_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Disappointment, so far

Default Re: Biggest Disappointment, so far

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I am now dumber for having started this. Good day.
    Right F'n On!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Hence why i said, y'all must have missed huds last 3 years. People load the box on us all the time and we still run it. When #6,#9,#11 and #40 load the box is the problem. Nunez not keeping it is by design and that's not all on him. I think he is doing what the coaches ask of him and playing within the game plan. Not having Mitchell at Troy killed us.
    Not having Mitchell did hurt but the last few series were ALL on Nunez. He took sacks that Jay mentioned were coverage sacks but when you look at him in the pocket, he had happy feet and was moving around when he didn't have to. He got flustered and impatient. That had nothing to do with the Mitchell absence. Again, I get that the play is not all that different from Hud's years but the point was that many thought him being a senior, an entire year to prepare for the starting spot and Napier being to coach him up was going to put him in a spot to be better than he has.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Serious question Turbine. Do you lift?

I'm no expert and didn't play college football, but I've spent over half my life (I'm 50) in the weight room. Your opinions about the weight room and its affect on the football field or other finer motor skills are not consistent with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    .... an entire year to prepare for the starting spot and Napier being to coach him up was going to put him in a spot to be better than he has.
    I don't think that is the case. Quite frankly, I think we've gotten more than was expected from Andre since he's been here. Your statement would make more sense in reference to the other QB.

I think the whole QB discussion has been a giant waste of time. It is what it is. Napier is getting the most he can out of them.

Let's go win some freakin' football games.

Not having Mitchell did hurt but the last few series were ALL on Nunez. He took sacks that Jay mentioned were coverage sacks but when you look at him in the pocket, he had happy feet and was moving around when he didn't have to. He got flustered and impatient. That had nothing to do with the Mitchell absence. Again, I get that the play is not all that different from Hud's years but the point was that many thought him being a senior, an entire year to prepare for the starting spot and Napier being to coach him up was going to put him in a spot to be better than he has.
    He certainly didn't have his best day but it's a team game and im sure he and the coaches point out several things that people did wrong throughout the game. He wasn't brought in as some highly sought after recruit so i just don't see how he can be the biggest disapointment, jmo. Im glad we have him. He was crucial in the win over stAte, a game nobody gave us a chance in.

Blog Entries

I was a certified S & C coach at one time and I have two degrees in the field. I'd suggest I know more than you or Turbine. Any more valuable insight you'd like to share?
    All that insight, yet you shared nothing. You must have forgotten more than I will ever know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Serious question Turbine. Do you lift?

I'm no expert and didn't play college football, but I've spent over half my life (I'm 50) in the weight room. Your opinions about the weight room and its affect on the football field or other finer motor skills are not consistent with reality.
    Not in years.

I have done leg squats where I literally could not walk the next day.

My sister-in-law (who lived with us) suffered from Myotonic muscular dystrophy. As a result I have done extensive research on muscle teardown and rebuilding, or lack thereof.

Again in this particular discussion we are not talking about long term benefits, of which there are many. We are talking about the lack of overnight benefits. Or weekly for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not in years.

I have done leg squats where I literally could not walk the next day.

My sister-in-law (who lived with us) suffered from Myotonic muscular dystrophy. As a result I have done extensive research on muscle teardown and rebuilding, or lack thereof.

Again in this particular discussion we are not talking about long term benefits, of which there are many. We are talking about the lack of overnight benefits. Or weekly for that matter.
    You can lift weights without going to failure or pushing for PR. People who lift regularly don't get sore like people who workout periodically

I'm a firm believer in light lifting to maintain strength during the season. Keyword on light. I've seen many teams lose games in the weight room during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I'm a firm believer in light lifting to maintain strength during the season. Keyword on light. I've seen many teams lose games in the weight room during the week.
    Exactly and light is relative term depending on the person and their weight room habits.

Blog Entries

You can lift weights without going to failure or pushing for PR. People who lift regularly don't get sore like people who workout periodically
    Just because it isn't measurable or even noticeable does not mean there isn't teardown. There is a reason some recommend alternate day scheduling.

Believe me, it never happened to that extent again.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Ok. I'll play along

"Light" is a relative term. To maintain strength one should lift relatively heavy but keep reps in the low to moderate range . The key is not going to or past failure during a maintenance phase. Higher reps (with moderate/ heavy weight) will breakdown more muscle tissue and trigger hypertrophy

All that insight, yet you shared nothing. You must have forgotten more than I will ever know.
    Probably. But like Clutch said, its not even worth going down that hole. I've got work and things to do and it would take a brief dissertation to explain it to you and then likely have to argue again and again so its not really worth it. It's just easier to say that your argument is not very valid and I'd think if you discussed this with any of the coaches much less the S & C coach, they'd disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Ok. I'll play along

"Light" is a relative term. To maintain strength one should lift relatively heavy but keep reps in the low to moderate range . The key is not going to or past failure during a maintenance phase. Higher reps (with moderate/ heavy weight) will breakdown more muscle tissue and trigger hypertrophy
    Training Periodization. Sport specific exercises mixed with intervals of Olympic lifting at 40-60% of 1RM. Depends on the sport as to how the duration, frequency and mode of exercises are incorporated.

He certainly didn't have his best day but it's a team game and im sure he and the coaches point out several things that people did wrong throughout the game. He wasn't brought in as some highly sought after recruit so i just don't see how he can be the biggest disapointment, jmo. Im glad we have him. He was crucial in the win over stAte, a game nobody gave us a chance in.
    Again, I think we are actually all agreeing on the same issue. However, when the offense has let us down this year, it has been primarily started from the QB spot. The OL can have breakdowns and backs can miss a block and receivers can run a poor route but the QB play has not been consistent, especially against the better teams. It is what it is but that doesn't mean its not disappointing

Just because it isn't measurable or even noticeable does not mean there isn't teardown. There is a reason some recommend alternate day scheduling.

Believe me, it never happened to that extent again.
    The same is true with strength and majority of guys on a football field use their strength just as much as speed..the trenches more than anyone. Working out doesn't make your hands hard either, makes them strong..which is exactly what WR's need.

Again, I think we are actually all agreeing on the same issue. However, when the offense has let us down this year, it has been primarily started from the QB spot. The OL can have breakdowns and backs can miss a block and receivers can run a poor route but the QB play has not been consistent, especially against the better teams. It is what it is but that doesn't mean its not disappointing
    In our offense the QB is the last line of defense, by the time the QB has let us down..everyone in front of him already has. I get it, it's easy to watch the QB and decide what he did or didn't do or should have done but nobody knows when the receiver went 2 yards too deep into his route or the guard missed his assignment..the QB is seeing the play get busted in front of him bc the QB and the Center are usually the only 2 people who know where everyone is supposed to go. Takes a special player to have everything going wrong in front of him and keep poise, that's what makes great QB's great. It probably would have been better if JD had left before spring, people forget he took away a lot of reps from Nunez and Lewis in the spring. I guess a simpler way to put it, outside of miss state and Alabama, going into every game i thought having Nunez back there gave us a chance...i haven't felt that way since broadway.

I don't like the alternating of QB's. I think Nunez is our best option and gives us our best chance to win. Lewis is not as good of a passer and I think it makes our offense way too predictable to defend against the run. Switching QB's also messes with QB/ receiver timing.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ........So what is up with Dion Ray? Is he red shirting? Hope he is still around to fulfill his athleticism!
    Dion has played on offense. Don't think he has been targeted with a pass much however. He already redshirted so that is not an option.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Biggest Disappointment, so far

My biggest disappointment by far is us, the UL fan and student base not supporting this program. No problem on the team comes close to our ill placed ego about our conference, or place in the NCAA world.

Nobody with an once of football IQ thought we had the talent numbers to compete. It's fine to say we're tired of the past, but not supporting isn't going to help.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast