_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Students Only

Default Students Only

RaginCaleb, studentfan and there are a couple others. Please recruit some of your peers to come to RP and let's have a chat.

Time to get this shyt straightened out for good.

Default Re: Students Only

I laid into my nephew, Freshmen at UL, pretty good this weekend about the lack of support. Something has got to give!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    RaginCaleb, studentfan and there are a couple others. Please recruit some of your peers to come to RP and let's have a chat.

Time to get this shyt straightened out for good.

I live right by campus and I see the mass exodus every Friday and the return on late Sunday or Monday morning. The campus is a ghost town on weekends. The only students on campus are those that live in the residence halls and many of them go home on Friday too. The ones that live off campus go home or they are working. If you are local all you have to do is walk around campus on a Saturday afternoon. It's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    It would only be natural for a cheap loser like yourself to answer a thread not meant for you, with a played out gif.

Stay on brand.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I live right by campus and I see the mass exodus every Friday and the return on late Sunday or Monday morning. The campus is a ghost town on weekends. The only students on campus are those that live in the residence halls and many of them go home on Friday too. The ones that live off campus go home or they are working. If you are local all you have to do is walk around campus on a Saturday afternoon. It's dead.
    Here's the deal with that. Most of those students are going back to Rayne, Eunice, Aville, Breaux Bridge, etc.

Hence my thoughts on a student village to keep kids involved from the time class ends to the time the game ends. Give them a reason to stay after school. Let them "own" the west side of the stadium area. Let them in, students only, to the stadium concourse before the game. At halftime, $1 domestic beers with student ID, $3 hamburgers. Kick for Cash at the end of the third quarter. It need be, let the student village rage on after a victory and clean up on Sunday.

Blog Entries

School on Saturday 4pm till 8pm

No school if you go to the game.

None of that stops students from driving back to Cajun Field for the game. Most of these kids are still doing things on Saturday night, and most of them are doing it in Lafayette.

The bottom line is that right now they don't have a reason to come or a reason to care.

It would only be natural for a cheap loser like yourself to answer a thread not meant for you, with a played out gif.

Stay on brand.
    You make me laugh dude. You of all people are surely the one who can fix our attendance problems. I've got my popcorn.

Party school rep is ruined

Students dont care about the games.. The games were just another place to have some beers, scream at the other teams bench, and just have a good time

They got rid of the student tailgate that played all of the bar music. Cops are stricter than ever at handing out MIPs in the tailgate area... and the team's "rivalry" games are against schools that the average student has never heard of

Really surprised students haven't come here in droves to engage with MAT.

You make me laugh dude. You of all people are surely the one who can fix our attendance problems. I've got my popcorn.
    Didn't see your brilliant ideas. Other than being a cheap tittie baby. Par for the course with you.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Really surprised students haven't come here in droves to engage with MAT.
    Just couldn't wait to press send on that one. A thread less than an hour old. Btw, students are in class, dope.

None of that stops students from driving back to Cajun Field for the game. Most of these kids are still doing things on Saturday night, and most of them are doing it in Lafayette.

The bottom line is that right now they don't have a reason to come or a reason to care.
    Exactly my point. If they cared they would stay in town or come back to town. They leave on Friday afternoon because the want to or they have to in order to work or to cut down on expenses by being home. Every Friday I see the cars being loaded up with dirty clothes, etc. and then return with clean clothes etc. If you drive in every day for class then they probably don't want to drive in on Saturday when they could be home with their family. Going to a football game is just not that important to them.

Didn't see your brilliant ideas. Other than being a cheap tittie baby. Par for the course with you.
    Actually, I said this would happen 3-4 years ago. I was the only one who was ____ed off at Farmer for expanding the stadium. I was the only one calling for him to reduce capacity a little bit and spend that money on improving the seats we already had. I was one of the only ones who said it was a terrible idea to move student tailgating and increase the price of parking and tailgating spots. I saw this attendance trainwreck coming a long time ago. Everyone else was too caught up in their Big XII fantasies to see it too.

I don't pretend to have all the answers, but there are some VERY obvious steps that can be taken to help things. But you've already sworn those off because you somehow can't realize that most people in Acadiana aren't willing or able to pay $1,500/yr for a Sun Belt experience.

Exactly my point. If they cared they would stay in town or come back to town. They leave on Friday afternoon because the want to or they have to in order to work or to cut down on expenses by being home. Every Friday I see the cars being loaded up with dirty clothes, etc. and then return with clean clothes etc. If you drive in every day for class then they probably don't want to drive in on Saturday when they could be home with their family. Going to a football game is just not that important to them.
    Ur last statement, right on, the type of Students UL is attracting and getting, don't care for sports. Met a parent today, says her son is in engineering and doesn't have time for anything else but class work.

The future of Alumni giving to sports is gonna die with the BABY BOOMERS, and it is baby boomers in part for the not getting their kids involved with some family togetherness at Cajuns sports. I for one, am guilty, my daughter and son in law are home bodies. Expense is another key factor for not going to Cajun Sports.

Just couldn't wait to press send on that one. A thread less than an hour old. Btw, students are in class, dope.
    Guilty! Sorry about that. Any idea when the students get out of class?

They are all at the baseball scrimmage right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    They are all at the baseball scrimmage right now.
    All 10 of them from the football game?

Oh, there are more than 10 there tonight

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast