_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: App St vs Ga So

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    Don't ask

If one of the three is in the College Football Playoff top 25...that team will win the division. If none are ranked, than the tiebreak will be an average ranking of 4 computer polls that used to make up the old BCS ranking system.
    Wow! So a computer will let us know. Great. How about highest attendance average!!!!!!!!

Default Re: App St vs Ga So

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .......I wanted App to keep their high. Ranking to aide our conference!!!
    After watching App St's backup QB last night, Gibson (whoever that may be) might have been able to assist in your want.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    Don't ask

If one of the three is in the College Football Playoff top 25...that team will win the division. If none are ranked, than the tiebreak will be an average ranking of 4 computer polls that used to make up the old BCS ranking system.
    So it's not rock, paper scissors?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Wow! So a computer will let us know. Great. How about highest attendance average!!!!!!!!
    I thought the Sun Belt had upgraded from the KarlBot 2000.

I had heard it exploded after trying to generate a Sun Bekt basketball schedule and Karl Benson's handicap at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    It's very effective against G5 defenses that don't see it often, but I don't care for the triple option as an offense. I'm glad we don't run it. My opinion is that it won't work very well when trying to beat more athletic teams, such as P5 teams. That requires a passing offense, when needed. I know it's way too early to tell, due to personnel, but I'm still wondering what we will get with Coach Napier in the years to come. Right now, he is utilizing what we can do, and that's run the ball.
    GaSo beat Florida 4 years ago (I think) - only throwing 3-4 passes.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It's very effective against G5 defenses that don't see it often, but I don't care for the triple option as an offense. I'm glad we don't run it. My opinion is that it won't work very well when trying to beat more athletic teams, such as P5 teams. That requires a passing offense, when needed. I know it's way too early to tell, due to personnel, but I'm still wondering what we will get with Coach Napier in the years to come. Right now, he is utilizing what we can do, and that's run the ball.
    Georgia southern beat Florida a few years back.

Army took OU to OT earlier this year and only completed 3 of 8 passes.

Georgia tech beat Virginia Tech last night. Only threw one pass which was incomplete.

acc made same excuse about no time to prepare. dumb question: do teams only have from previous game to prepare or do they set aside time in preseason or maybe an hour a week to sort of "pre-prepare" for games farther away.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    GaSo beat Florida 4 years ago (I think) - only throwing 3-4 passes.
    I said a good P5 team. Florida lost 8 games that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Georgia southern beat Florida a few years back.

Army took OU to OT earlier this year and only completed 3 of 8 passes.

Georgia tech beat Virginia Tech last night. Only threw one pass which was incomplete.
    Georgia tech is P5. I'm talking about a G5 beating a decent P5.

For any rule there are exceptions, out of hundreds maybe thousands of games, only a couple came close and one beat a bad team? I think that makes my point.

N/A

Blog Entries

I said a good P5 team. Florida lost 8 games that year.
    People don't remember that.

Which must mean you're not people.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

For any rule there are exceptions, out of hundreds maybe thousands of games, only a couple came close and one beat a bad team? I think that makes my point.
    No it doesn't. Very few teams run the triple option out of the flexbone. It's interesting that all the programs running it are pretty successful. Navy (having a rough season but history is in their favor), Army, Georgia Southern, and Georgia Tech. When you cannot recruit the talent other schools can, the triple option neutralizes the talent descrepency.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    No it doesn't. Very few teams run the triple option out of the flexbone. It's interesting that all the programs running it are pretty successful. Navy (having a rough season but history is in their favor), Army, Georgia Southern, and Georgia Tech. When you cannot recruit the talent other schools can, the triple option neutralizes the talent descrepency.
    I hear you, I just disagree, and glad we don't run it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4