_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt Championship Game

UL Football Sunbelt Championship Game

I know it's early, but I believe UL will be representing the West division in the inaugural Championship game to be played Dec. 1st. I believe Ark State was picked preseason but they have not been as good as predicted. Coach Napier has found a running game. And the starting defense have played well enough. Each week they have improved. Everyone predicted the Cajuns would go 6-6 at best this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we finish the season 7-5 or better.

So where is the game going to be played? I can't find that info anywhere on the Sunbelt site.

From the SunbeltSports.org site.

"The Sun Belt Conference will conduct its inaugural Football Championship Game on December 1, 2018 and the game will air on ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2. The game will feature the winners of the Sun Belt's two divisions and will take place at the home site of the Divisional Champion with the best overall conference winning percentage.
    Sun Belt Commissioner Karl Benson expressed his enthusiasm by saying, "We are very excited going forward in football. Having our championship game this year only increases what we already have going. The footprint of this league was done to ensure long-term success and sustainability, and with the membership structure we now have in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas, that footprint is set up for even more success."

Default Re: Sunbelt Championship Game

"The Sun Belt Conference will conduct its inaugural Football Championship Game on December 1, 2018 and the game will air on ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2. The game will feature the winners of the Sun Belt's two divisions and will take place at the home site of the Divisional Champion with the best overall conference winning percentage."
    https://sunbeltsports.org/sports/201...-fb-champ.aspx

On campus site of the division winner with best record...

The game is hosted by the team with the best record.....so it will be in Boone, NC.

I'm with you! Cajuns going to the SHIP! I lived in OKC for two years and became a pretty big Russell Westbrook fan, so to quote him...."Why Not?"

Could be us, troy, App, who knows...

Boone in December? Could be an ice bowl game..

App State plays at Cajun Field on 10/20 and they head back to Boone to play a Thursday night game versus Georgia Southern. If we beat App State, theirs a high chance of another let down versus Georgia Southern on a short week.

If that happens, we could see a December game in Cajun Field or South Carolina.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    App State plays at Cajun Field on 10/20 and they head back to Boone to play a Thursday night game versus Georgia Southern. If we beat App State, theirs a high chance of another let down versus Georgia Southern on a short week.

If that happens, we could see a December game in Cajun Field or South Carolina.
    We play at App State.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

App state: out scored opponents in their last 4 game by 206-32. Their only lost was to #9 Penn States to open their season in OT 38-45....Anyone can guess our score?

I know it is early, but I don't see us beating App St in Boone or Troy in Troy. So that would be 3 losses in SBC play. I know the West Division is bad, but damn. Ark St is going to start playing better and will still likely win the SBC West. We HAVE TO BEAT Ark St in Lafayette on Oct 27 if we want to win the west!

stAte Remaining Schedule
    vs GA St
    @ Louisiana
    vs S. Bama
    @ Coastal
    vs ULM
    @ TX St

They can easily go unbeaten the rest of the way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I know it is early, but I don't see us beating App St in Boone or Troy in Troy. So that would be 3 losses in SBC play. I know the West Division is bad, but damn. Ark St is going to start playing better and will still likely win the SBC West. We HAVE TO BEAT Ark St in Lafayette on Oct 27 if we want to win the west!

stAte Remaining Schedule
    vs GA St
    @ Louisiana
    vs S. Bama
    @ Coastal
    vs ULM
    @ TX St

They can easily go unbeaten the rest of the way!!!
    or they can lose 3 of those. i know Arky St fans don't have the same confidence in their team that you do. by the way they already have 2 conferences losses. if we beat them and both of us finish with 3 losses how is the tie breaker determined?

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Boone in December? Could be an ice bowl game..
    ...and we are built to win bad weather games.

Louisiana Pain Train is weather resistant.

This thread is like living in an alternate universe. I have to admit...it seems better.

Defense wins championships which we lack.

We have had our share of major injuries this year including Dillon on defense and Rogers on offense. I think but not sure, I heard Jay walker on Birdseye view saying App lost their starting RB. That might turn into a huge loss for them going forward and might increase our odds of victory. I am also looking to face any QB not named Lamb.
    That being said, we have to get on winning streak now to get to Championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    This thread is like living in an alternate universe. I have to admit...it seems better.
    You mean that one where Kirk is a maniac and Spock has a goatee??

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    You mean that one where Kirk is a maniac and Spock has a goatee??
    And from that episode on, anyone that sports a goatee, that previously did not, gets the prefix 'evil' in front of their name.

Had we not lost to freaking ccu we would be in the drivers seat! How sweet would that be

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Had we not lost to freaking ccu we would be in the drivers seat! How sweet would that be
    Ughhhhh that one hurts!!!

i thought thread originator was arguing with himself, lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast