_ _ _ _
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Results 121 to 132 of 132

Thread: App State vs Ark State

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,684

    Default Re: App State vs Ark State

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Question, exactly where have you and Lannister coached?
    Never coached but I do pay a portion of his salary therefore I have a right to be critical.

  2. #122
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,376

    Default Re: App State vs Ark State

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Ok but I'm not sure how abandoning things that were working earlier, particularly against better competition, and going to jumpballs and such which we just aren't that good at is a positive adjustment. Why change something if its working for something that isn't? We were using playaction passes very well after we established the run earlier. I've seen very little of this recently. Those types of things don't make sense to me.
    ......Well for one thing they aren't jump balls....they are in one on one situations where
    The defensive guy is at a huge disadvantage......his first responsibility is to stop a TD and to do this he has to interfere with the WR at times....but he doesn't know if the ball is long at the WR or back shoulder short....also a lot of the WRs have a huge height advantage......and one other point——-why does everybody run it? it works!

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Ok but I'm not sure how abandoning things that were working earlier, particularly against better competition, and going to jumpballs and such which we just aren't that good at is a positive adjustment. Why change something if its working for something that isn't? We were using playaction passes very well after we established the run earlier. I've seen very little of this recently. Those types of things don't make sense to me.
    Without rewatching anything, just thinking maybe defenses weren't respecting the fake as much. Idk for sure. I do agree it seems like we've done less PA and RPOs.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,553

    Default Re: App State vs Ark State

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......Well for one thing they aren't jump balls....they are in one on one situations where
    The defensive guy is at a huge disadvantage......his first responsibility is to stop a TD and to do this he has to interfere with the WR at times....but he doesn't know if the ball is long at the WR or back shoulder short....also a lot of the WRs have a huge height advantage......and one other point——-why does everybody run it? it works!
    But Boomer, how many of those are we winning? Texas State defended it very well.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,553

    Default Re: App State vs Ark State

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Question, exactly where have you and Lannister coached?
    Where has anybody that posts here coached?

  6. #126
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Where has anybody that posts here coached?
    Boomer did coach so he has some insight.

  7. #127
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......Well for one thing they aren't jump balls....they are in one on one situations where
    The defensive guy is at a huge disadvantage......his first responsibility is to stop a TD and to do this he has to interfere with the WR at times....but he doesn't know if the ball is long at the WR or back shoulder short....also a lot of the WRs have a huge height advantage......and one other point——-why does everybody run it? it works!
    Hey, I understood that without even trying.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Where has anybody that posts here coached?
    Basin Bear and a few others I suspect...

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: App State vs Ark State

    The 'jump ball' throws are common place in every offense. It is to take advantage of one-on-one matchups.

    The difference I see this year is the execution. The key to these plays are the receiver & QB reading the coverage the same way. Is it going to be a back shoulder, fade or over the top throw? To my eyes, our QBs and WRs have been in sync a whole lot mor7than in the past.


  10. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: App State vs Ark State

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Never coached but I do pay a portion of his salary therefore I have a right to be critical.
    Payment or not, every fan has right to their opinion. No doubt in my mind, Lannister wants our Cajuns to be successful as much as anyone else who has posted on here.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,932

    Default Re: App State vs Ark State

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Never coached but I do pay a portion of his salary therefore I have a right to be critical.
    Paying a portion of the coaches salary is a pretty lame justification. Man, you are a fan and fans should be able to post whatever the hell they want. Go get' Lanny.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: App State vs Ark State

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Where has anybody that posts here coached?
    I haven't looked over the 100+ posts on this thread but over the years there have been several dozen "coaches" debate and contribute to RP

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •