    2x vs Baylor (16)
    2x vs Oregon St (27)
    2x vs McNeese (31)
    2x vs Cal (32)
    UNCG (53)
    Austin Peay (78)
    Nicholls (79)
    Fordham (89)
    La Tech (96)
    SELA (108)
    SFA (143)
    Campbell (147)
    Kent St (160)
    UNT (202)
    Incarnate Word (227)
    TAMCC (254)
    JSU (290)
    It's not the top of your list that is concerning....its the bottom. Gerry needs to figure out the scheduling quickly or he will be traveling consistently for post season play.

    Kent St (160)
    UNT (202)
    Incarnate Word (227)
    TAMCC (254)
    JSU (290)

    Obviously some of these schools could move around but if those bottom teams stay there it is going to be difficult (not impossible) to get the RPI in the top sixteen.

  14. #54
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,398

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Florida State, the national champions from last year, canceled their three-game series here with us for 2019. Scared, I guess.
    I had hear it was pushed back due to an opportunity they had at another event. I also understood they worked with us to get the OK games.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    782

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    It's definitely hit or miss on out of conference but we double dip on the best RPI opponents

    2x vs OU (RPI 4)
    2x vs Baylor (16)
    2x vs Oregon St (27)
    2x vs McNeese (31)
    2x vs Cal (32)
    UNCG (53)
    Austin Peay (78)
    Nicholls (79)
    Fordham (89)
    La Tech (96)
    SELA (108)
    SFA (143)
    Campbell (147)
    Kent St (160)
    UNT (202)
    Incarnate Word (227)
    TAMCC (254)
    JSU (290)
    Need to go 21-2 with this slate of opponents.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,802

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    So what's our RPI now?


  17. #57
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    7,034

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    So what's our RPI now?
    We finished last year at #19.

    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softba...s-softball-rpi

  18. #58
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    7,034

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Need to go 21-2 with this slate of opponents.
    And we get 3 game conference series(27 games) against the following:

    TXST - 28
    GAST - 65
    USA - 68
    UTA - 76
    GASO - 85
    Troy - 98

    And then the 3 weaklings:

    CCU - 128
    ULM - 156
    and the ultimate RPI killer APP at 230.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    782

    Default Re: Sarah Hudek Makes It Official!

    So a prediction of 45-5 seems appropriate for our regular season record. Could be as good as say 48-2 and as bad as 42-8. I just took the middle.


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •