_ _ _ _

Thread: Game Day Atmosphere

Default Game Day Atmosphere

So, a season long issue, lots has been said about the boring GDA at Cajun Field...What are your 3 or more best ideas to change it (already know causes, ideas to change it)...

Default Re: Game Day Atmosphere

1. Get more students into the game.

2. Try to start some call/response cheers with the band.

3. Reduce capacity and build a roof to help trap in noise.

4. Start a soccer style supporters group.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The first two a must. That should be part of any college football game.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    So, a season long issue, lots has been said about the boring GDA at Cajun Field...What are your 3 or more best ideas to change it (already know causes, ideas to change it)...

When I was in under grad school we used to get to the games early to get on the rail to yell at the other team. I'm wondering if the university can't hire a "pep squad" to start this again.

We have no football culture we just try to copy things we see around the country.

We need to develop our own identity as fans and that has to happen organically.

For that to happen we have to have sustained success.

DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    When I was in under grad school we used to get to the games early to get on the rail to yell at the other team. I'm wondering if the university can't hire a "pep squad" to start this again.
    I lived at the railing when I was there from 87-91ish a lot of the time flying my fraternity flag. The rest of the time giving the other team shat. It got me thrown out of a game once and in front of Dean Pratt, but that is a story for another day.

Greek attendance at games was good at that time. I think improving student attendance begins and ends with getting them back involved.

like was same earlier. win, win, and win. in 2018 there no brand loyalty without self gratification attached. keeping winning and people will keep jumping on the bandwagon. GDA will become whatever you want it to become, because people will be willing to do whatever to be apart of the winning.