_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: App St vs Ga So

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    Don't ask

    If one of the three is in the College Football Playoff top 25...that team will win the division. If none are ranked, than the tiebreak will be an average ranking of 4 computer polls that used to make up the old BCS ranking system.
    Wow! So a computer will let us know. Great. How about highest attendance average!!!!!!!!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,287

    Default Re: App St vs Ga So

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .......I wanted App to keep their high. Ranking to aide our conference!!!
    After watching App St's backup QB last night, Gibson (whoever that may be) might have been able to assist in your want.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,865

    Default Re: App St vs Ga So

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    Don't ask

    If one of the three is in the College Football Playoff top 25...that team will win the division. If none are ranked, than the tiebreak will be an average ranking of 4 computer polls that used to make up the old BCS ranking system.
    So it's not rock, paper scissors?

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Wow! So a computer will let us know. Great. How about highest attendance average!!!!!!!!
    I thought the Sun Belt had upgraded from the KarlBot 2000.

    I had heard it exploded after trying to generate a Sun Bekt basketball schedule and Karl Benson's handicap at the same time?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    606

    Default Re: App St vs Ga So

    Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    It's very effective against G5 defenses that don't see it often, but I don't care for the triple option as an offense. I'm glad we don't run it. My opinion is that it won't work very well when trying to beat more athletic teams, such as P5 teams. That requires a passing offense, when needed. I know it's way too early to tell, due to personnel, but I'm still wondering what we will get with Coach Napier in the years to come. Right now, he is utilizing what we can do, and that's run the ball.
    GaSo beat Florida 4 years ago (I think) - only throwing 3-4 passes.

  6. #66
    Clutch0364's Avatar
    Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    5,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    It's very effective against G5 defenses that don't see it often, but I don't care for the triple option as an offense. I'm glad we don't run it. My opinion is that it won't work very well when trying to beat more athletic teams, such as P5 teams. That requires a passing offense, when needed. I know it's way too early to tell, due to personnel, but I'm still wondering what we will get with Coach Napier in the years to come. Right now, he is utilizing what we can do, and that's run the ball.
    Georgia southern beat Florida a few years back.

    Army took OU to OT earlier this year and only completed 3 of 8 passes.

    Georgia tech beat Virginia Tech last night. Only threw one pass which was incomplete.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,425

    Default Re: App St vs Ga So

    Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    It's very effective against G5 defenses that don't see it often, but I don't care for the triple option as an offense. I'm glad we don't run it. My opinion is that it won't work very well when trying to beat more athletic teams, such as P5 teams. That requires a passing offense, when needed. I know it's way too early to tell, due to personnel, but I'm still wondering what we will get with Coach Napier in the years to come. Right now, he is utilizing what we can do, and that's run the ball.
    acc made same excuse about no time to prepare. dumb question: do teams only have from previous game to prepare or do they set aside time in preseason or maybe an hour a week to sort of "pre-prepare" for games farther away.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,951

    Default Re: App St vs Ga So

    Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    GaSo beat Florida 4 years ago (I think) - only throwing 3-4 passes.
    I said a good P5 team. Florida lost 8 games that year.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,951

    Default Re: App St vs Ga So

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Georgia southern beat Florida a few years back.

    Army took OU to OT earlier this year and only completed 3 of 8 passes.

    Georgia tech beat Virginia Tech last night. Only threw one pass which was incomplete.
    Georgia tech is P5. I'm talking about a G5 beating a decent P5.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,951

    Default Re: App St vs Ga So

    For any rule there are exceptions, out of hundreds maybe thousands of games, only a couple came close and one beat a bad team? I think that makes my point.


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,951

    Default Re: App St vs Ga So

    N/A


  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,118
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: App St vs Ga So

    Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I said a good P5 team. Florida lost 8 games that year.
    People don't remember that.

    Which must mean you're not people.

  13. #73
    Clutch0364's Avatar
    Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    5,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    For any rule there are exceptions, out of hundreds maybe thousands of games, only a couple came close and one beat a bad team? I think that makes my point.
    No it doesn't. Very few teams run the triple option out of the flexbone. It's interesting that all the programs running it are pretty successful. Navy (having a rough season but history is in their favor), Army, Georgia Southern, and Georgia Tech. When you cannot recruit the talent other schools can, the triple option neutralizes the talent descrepency.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,951

    Default Re: App St vs Ga So

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    No it doesn't. Very few teams run the triple option out of the flexbone. It's interesting that all the programs running it are pretty successful. Navy (having a rough season but history is in their favor), Army, Georgia Southern, and Georgia Tech. When you cannot recruit the talent other schools can, the triple option neutralizes the talent descrepency.
    I hear you, I just disagree, and glad we don't run it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •