_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: App State vs Ark State

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    App State looks a lot better after the 1st qtr. QB just ran for 62 yards for a TD. Our QBs could have done that all night vs Texas State but always handed off even if the runner was stuffed while the outside was wide open for a keeper.
    Nunez can't run out of sight in a week....

Default Re: App State vs Ark State

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Not really they are just coached extremely well and exacute their assignments flawlessly
    How many on our defense would start for them?

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    How many on our defense would start for them?
    Hard to say since the majority of App stating defense are mid to low rated guys that have been coached up to their max potential. Their recruiting class has been at the bottom half of the sunbelt almost every year. It's not like they are getting top 50 classes and 4 star guys it's all comes down to coaching.

Hard to say since the majority of App stating defense are mid to low rated guys that have been coached up to their max potential. Their recruiting class has been at the bottom half of the sunbelt almost every year. It's not like they are getting top 50 classes and 4 star guys it's all comes down to coaching.
    I will go with 2, 3 tops. Most of our guys would not have started on our previous two teams. We do not have a coaching problem.

I will go with 2, 3 tops. Most of our guys would not have started on our previous two teams. We do not have a coaching problem.
    I disagree

I disagree
    With which point?

I disagree
    Wow! You can make that assessment 5 games into this staff's tenure? My goodness!

With which point?
    Coaching we are not a fundamentally sound team and that has nothing to do with talent.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Wow! You can make that assessment 5 games into this staff's tenure? My goodness!
    We are halfway through the season, and there has not been much improvement on either side of the ball in fact we have regressed on offense ...... It's very concerning

Blog Entries

I disagree
    Before you disagree (to late) don't forget to take into account how many years the App State defensive players have been in their system.

Compare that to 5 games for UL players before you call it a coaching problem.

jmo

Coaching we are not a fundamentally sound team and that has nothing to do with talent.
    Lol!! Ok. You will see our how sound our fundamentals are against the dregs of the SBC and how "undisciplined" we are against the good teams. Hell, I have to watch Holy Cross Hs every weekend and They were fundamentally sound against their first 3 opponents and now they can't block our cover anymore now that they are playing talented teams. The fans are predictably blaming the coaches.

Lol!! Ok. You will see our how sound our fundamentals are against the dregs of the SBC and how "undisciplined" we are against the good teams. Hell, I have to watch Holy Cross Hs every weekend and They were fundamentally sound against their first 3 opponents and now they can't block our cover anymore now that they are playing talented teams. The fans are predictably blaming the coaches.
    Being beat vs. playing assignment football is two different things. Take Bently vs. Blackman a few years ago Bently played very well with good fundamentals and was just beat by a generational talent, and I was fine with that. I just want our players to be in the right place every play and to play with technique which has not been the case.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And there's about 15k there for the two "best" teams in the league
    This is not 1988 where the whole country is watching ESPN Thursday night college football.

Today, mid-week games are just background noise at best in the sports world. They are a net negative for your program.

Imagine what crowd they would have had on a Saturday afternoon for that game. Playing last night probably cost them 10k in attendance.

Mid-week games are now one of the worst things happening to college football.

I've, unfortunately, watched a lot of sunbelt football this year. With the exception of Troy's first half against ULM, the Cajuns played the best half of football I've seen this far, from any other team. Albeit against Texas St, if was flawless football. Keep in mind, our offensive line has been a major weak spot for our team the last 3 years. From what I've seen, they might be the best unit on the entire team. Watch technique from last season and compare to this year. Put aside results and just pay attention to footwork, run/pass block leverage and zone blocking responsibilities. That's coaching.

Nunez has major holes in his game, but if you look at his stats, it tells me the staff is doing a decent job hiding his deficiencies.

The defensive line has gotten better each game, that is indisputable.

The use of the wide receiver corps actually makes sense this year. We've made a real effort to get the tightened involved. We've stretched the field (or at least you can see it in the gameplan) vertically and laterally.

Special teams is marketedly better from the beginning of the season and going back to last year.

These things tell me coaching is much better.

Now, we have discipline issues on defense and punt coverage. It's not all perfect, obviously. But you have to keep in mind, serval new, young and walkon players are common in both those units.

Just what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    This is not 1988 where the whole country is watching ESPN Thursday night college football.

Today, mid-week games are just background noise at best in the sports world. They are a net negative for your program.

Imagine what crowd they would have had on a Saturday afternoon for that game. Playing last night probably cost them 10k in attendance.

It's hurting football in general, there is now football on Monday, Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday all season between NCAA and nfl and at some points during the season it's on 7 days a week.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

Unfortunately the SBC Tuesday game has been paired against MLB playoffs including our games in the past. Not exactly a recipe for people coming out on a school night. MLB playoffs on TV or going to a lower level FBS game. Humm? Sounds like an easy choice. Also happens for our SBC ESPNIII basketball exposure. Happens vs NFL playoffs.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

App state will crush our face in with a coach that gets paid half of what ours makes
    What exactly are ya saying? We could get a great coach for what App is paying? Rest assured they will pay a lot more for their next coach.

Maybe ya saying we bought a defective product? I'm thinking he sold himself cheaply. A school known as a coach graveyard coming off serious NCAA violations, still way under scholarshiped and last to the recruiting season. Yeah I'm not buying you're concerns yet. I'm still very optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I've, unfortunately, watched a lot of sunbelt football this year. With the exception of Troy's first half against ULM, the Cajuns played the best half of football I've seen this far, from any other team. Albeit against Texas St, if was flawless football. Keep in mind, our offensive line has been a major weak spot for our team the last 3 years. From what I've seen, they might be the best unit on the entire team. Watch technique from last season and compare to this year. Put aside results and just pay attention to footwork, run/pass block leverage and zone blocking responsibilities. That's coaching.

Nunez has major holes in his game, but if you look at his stats, it tells me the staff is doing a decent job hiding his deficiencies.

The defensive line has gotten better each game, that is indisputable.

The use of the wide receiver corps actually makes sense this year. We've made a real effort to get the tightened involved. We've stretched the field (or at least you can see it in the gameplan) vertically and laterally.

Special teams is marketedly better from the beginning of the season and going back to last year.

These things tell me coaching is much better.

Now, we have discipline issues on defense and punt coverage. It's not all perfect, obviously. But you have to keep in mind, serval new, young and walkon players are common in both those units.

Just what I see.
    Much of what you are stating is not true according to Cajun_Lannister, our resident coaching expert.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What exactly are ya saying? We could get a great coach for what App is paying? Rest assured they will pay a lot more for their next coach.

Maybe ya saying we bought a defective product? I'm thinking he sold himself cheaply. A school known as a coach graveyard coming off serious NCAA violations, still way under scholarshiped and last to the recruiting season. Yeah I'm not buying you're concerns yet. I'm still very optimistic.
    They are getting a great ROI while we spent 5 million for 2 bowl wins and 125 ranking

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Much of what you are stating is not true according to Cajun_Lannister, our resident coaching expert.
    I had someone ask me this weekend if hudspeth was still the coach because it looked like the same product and I had to agree with him.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast