_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: WBB vs Lamar

  1. #41
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,825

    Default Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Dont forgot wins vs top 100 team and postseason tournaments wins

    Gary has him beat by a mile.
    He does have him beat, but he still cant compete at the top of a weak SBC.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    827

    Default Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Well, you guys have fun hammering Garry. He just got a contract extension.


  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,714

    Default Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Well, you guys have fun hammering Garry. He just got a contract extension.
    lol

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    He does have him beat, but he still cant compete at the top of a weak SBC.
    You always had something against Brodhead. What is your deal with that? I can remember when he was hired. You had something to say about him. I know the late Kelly Hall was your guy, but dont forget Brodhead already has more wins. The mens league is weak as well. Are you saying the same things about Marlin? He went to the tourney one time in 8 years in a weak League, while making $500K a year. I think you just have a personal issue with Brodhead.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    lol
    Thank you...

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,714

    Default Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    You always had something against Brodhead. What is your deal with that? I can remember when he was hired. You had something to say about him. I know the late Kelly Hall was your guy, but dont forget Brodhead already has more wins. The mens league is weak as well. Are you saying the same things about Marlin? He went to the tourney one time in 8 years in a weak League, while making $500K a year. I think you just have a personal issue with Brodhead.
    Well, to answer your question. Yes, he and others are saying the same about Marlin, at least to a degree. That is the continuous argument on this site. I think you can debate Marlin more than Gary. I'm with giving Gary more time especially with the absolute mess that the previous administration left us with. Marlin is different because he just hasn't done anything to push the success meter in this program. He wins some games. Yes. But he doesn't win any big games against higher competition and he's been lacking in conference titles, conference tournament titles that lead you to the NCAA tournament especially when looking at the number of times he's been extended with pay raises.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,066
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    You always had something against Brodhead. What is your deal with that? I can remember when he was hired. You had something to say about him. I know the late Kelly Hall was your guy, but dont forget Brodhead already has more wins. The mens league is weak as well. Are you saying the same things about Marlin? He went to the tourney one time in 8 years in a weak League, while making $500K a year. I think you just have a personal issue with Brodhead.
    Don't get him started on Marlin.

    Brodhead has been through a lot with the loss of his wife. He had to come up with a whole new system of getting things done.

    I give him a pass, two really, what Rogers left him was a climb.

  8. #48
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,654

    UL Basketball Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Don't get him started on Marlin.

    Brodhead has been through a lot with the loss of his wife. He had to come up with a whole new system of getting things done.

    I give him a pass, two really, what Rogers left him was a climb.
    He's gone through hell. It wasn't fair to call him out in his first 4 years. This is year 6 I believe. He's constantly been without enough talent to win.

    As for Marlin he's got his own issues.

    Neither one of them are going to get us where we want to be, at least I want, the NCAA, NIT with a decent seeding on a consistent basis.

    I know it's scary to give up mediocre results for the unknown. We're never going to be great with either of these guys.

    Some are fine with that. I'd take a chance.

  9. #49
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He's gone through hell. It wasn't fair to call him out in his first 4 years. This is year 6 I believe. He's constantly been without enough talent to win.

    As for Marlin he's got his own issues.

    Neither one of them are going to get us where we want to be, at least I want, the NCAA, NIT with a decent seeding on a consistent basis.

    I know it's scary to give up mediocre results for the unknown. We're never going to be great with either of these guys.

    Some are fine with that. I'd take a chance.
    We will have to wait 4 years before we take a chance on bringing someone in for either job

  10. #50
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,825

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    You always had something against Brodhead. What is your deal with that? I can remember when he was hired. You had something to say about him. I know the late Kelly Hall was your guy, but dont forget Brodhead already has more wins. The mens league is weak as well. Are you saying the same things about Marlin? He went to the tourney one time in 8 years in a weak League, while making $500K a year. I think you just have a personal issue with Brodhead.
    It isnt personal. He just isnt a very good recruiter, nor do his teams do well against top 125 or so teams. He is better than Marlin, but that aint saying much.

    Hall's best team would beat Garry's best by 20+ points 10 out of 10 games.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,066
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    It isnt personal. He just isnt a very good recruiter, nor do his teams do well against top 125 or so teams. He is better than Marlin, but that aint saying much.

    Hall's best team would beat Garry's best by 20+ points 10 out of 10 games.
    Irony is, Hall had a certain Russian Amazonka, who was recruited by one of the worst basketball coaches in UL history.

  12. #52
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,654

    Default Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We will have to wait 4 years before we take a chance on bringing someone in for either job
    I understand that. The question was why we're unhappy with the coaches.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    11

    Default

    What is it with you people? Comparing WBB with soccer is ridiculous. Soccer just won 3 games all season and had their 4th or 5th straight losing season. Brodhead is looking for his 5th straight winning season, and two of those were probably the best two seasons UL WBB has ever had. I'd say he has positioned UL in the top tier of the SBC.


  14. #54
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,654

    UL Basketball Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    What is it with you people? Comparing WBB with soccer is ridiculous. Soccer just won 3 games all season and had their 4th or 5th straight losing season. Brodhead is looking for his 5th straight winning season, and two of those were probably the best two seasons UL WBB has ever had. I'd say he has positioned UL in the top tier of the SBC.
    Fall down 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,066
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: WBB vs Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    What is it with you people? Comparing WBB with soccer is ridiculous. Soccer just won 3 games all season and had their 4th or 5th straight losing season. Brodhead is looking for his 5th straight winning season, and two of those were probably the best two seasons UL WBB has ever had. I'd say he has positioned UL in the top tier of the SBC.
    You're right, there is no valid comparison .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •