_ _ _ _
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Hey Athletic Department

Default Re: Hey Athletic Department

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    As one of his "biggest critics" you know I'm right. Hud not being here has zero to do with the current low attendance. The normal coaching change bounce was missed.
    You just can't say that the new low achieved by HUD last year "just goes away." That is on him and many that he has caused to leave are not back yet. HUD has plenty to do with the current low attendance. The bounce that we did not get starts at the low achieved by HUD.

As one of his "biggest critics" you know I'm right. Hud not being here has zero to do with the current low attendance. The normal coaching change bounce was missed.
    That's not what you said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You just can't say that the new low achieved by HUD last year "just goes away." That is on him and many that he has caused to leave are not back yet. HUD has plenty to do with the current low attendance. The bounce that we did not get starts at the low achieved by HUD.
    If there was any semblance of a resemblance to any residual Hud boycott there wouldn't have been 28,000 for the first home game, when Hud memories were freshest.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If there was any semblance of a resemblance to any residual Hud boycott there wouldn't have been 28,000 for the first home game, when Hud memories were freshest.
    8000 of those were from Grambling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown
    That's not what you said
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Hud has zero to do with current attendance.

Real attendance doubled going from Baldwin's last and Bustle's first year. The increase in wins was negligible and losing was immediate.

Yet attendance improved.

There was his bump, to 20,000. It was short lived. I guess a few came back for that game.

People like to root for winners, period. Coach hud brought that for a little while, and attendance increased...then we became the .500 ball club again, and the bandwagon people jumped off. Leaving us with the pre-Hud attendance levels. Need to win again, number 1, but also need to address many other issues to attract and MAKE fans. I'm not a marketing guy, but we have to seize on our culture and have tradition. Our tailgating experience has done that to an extent but also need to carry that to the game experience....po-boys, boudin, jumbalaya, etouffee, being served at concessions, more band less piped music, and instead of whooopwhoooooooop for first down, how about an Aiy-eeee!!! I think we have the greatest potential college town in America and we just haven't taken full advantage of it. Got to make it a fun unique experience😁 built on pride and tradition.

Blog Entries

There was his bump, to 20,000. It was short lived. I guess a few came back for that game.
    I'm wrong more often than I'm right, but that's why I think it's something else.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    People like to root for winners, period. Coach hud brought that for a little while, and attendance increased...then we became the .500 ball club again, and the bandwagon people jumped off. Leaving us with the pre-Hud attendance levels. Need to win again, number 1, but also need to address many other issues to attract and MAKE fans. I'm not a marketing guy, but we have to seize on our culture and have tradition. Our tailgating experience has done that to an extent but also need to carry that to the game experience....po-boys, boudin, jumbalaya, etouffee, being served at concessions, more band less piped music, and instead of whooopwhoooooooop for first down, how about an Aiy-eeee!!! I think we have the greatest potential college town in America and we just haven't taken full advantage of it. Got to make it a fun unique experience😁 built on pride and tradition.
    I agree with the food choices, but it can't be $18 a plate or $10 a poboy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    28,866 to be exact.

Blog Entries

If Cajun4Life's numbers are right it would be 20,866

If Cajun4Life's numbers are right it would be 20,866
    I like how you fudge 100% of all rounding in your favor.

Blog Entries

I like how you fudge 100% of all rounding in your favor.
    Exactly, which is why my memory said 28,000 when actual was 28,866

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

Very good Freakonomics thinking

-we should have some type of enticement to get Grambling and Southern every other year interchange games

-even if it meant more money or as I have proposed in the past, a concert after with their bands and Zydeco music that they could produce for CDs!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8