_ _ _ _

Thread: MBB: How many teams have a losing record vs. Kansas?

UL Basketball MBB: How many teams have a losing record vs. Kansas?

If you know, please post the answer. I could not find it.

However, I did find this out, the Cajuns are not one of them!
    That's right! The Cajuns do not have a losing record to the Kansas Jayhawks,
    notably one of the most prestigious college basketball programs in the country.

The Cajuns record vs. Kansas is 1-1.
    The Cajuns won the very first meeting in 1983!
    Final Score: Cajuns 107 - Kansas 78. (Probably one of the most lopsided defeats in Kansas basketball history.)

Default Re: MBB: How many teams have a losing record vs. Kansas?

What Kansas is saying about the Cajuns:

"Louisiana (Nov. 16, Lawrence, preseason NIT home contest) the 2018 Sun Belt regular-season champion, played in the 2018 postseason NIT, losing to LSU in the first round. Early Bracketology has the Ragin' Cajuns in the 2019 NCAA Tournament. Louisiana went 27-7 in 2017-18, 16-2 in league play. The Ragin' Cajuns are coached by Bob Marlin, who was named the 2018 Sun Belt Coach of the Year. The KU-Louisiana series is tied at 1-1; Louisiana won, 107-78, on Dec. 29, 1983, in New Orleans and Kansas won, 96-51, on Dec. 11, 2004, in Allen Fieldhouse."

I do not recall the 1983 game (evidently when the Sugar Bowl was hosting a tournament). If you can shed any light on that game please post your recollections.

Mike, were your there?

Kansas started playing basketball in 1898.
    They have had only one coach with a career losing record.
    He was their very first coach. You will probably recognize the name,
    James Naismith.

Also, " Kansas has the fewest head coaches (8) of any program that has been around 100 years, yet has reached the Final Four under more head coaches (6) than any other program in the nation. Every head coach at Kansas since the inception of the NCAA Tournament has led the program to the Final Four."
    Not too shabby.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas...27s_basketball

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post

"Louisiana (Nov. 16, Lawrence, preseason NIT home contest) the 2018 Sun Belt regular-season champion, played in the 2018 postseason NIT, losing to LSU in the first round. Early Bracketology has the Ragin' Cajuns in the 2019 NCAA Tournament. Louisiana went 27-7 in 2017-18, 16-2 in league play. The Ragin' Cajuns are coached by Bob Marlin, who was named the 2018 Sun Belt Coach of the Year. The KU-Louisiana series is tied at 1-1; Louisiana won, 107-78, on Dec. 29, 1983, in New Orleans and Kansas won, 96-51, on Dec. 11, 2004, in Allen Fieldhouse."

I do not recall the 1983 game (evidently when the Sugar Bowl was hosting a tournament). If you can shed any light on that game please post your recollections.

Mike, were your there?
    I was at the 1983 game in the Dome. It was in late December as part of the Sugare Bowl basketball tournament. We won the championship by also beating Florida in the tournament. I don't remember the game against Kansas being that lopsided. I recall it being close with us pulling away with about 10 minutes to go. That was the senior year of Graylin Warner, Alonzo Allen, and Dion Brown. The team went to the NIT Final Four later in March. Only 48 teams went to the NCAA tournament back then. We were upset by Joe Dumars and McNeese in our final regular season game which probably sealed our NIT fate.

Blog Entries

If you know, please post the answer. I could not find it.

However, I did find this out, the Cajuns are not one of them!
    That's right! The Cajuns do not have a losing record to the Kansas Jayhawks,
    notably one of the most prestigious college basketball programs in the country.

The Cajuns record vs. Kansas is 1-1.
    The Cajuns won the very first meeting in 1983!
    Final Score: Cajuns 107 - Kansas 78. (Probably one of the most lopsided defeats in Kansas basketball history.)
    Great stat.

I am enjoying it to the full while I can.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Mike, were your there?
    Houston Cajun and myself were there.....an amazing tourney....we beat Florida Coached by Norm Sloan the first night and Kansas Coached by Larry Brown the second night......that was our NIT final four team.....Bobby Paschal was one Hell of a basketball coach and deserves to be in our Hall of Fame

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Houston Cajun and myself were there.....an amazing tourney....we beat Florida Coached by Norm Sloan the first night and Kansas Coached by Larry Brown the second night......that was our NIT final four team.....Bobby Paschal was one Hell of a basketball coach and deserves to be in our Hall of Fame
    Don't forget Judd Heatcoat from Michigan State under Bobby. Lon Kruger when he was working his way up eventually to Kansas State was a regular victim too.

Was there in '83. After beating Kansas, the dome's PA guy was inflating Larry Brown's colon with hot air after the game to the point Cajun fans started booing. And I remember Sloan being less than happy.

Ah, before ESPN came along and everyone wanted to be in Division 1 basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Thanks. I hope Coach Paschal returns for the reunion game (vs. ULM?) this year. I will be sure to ask him about those games!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Great stat.

I am enjoying it to the full while I can.
    Thought you might like that one!
    I posted it early so you had more time to enjoy!
    Not that you won't be able to after Friday, but you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I was at the 1983 game in the Dome. It was in late December as part of the Sugare Bowl basketball tournament. We won the championship by also beating Florida in the tournament. I don't remember the game against Kansas being that lopsided. I recall it being close with us pulling away with about 10 minutes to go. That was the senior year of Graylin Warner, Alonzo Allen, and Dion Brown. The team went to the NIT Final Four later in March. Only 48 teams went to the NCAA tournament back then. We were upset by Joe Dumars and McNeese in our final regular season game which probably sealed our NIT fate.
    Thanks Mike.

FYI - This is how Kansas handles parking for basketball games...

Parking Information
    Accessible/Limited Mobility Parking
    Accessible parking is available for a $25 fee on a first-come, first-served basis in Lots 54 (north of Allen Fieldhouse), 71 (south of Allen Fieldhouse), 72 (northwest of Allen Fieldhouse), and the parking garage (north of Allen Fieldhouse). Display your state-issued accessible license plate or hangtag and have your personal identification card with you. Should these spaces be filled, additional accessible parking spaces are available at Park and Ride in lot 301 located off Clinton Parkway and Crestline (North of the Shenk Recreational Sports Complex). An accessible bus will be available for the ride to Allen Fieldhouse for a fee of $3 per person. Limited mobility fans will be allowed to unload and load near the south entrance to Allen Fieldhouse.

Public Parking
    Please follow City and University parking regulations when parking on streets in the area. Beginning two hours prior to tip-off, KU Parking & Transit will make available a shuttle service pick-up at stop 3 at Park and Ride in Lot 301 for a fee of $3 per person. The parking in this lot is free after 4:00 pm on weekdays and free all day on Saturday and Sunday. The entrance is located at Clinton Parkway and Crestline (next to the Shenk Recreational Sports Complex). Return trips will end 30 minutes following the game. Shuttle service for limited mobility fans will be provided in the same manner as above. Limited mobility fans will be allowed to unload and load near the south entrance to Allen Fieldhouse.

Okay I have an answer to my question.
    On this year's schedule, alone,
    the Jayhawks do not have a winning record versus the following teams:

Michigan State (7-7; Kansas recently beat them this year)
    Louisiana (1-1) (the record changes Friday night)
    Villanova (4-3)
    Arizona State (5-5)
    Kentucky (22-9)

I do not have a list of the overall record.
    Any way you look at it, that is a short list.
    The Cajuns are in rare company!
    If not for a monumental upset, the list gets shorter Friday night.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If someone were so inclined, the info starts on pg 115 of their media guide:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/2016/...dia-guide.aspx

KU Record against Oppentents All-Time (tied or losing records only)

Air Force (1-1)
    Arizona St (5-5)
    Auburn (0-1)
    Bradley (0-2)
    Bucknell (0-1)
    Cincinnati (3-4)
    Dayton (1-1)
    Duke (5-7)
    Duquesne (0-1)
    Illinois (3-3)
    Indiana (6-8)
    Iowa (3-7)