_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Disappointment, so far

Default Re: Biggest Disappointment, so far

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You're right it was just a take.

2 positions should stay out of the weight room during the season. Quarterbacks and receivers.
    Just stop

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    OMG. LOL. So you're saying the weight room has caused him to hit the wall? Just stop it.
    Hush. My explanation makes more sense than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Afte watching Nunez and Lewis last year im not sure what people expected, but they both have gotten better. We are scoring 32 ppg and have played the #6,#9,#11 and #40 ranked defenses. I would say he has managed the offense pretty well. He isn't a take over the game kinda guy and he has taken care of the football.
    Nunez showed glimpses last year. His first game when he came in for Davis, he looked like a world beater. He's had some good games but he's also looked very pedestrian. I did not have high expectations of the position. I did not have high expectations of the team in general. I predicted 5 wins. However, our offense in the first half of the CC game can be argued is what lost us that game. The offense also stalled against Troy.

It's all how you look at it. You would say well it was held in check by good defenses. You are probably right but the QB position is what suffered in those games and I think that is what people would say they are disappointed in, especially when those are games that were very winnable and we were in them.

Hush. My explanation makes more sense than yours.
    I don't have an explanation but I'm certainly not throwing ____ against the wall and hoping it sticks. lol

Nunez showed glimpses last year. His first game when he came in for Davis, he looked like a world beater. He's had some good games but he's also looked very pedestrian. I did not have high expectations of the position. I did not have high expectations of the team in general. I predicted 5 wins. However, our offense in the first half of the CC game can be argued is what lost us that game. The offense also stalled against Troy.

It's all how you look at it. You would say well it was held in check by good defenses. You are probably right but the QB position is what suffered in those games and I think that is what people would say they are disappointed in, especially when those are games that were very winnable and we were in them.
    A lot of backup QB's come in and look like world beaters when there is no film on them or opponent didn't prepare for them. Our offense goes through the run game and when our o-line has blocked well Nunez looks good. The reason we were in those games is our QB "managed" the game and didn't throw it to the other team 3 times like previous years. We were in them because of him too. As far as the CC game, Nunez doesn't call the plays, he doesn't drop passes, he doesn't block...there are 10 other guys on offense too...and damn sure doesn't play defense which couldn't get off the field several times. Id take this year's Nunez over anyone since broadway.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

He's playing. Was supposed to go in the game in Wildcat last game from what I saw. They called him back a couple of times after they were going to put him in. I don't think he was very happy.
    .....thanks for the info!

Blog Entries

I don't have an explanation but I'm certainly not throwing ____ against the wall and hoping it sticks. lol
    There is zero debate that weightlifting tears down muscles and your body builds new stronger ones. Ones with no muscle memory. Altering fluidity of the appendages and by way of connection the once soft hands required to catch.

Not that it can't be relearned

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    A lot of backup QB's come in and look like world beaters when there is no film on them or opponent didn't prepare for them. Our offense goes through the run game and when our o-line has blocked well Nunez looks good. The reason we were in those games is our QB "managed" the game and didn't throw it to the other team 3 times like previous years. We were in them because of him too. As far as the CC game, Nunez doesn't call the plays, he doesn't drop passes, he doesn't block...there are 10 other guys on offense too...and damn sure doesn't play defense which couldn't get off the field several times. Id take this year's Nunez over anyone since broadway.
    I would take him too only because we've been so poor. However, our run game is stifled because teams are loading up the box to stop it knowing that Nunez isn't going to beat them and he certainly won't keep the ball in the zone read to keep them honest. Troy beat up on Ragas only because we had little to threaten them with.

There is zero debate that weightlifting tears down muscles and your body builds new stronger ones. Ones with no muscle memory. Altering fluidity of the appendages and by way of connection the once soft hands required to catch.

You know little about Periodization. The training you do in season is obviously not the same as the training you do in the offseason. Lifting is done to maintain strength levels while not overloading the body the same way you do in the growth period. I really don't want to go any further with it because you are going to stay firm to your take with little knowledge of how a collegiate S & C program works.

You know little about Periodization. The training you do in season is obviously not the same as the training you do in the offseason. Lifting is done to maintain strength levels while not overloading the body the same way you do in the growth period. I really don't want to go any further with it because you are going to stay firm to your take with little knowledge of how a collegiate S & C program works.
    C'mon Turbine. You don't understand. He knows and you don't know. That is how those who dominate this board treat the rest. So, you just don't know.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

I would take him too only because we've been so poor. However, our run game is stifled because teams are loading up the box to stop it knowing that Nunez isn't going to beat them and he certainly won't keep the ball in the zone read to keep them honest. Troy beat up on Ragas only because we had little to threaten them with.
    Not having Mitchell hurt us very much last game.

Hence why i said, y'all must have missed huds last 3 years. People load the box on us all the time and we still run it. When #6,#9,#11 and #40 load the box is the problem. Nunez not keeping it is by design and that's not all on him. I think he is doing what the coaches ask of him and playing within the game plan. Not having Mitchell at Troy killed us.

Blog Entries

My whole point is periodization.

Daily in-season use of the strength gained in the off season, by repetitive game style usage in-season, is a far superior way of maintaining the actual muscles used for the task.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    C'mon Turbine. You don't understand. He knows and you don't know. That is how those who dominate this board treat the rest. So, you just don't know.
    Based on his comment, he doesn't understand.

DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

You're right it was just a take.

2 positions should stay out of the weight room during the season. Quarterbacks and receivers.
    Serious question Turbine. Do you lift?

I'm no expert and didn't play college football, but I've spent over half my life (I'm 50) in the weight room. Your opinions about the weight room and its affect on the football field or other finer motor skills are not consistent with reality.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Based on his comment, he doesn't understand.
    I guarantee you if you give me 2 guys of equal speed who are practicing for speed, if one of the two does muscle building leg weightlifting on Friday, the other who did actual speed training on Friday will be the faster on Saturday.

Ironically, muscles have nothing to do with muscle memory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Ironically, muscles have nothing to do with muscle memory.
    That statement is true only if you focus solely on memory.

If you have more (added) muscles suddenly performing the same delicate task using the exact same memory you will overcompensate.

They need to be retrained.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I guarantee you if you give me 2 guys of equal speed who are practicing for speed, if one of the two does muscle building leg weightlifting on Friday, the other who did actual speed training on Friday will be the faster on Saturday.
    I am now dumber for having started this. Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I was a certified S & C coach at one time and I have two degrees in the field. I'd suggest I know more than you or Turbine. Any more valuable insight you'd like to share?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast