_ _ _ _

Thread: App State Game Week

Default App State Game Week

Big game coming up this week

Something tells me Coach Napier will have extra motivation this week

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mAycXbA2ZhE

https://www.wataugademocrat.com/spor...bfc59a5c6.html

Default Re: App State Game Week

Should be a good one, looking forward to meeting fellow RP's. Dress warm and there is the possibility of rain. Will get cold as soon as the sun sets. Normally, App.State allows fans on the field after the game to meet players and coaches from both teams. Don't know, but I hope, if that will be the case for this game or not.

Blog Entries

Well because of that memorable event Coach Napier will always take the blame himself for bad plays or losses.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Well because of that memorable event Coach Napier will always take the blame himself for bad plays or losses.
    I'm not sure if that is the case (hope it's not), but i would guess this week is personal for him

We really need a good showing this week. App State was a nemesis for Hud and we never played well against them . I think Napier will have the team ready

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I'm not sure if that is the case (hope it's not), but i would guess this week is personal for him

We really need a good showing this week. App State was a nemesis for Hud and we never played well against them . I think Napier will have the team ready
    Might also be catching them at a good time. They have a huge game the following Thursday against GA Southern

Since the chances of our defense stopping them is almost nil, we really need to grind it out with the running game, throwing when we absolutely have to, and eating up clock to keep their possessions to an absolute minium.

Having said that, their defense held Arky State to just 117 yards rushing. This is going to be a really tough one. They've owned us like we've owned Texas State.

Appalachian State's 16-15 victory over the Paladins on Oct. 12, 2002, is still one of the most memorable victories, playoffs or otherwise, at The Rock.

It was 10 years ago this season when ASU defensive end Josh Jeffries intercepted a Billy Napier two-point conversion pass, ran 12 yards with the ball, and then pitched it to speedy cornerback Derrick Black.

Black outraced the Furman offense to the goal line, giving the Mountaineers a defensive two-point conversion, and a 16-15 lead that would stand.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

Don't forget, the game is played at 3333 ft above sea level..depth and condition will matter. But, it will be the first fall weather game for UL, so that should put a pep in their step.

What time is kick off?

330p eastern

2:30 PM CDT

1:30 PM MDT

12:30 on the left coast

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post