_ _ _ _
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: App State vs Ark State

Default Re: App State vs Ark State

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Question, exactly where have you and Lannister coached?
    Never coached but I do pay a portion of his salary therefore I have a right to be critical.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Ok but I'm not sure how abandoning things that were working earlier, particularly against better competition, and going to jumpballs and such which we just aren't that good at is a positive adjustment. Why change something if its working for something that isn't? We were using playaction passes very well after we established the run earlier. I've seen very little of this recently. Those types of things don't make sense to me.
    ......Well for one thing they aren't jump balls....they are in one on one situations where
    The defensive guy is at a huge disadvantage......his first responsibility is to stop a TD and to do this he has to interfere with the WR at times....but he doesn't know if the ball is long at the WR or back shoulder short....also a lot of the WRs have a huge height advantage......and one other point——-why does everybody run it? it works!

Ok but I'm not sure how abandoning things that were working earlier, particularly against better competition, and going to jumpballs and such which we just aren't that good at is a positive adjustment. Why change something if its working for something that isn't? We were using playaction passes very well after we established the run earlier. I've seen very little of this recently. Those types of things don't make sense to me.
    Without rewatching anything, just thinking maybe defenses weren't respecting the fake as much. Idk for sure. I do agree it seems like we've done less PA and RPOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......Well for one thing they aren't jump balls....they are in one on one situations where
    The defensive guy is at a huge disadvantage......his first responsibility is to stop a TD and to do this he has to interfere with the WR at times....but he doesn't know if the ball is long at the WR or back shoulder short....also a lot of the WRs have a huge height advantage......and one other point——-why does everybody run it? it works!
    But Boomer, how many of those are we winning? Texas State defended it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Question, exactly where have you and Lannister coached?
    Where has anybody that posts here coached?

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Boomer did coach so he has some insight.

DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Hey, I understood that without even trying.

Basin Bear and a few others I suspect...

The 'jump ball' throws are common place in every offense. It is to take advantage of one-on-one matchups.

The difference I see this year is the execution. The key to these plays are the receiver & QB reading the coverage the same way. Is it going to be a back shoulder, fade or over the top throw? To my eyes, our QBs and WRs have been in sync a whole lot mor7than in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Never coached but I do pay a portion of his salary therefore I have a right to be critical.
    Payment or not, every fan has right to their opinion. No doubt in my mind, Lannister wants our Cajuns to be successful as much as anyone else who has posted on here.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Paying a portion of the coaches salary is a pretty lame justification. Man, you are a fan and fans should be able to post whatever the hell they want. Go get' Lanny.

Blog Entries

I haven't looked over the 100+ posts on this thread but over the years there have been several dozen "coaches" debate and contribute to RP

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7