_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OT: aTm

Default Re: OT: aTm

"Just to be clear. I won't get into whether a university employee should ever do anything like this to a student (he shouldn't!"
    of course most on here defended florida softball coach contacting an opposing player, so maybe you dont defend football at all cost, you defend sec?

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    do i need a seperate thread to adress the other allegations?

as far as abuse.... would it be fair to liken it to sitting in a bar watching game wearing a helmet, and another patron came up to you and did that to you? if not abuse, you may have a case for assault? the point is football coaches seem to "get away with" things other coaches cant, thus the title ix complaints may be fair, and more importantly they get away with things other people cant do either.
    OK. Who's Title IX complaints? Again, I think it would be proven that grabbing the facemask is not physical abuse. Personally, I think that word is an injustice to all those kids, wives and others who are in truly abusive relationships and deal with a hell of a lot more than what that player dealt with, particularly since he even came out and said it was nothing. Like I said, we are all over the place here. What separate allegations are you alluding to? Are you talking about Fisher or going off in regards to other college football coaches?

Millennials.

then what about the sexual abuse they continue to cover up at that school?

seems systemic, and the media seems to be doing s good job of keeping it quiet. (maybe bevause they are sec?)

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texa...-brand-justice

bobby knight got fired for grabbing someone by the arm....... ???

"He grabbed me by the arm and just started saying stuff, which I got scared I wasn't really listening to him very well because I was just so caught up into how he got a handle on me," said Harvey, who admitted he did not recall actually hearing Knight curse at him. "I don't remember but my friend says he heard the F-word a couple of times."

Knight held a news conference Friday to explain his side of the story.

"This kid looks at me and says 'Hi, Knight,'" Knight recounted. "And as he's moving I put my hand on the inside of his elbow and I looked at him and I said "Son, my name isn't Knight for you, it's Coach Knight or Mr. Knight."

do i need a seperate thread to adress the other allegations?

as far as abuse.... would it be fair to liken it to sitting in a bar watching game wearing a helmet, and another patron came up to you and did that to you? if not abuse, you may have a case for assault? the point is football coaches seem to "get away with" things other coaches cant, thus the title ix complaints may be fair, and more importantly they get away with things other people cant do either.
    Or how about being on a football field and instead of 15 yards you get arrested for assault after a face mask penalty 🙄 go play with dolls bruh. The Texas A&M football player didn't file a complaint with HR..the person Lotief touched did.

They changed the rules," Romere said. "That's when we realized just how deep this culture of victim abuse ran at A&M. It wasn't just that they let him off, because even after we appealed it they did everything in their power to protect this kid to the determent of me and the other victim. We felt violated again by the university. I still get mad just thinking about it."

http://www.fox4news.com/news/as-texa...nus-speaks-out

bobby knight got fired for grabbing someone by the arm....... ???

"He grabbed me by the arm and just started saying stuff, which I got scared I wasn't really listening to him very well because I was just so caught up into how he got a handle on me," said Harvey, who admitted he did not recall actually hearing Knight curse at him. "I don't remember but my friend says he heard the F-word a couple of times."

Knight held a news conference Friday to explain his side of the story.

"This kid looks at me and says 'Hi, Knight,'" Knight recounted. "And as he's moving I put my hand on the inside of his elbow and I looked at him and I said "Son, my name isn't Knight for you, it's Coach Knight or Mr. Knight."
    TROLLING.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    TROLLING.
    and again rp rather defeats itself than solve issues and hold others accountable....

see the six pages debating if we scored on second string or eighth sting in bama game.... (didnt see them saying bama had same subs in against ole miss). bama on other hand probably cites our 200 yards rushing as proof that their schedule is not filled with cupcakes, and they shouldnt be left out of playoff based on weak strength of schedule.

If you can't handle a football coach grabbing you by the face mask or shoulder pads to get your attention, then you don't need to be on a football field.

Also, Bobby Knight should have never been fired.

Lotief appears to have had other issues than just one incident of shoving a co-worker.

and again rp rather defeats itself than solve issues and hold others accountable....

see the six pages debating if we scored on second string or eighth sting in bama game.... (didnt see them saying bama had same subs in against ole miss). bama on other hand probably cites our 200 yards rushing as proof that their schedule is not filled with cupcakes, and they shouldnt be left out of playoff based on weak strength of schedule.
    Damn, you are one strange fella.......Or gal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    If you can't handle a football coach grabbing you by the face mask or shoulder pads to get your attention, then you don't need to be on a football field.

Also, Bobby Knight should have never been fired.

Lotief appears to have had other issues than just one incident of shoving a co-worker.
    thats all i was trying to figure out. consistent treatment. i agree knight shouldnt have been fired. thank you. so bottom line is there is not consitant treatment.

so now will we look into the sexual abuse alleged cover ups also at texas am? if i recall you were one of the biggest proponents of ensuring we got to the bottom of the baylor case(s)? and rightfully so! so how are these aTm cases different and not as important?

Your thread started off asking about Jimbo Fisher and his "abuse" of grabbing a player by the face mask.

Yes, A&M should get to the bottom of the sexual assault allegations, but it appears the complaints have nothing to do with Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Your thread started off asking about Jimbo Fisher and his "abuse" of grabbing a player by the face mask.

Yes, A&M should get to the bottom of the sexual assault allegations, but it appears the complaints have nothing to do with Fisher.
    fair enough

this seems to involve jimbo.....
    (or woodward?)

at least they are not hiding it this time...

https://www.theeagle.com/aggie_sport...ca765035c.html

then what about the sexual abuse they continue to cover up at that school?

seems systemic, and the media seems to be doing s good job of keeping it quiet. (maybe bevause they are sec?)

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texa...-brand-justice
    What happened with those sexual abuse claims? Were they ever prosecuted? I ask this seriously because as a university, what are you to do when you have two sides with different stories? You let the judicial system take control of the situation and determine if there was proof of abuse. If the defendant is found guilty, you don't have to worry about what they do with them as they will be locked up. What is the school to do until then? This is a role of the police and prosecutors. You guys want to always put blame on someone else rather than the people that are committing the acts.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    What happened with those sexual abuse claims? Were they ever prosecuted? I ask this seriously because as a university, what are you to do when you have two sides with different stories? You let the judicial system take control of the situation and determine if there was proof of abuse. If the defendant is found guilty, you don't have to worry about what they do with them as they will be locked up. What is the school to do until then? This is a role of the police and prosecutors. You guys want to always put blame on someone else rather than the people that are committing the acts.
    agreed. is that the same exact amount of attention that was paid to baylor? how have those cases turned out?

Tampons....aisle 5

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Tampons....aisle 5
    You can walk, you can run, you can swim, you can hike . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I must have missed something. We are all over the place here. I just asked how what he did was actual abuse?
    a couple cases in news recently, much less than has previously been defended as not abuse is labeled abuse by majority of folks including legal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast