_ _ _ _
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29
Results 561 to 575 of 575

Thread: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

  1. #561
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,131
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

    How many times did the announcer get confusd about which team he was talking about?

    I would say at least 4-5 times


  2. #562
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    For those of you who suggest this defense sucks (and several of you did during this thread), let's do a statistical comparison.

    Caleb Evans is the most dynamic player in the Sun Belt Conference.

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Evans 23-34, 345 yards, one touchdown
    Evans 16 carries, 129 yards FIVE touchdowns

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Evans 15-24, 201 yards, two touchdowns one interception
    Evans 13 carries 24 yards

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Evans 474 yards total offense, six touchdowns responsible

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Evans 225 yards, one touchdowns responsible

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense gave up 526 yards

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense gave up 344 yards

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense no sacks

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense 3 sacks for -20

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense forced no turnovers

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense forced two turnovers

    LAST YEAR: Cajuns' defense gave up 43 points in regulation (56 total)
    THIS YEAR: Cajuns' defense gave up 21 points

    We did this starting two walkons (Malbrue and Wallace were awarded scholarships after the spring game) and a converted WR on defense.

    For those of you who wonder about the timing on using Levi Lewis...Lewis ALWAYS plays on the fourth series of each half. He generated ten points on his two drives Saturday. His touchdown pass to Mitchell was his sixth of the year. He has thrown one interception.

    Nunez knows when Lewis is coming in. Him sitting out a series does not mess with anything because he's more mentally tough than that.

    ULM was among the league leaders in TFL. We saw that in the second half. Their run defense is ridiculously improved since last year.

    But our defense has come light years since the beginning of the season. And, I would say the game ball yesterday goes to the Louisiana defense for their ability to make Evans ordinary.

    -
    About the cigars:

    The Cajuns brought 156 cigars to Monroe. They lit em up after the game.

    In the locker room celebration, Napier said "Smoke em if you got em!"

    I'm sure ULM will have something in their craw about that, just as they did with Hud throwing a touchdown pass on the last play of the game in 2012.

    But who cares?


    Re 2012:

    They brought the house on what was supposed to be the final play of the game, we were already up by TD I think...Broadway threw it up and our guy ran under it. _____ those guys, they deserved it.

  3. #563
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,016

    Default Re: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He's good, made it home last night.
    Pretty sure I heard him call in to The Rage on his way home--said the first order of business was to
    get the stench from Monroe off of him!!

  4. #564
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8,263

    Default Re: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

    Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I know some of their fans want a new coach
    They are delusional if they think they will find a better fit for their program.

  5. #565
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,253

    Default Re: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    They are delusional if they think they will find a better fit for their program.
    Next year will be their best team under Viator but still wont get much better than 6-6.

  6. #566
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    10,234
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

    Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Pretty sure I heard him call in to The Rage on his way home--said the first order of business was to
    get the stench from Monroe off of him!!
    Since I stayed in West Monroe Friday night, the morning shower Saturday washed the paper mill stench off before heading out to lunch.

  7. #567
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    6,898
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Since I stayed in West Monroe Friday night, the morning shower Saturday washed the paper mill stench off before heading out to lunch.
    T ,my Man, you know what I do and I have some bio chemical wash to spare!!

  8. #568
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,633

    Default Re: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

    my wife met Chases dad today and surprised me with a signed picture its going to look great in my office


  9. #569
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,922

    Default Re: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    For those of you who suggest this defense sucks (and several of you did during this thread), let's do a statistical comparison.

    Caleb Evans is the most dynamic player in the Sun Belt Conference.

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Evans 23-34, 345 yards, one touchdown
    Evans 16 carries, 129 yards FIVE touchdowns

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Evans 15-24, 201 yards, two touchdowns one interception
    Evans 13 carries 24 yards

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Evans 474 yards total offense, six touchdowns responsible

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Evans 225 yards, one touchdowns responsible

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense gave up 526 yards

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense gave up 344 yards

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense no sacks

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense 3 sacks for -20

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense forced no turnovers

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense forced two turnovers

    LAST YEAR: Cajuns' defense gave up 43 points in regulation (56 total)
    THIS YEAR: Cajuns' defense gave up 21 points

    We did this starting two walkons (Malbrue and Wallace were awarded scholarships after the spring game) and a converted WR on defense.

    For those of you who wonder about the timing on using Levi Lewis...Lewis ALWAYS plays on the fourth series of each half. He generated ten points on his two drives Saturday. His touchdown pass to Mitchell was his sixth of the year. He has thrown one interception.

    Nunez knows when Lewis is coming in. Him sitting out a series does not mess with anything because he's more mentally tough than that.

    ULM was among the league leaders in TFL. We saw that in the second half. Their run defense is ridiculously improved since last year.

    But our defense has come light years since the beginning of the season. And, I would say the game ball yesterday goes to the Louisiana defense for their ability to make Evans ordinary.

    -
    About the cigars:

    The Cajuns brought 156 cigars to Monroe. They lit em up after the game.

    In the locker room celebration, Napier said "Smoke em if you got em!"

    I'm sure ULM will have something in their craw about that, just as they did with Hud throwing a touchdown pass on the last play of the game in 2012.

    But who cares?

    Our defense played better than last year. There is no doubt about that. You are correct in that regard. Our defense has improved quite a bit from the early part of the season to now. Again, you are correct in that. However, our defense is still not good. I'm not stating my opinion (which believes this as well) but statistically. We are not even in the top 100 in FBS in total defense. OK, I get it lets not compare us to major conference leaders. Even in the SBC, we are still 3rd to last. We give up 440 yards per game. To say its improved is accurate but to still say its not very good is also accurate.

  10. #570
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    6,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    For those of you who suggest this defense sucks (and several of you did during this thread), let's do a statistical comparison.

    Caleb Evans is the most dynamic player in the Sun Belt Conference.

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Evans 23-34, 345 yards, one touchdown
    Evans 16 carries, 129 yards FIVE touchdowns

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Evans 15-24, 201 yards, two touchdowns one interception
    Evans 13 carries 24 yards

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Evans 474 yards total offense, six touchdowns responsible

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Evans 225 yards, one touchdowns responsible

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense gave up 526 yards

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense gave up 344 yards

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense no sacks

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense 3 sacks for -20

    LAST YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense forced no turnovers

    THIS YEAR VS. ULM
    Cajun defense forced two turnovers

    LAST YEAR: Cajuns' defense gave up 43 points in regulation (56 total)
    THIS YEAR: Cajuns' defense gave up 21 points

    We did this starting two walkons (Malbrue and Wallace were awarded scholarships after the spring game) and a converted WR on defense.

    For those of you who wonder about the timing on using Levi Lewis...Lewis ALWAYS plays on the fourth series of each half. He generated ten points on his two drives Saturday. His touchdown pass to Mitchell was his sixth of the year. He has thrown one interception.

    Nunez knows when Lewis is coming in. Him sitting out a series does not mess with anything because he's more mentally tough than that.

    ULM was among the league leaders in TFL. We saw that in the second half. Their run defense is ridiculously improved since last year.

    But our defense has come light years since the beginning of the season. And, I would say the game ball yesterday goes to the Louisiana defense for their ability to make Evans ordinary.

    -
    About the cigars:

    The Cajuns brought 156 cigars to Monroe. They lit em up after the game.

    In the locker room celebration, Napier said "Smoke em if you got em!"

    I'm sure ULM will have something in their craw about that, just as they did with Hud throwing a touchdown pass on the last play of the game in 2012.

    But who cares?

    This year's defense is multiple times better technique wise then last year's defense. That and the packages we run are sound.....

  11. #571
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,519

    Default Re: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    This year's defense is multiple times better technique wise then last year's defense. That and the packages we run are sound.....
    Absolutely. Right now we are doing this will a few walk ons and backups at key spots but just imagine once the natural athletic ability and talent level comes up to match. Going to be fun.

  12. #572
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    883

    Default Re: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Our defense played better than last year. There is no doubt about that. You are correct in that regard. Our defense has improved quite a bit from the early part of the season to now. Again, you are correct in that. However, our defense is still not good. I'm not stating my opinion (which believes this as well) but statistically. We are not even in the top 100 in FBS in total defense. OK, I get it lets not compare us to major conference leaders. Even in the SBC, we are still 3rd to last. We give up 440 yards per game. To say its improved is accurate but to still say its not very good is also accurate.
    I never suggested the defense was good. Those stats were in response to those who said "our defense sucks" during THIS game. I was simply pointing out that, no, the defense did not suck in this game. Far from it.

  13. #573
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,383

    Default Re: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I never suggested the defense was good. Those stats were in response to those who said "our defense sucks" during THIS game. I was simply pointing out that, no, the defense did not suck in this game. Far from it.
    Odd that people would say that considering the fact that this was the defense's best performance of the year

  14. #574
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,318
    Blog Entries
    2

    UL Football Re: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Our defense played better than last year. There is no doubt about that. You are correct in that regard. Our defense has improved quite a bit from the early part of the season to now. Again, you are correct in that. However, our defense is still not good. I'm not stating my opinion (which believes this as well) but statistically. We are not even in the top 100 in FBS in total defense. OK, I get it lets not compare us to major conference leaders. Even in the SBC, we are still 3rd to last. We give up 440 yards per game. To say its improved is accurate but to still say its not very good is also accurate.
    Before Saturday (11 games) ULM averaged 421 yards per game on offense. Louisiana's Defense held them to 344

    Just comparing this year to this year.

  15. #575
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,515

    Default Re: G12 Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 28

    Anyway........

    Great win by the Cajuns, and I think App State will have their hands full this weekend. We should definitely be playing as if we have nothing to lose. That's a great position to be in.


Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •