_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: App State vs Ark State

Default Re: App State vs Ark State

It boggles my mind that 5 games into a season, after having been on the job since Dec of last year, inheriting a program coming off NCAA sanctions, and inheriting a team that had literally QUIT on the last coaching staff, anyone would seriously question this coaching staff's abilities. Everyone has the right to do so, it just embarrasses me to see a fellow Cajun fan do so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    It boggles my mind that 5 games into a season, after having been on the job since Dec of last year, inheriting a program coming off NCAA sanctions, and inheriting a team that had literally QUIT on the last coaching staff, anyone would seriously question this coaching staff's abilities. Everyone has the right to do so, it just embarrasses me to see a fellow Cajun fan do so.
    CFan, we have tigerdropping fans (few) that are loud and cry.. I accept them along with all others. Rome was not built in a day but we have fans that act like we are in the SEC and been beating Bama for years. I dare we not have a perfect record just coming off probation.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    CFan, we have tigerdropping fans (few) that are loud and cry.. I accept them along with all others. Rome was not built in a day but we have fans that act like we are in the SEC and been beating Bama for years. I dare we not have a perfect record just coming off probation.
    I didn't even toss in the fact that we also played two ranked P-5's in the process, one being the No. 1 team in the nation, but hey, we lost to Coastal so all's a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Help me with this Lannister:

How can one FAIL to identify talent then COACH UP the talent to which one has failed to identify?
    We did not recruit many football players & the ones that we did get to campus did not get better under Hudspeth

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We did not recruit many football players & the ones that we did get to campus did not get better under Hudspeth
    And now, 5 games in, you expect these players who are not football players and did not get better under HUD to now shine under the current coaching staff? 🤔

That's a really kind of special.

Blog Entries

And now, 5 games in, you expect these players who are not football players and did not get better under HUD to now shine under the current coaching staff? 🤔

You just proposed a riddle wrapped around a Maze.. Well done!! If I could, I would green dot your ASZ

RcL8 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    You just proposed a riddle wrapped around a Maze.. Well done!! If I could, I would green dot your ASZ
    Black dot that sum_____

Not shine but at least be at the right place and communicate with each other majority of the time would be nice .

We also paid this staff a lot of money to clean up mistakes and coach up players better than the previous staff.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    IMO, I don't think we are significantly less talented than Ark. State after watching them this season. I think they have more talent at several positions that make them a difficult match-up for the Cajuns.

They have a good QB with a strong arm and a pair of good transfers at the WR position. Outside of QB, they are not more talented than the Cajuns at any other offensive position.

On defense, they have a good NT but are giving up over 200 yards a game on the ground. They have more speed at LB and Safety, which again means they can get to the ball quickly on defense. But they miss a ton of tackles and are vulnerable to cut backs because they are overly aggressive at times with stunts.

Astate will be a difficult match-up for us because if we sit back and play zone all night Hansen will pick us apart. If the Cajuns get pressure on him, he is athletic enough to hurt us with his legs. If we man the WRs, he will kill us down the field.

The formula for UL is no different for AState as it is for NMSU. We will need to run the ball to shorten the game and move the chains. The play action game will be big as they commit to stop the run. Play solid defense, keep everything in front of us and don't give them big plays or let them beat us down the field.

That is who we are at this time and the margin for error is very small since we are not going to be more talented than most of our opponents this season.
    I believe they have more speed than us across the board, but significantly more on defense.

Not shine but at least be at the right place and communicate with each other majority of the time would be nice .

We also paid this staff a lot of money to clean up mistakes and coach up players better than the previous staff.
    I definitely respect you continuing to fight for your opinion. However, if it was a prize fight, it would've been stopped 2 rounds ago. ... kids got heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I definitely respect you continuing to fight for your opinion. However, if it was a prize fight, it would've been stopped 2 rounds ago. ... kids got heart.
    Unpopular opinions don't settle well with the hive mind mentality

Unpopular opinions don't settle well with the hive mind mentality
    Same could be said about wrong opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    Black dot that sum_____
    I suggested to Turbine that we needed a black dot special on this board.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    UL will hit Boone on a 2 game win streak, App has almost 2 weeks to get ready. Cajuns run game controls the clock, Napier gets his first signature conference win...Cajuns hold on to win by 2
    Hopeful Mega Ditto my Brother!

Im sorry I was mistaken our LB play perfectly and backside contains 100% of the time & DBs communicates with our safeties in zone. WRs run flawless routes again forgive me for being wrong

Im sorry I was mistaken our LB play perfectly and backside contains 100% of the time & DBs communicates with our safeties in zone. WRs run flawless routes forgive me for being wrong
    I would say the communication errors in the defensive secondary would be my biggest disappointment of this season so far.

Having said that, I also expected it.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It is hard to teach bad football players how to be good football players, regardless of how good the coaching is.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    It is hard to teach bad football players how to be good football players, regardless of how good the coaching is.
    Told our mutual buddy yesterday, you can teach sound fundamentals to a guy with natural ability and a guy with no ability at all. The guy with natural ability, receiving the same great coaching, will always be light years ahead.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Told our mutual buddy yesterday, you can teach sound fundamentals to a guy with natural ability and a guy with no ability at all. The guy with natural ability, receiving the same great coaching, will always be light years ahead.
    It's is a sad reality. You can get over some limitations but talent cannot be taught. In the heat of the moment, we all tend to fall back on what is/was comfortable. That is even with elite athletes. Tim Tebow worked on his throwing motion for a year and as soon as he was thrown into the heat, his new motion went away.

This was never going to be a quick rebuild. I see our coaches using a lot of band aids right now. If we still see the same results in 4 years, we can revisit these issues but for now I am enjoying the process.

who says its wrong?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast