_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OT: aTm

Default OT: aTm

???

any coverage of their coach's alleged abuse, or has it been swept under the rug yet?

Default Re: OT: aTm

odd this came up instead of articles about fisher...

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...lt-allegations

i hadnt heard about this either....seems a tad bit less coverage than baylor...

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Ir...amp-M-s/243676

different coverage because of conference or did they go after baylor because they are christian?

mystery solved: another one of dr emmert's boyz?

Woodward served as Vice Chancellor of External Affairs at Washington from 2004-2008, prior to his appointment as Director of Athletics, a similar role to one he held at LSU from 2000-2004. Acting as the liaison between the university and government and corporate officials, he advised then-Chancellor Mark Emmert on policy and government appropriations. As with his tenure in External Affairs at Washington, Woodward helped lead LSU to unprecedented economic growth, paving the way for the University's move from a Tier II to Tier I research institution.

At LSU, Woodward also served as the Chancellor's representative to the athletics department. During his time with the Tigers, the institution's intercollegiate athletic teams won 10 NCAA national championships, including one in football in 2003.

After serving as a political consultant and legislative liaison in Baton Rouge, Woodward founded a government and public relations firm in the mid-1990s, providing strategic policy direction to Fortune 500 corporations, including clients in the education, insurance and oil industries. He also worked on behalf of the Louisiana Nature Conservancy and the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts, as well as served on the Board of Directors of the Baton Rouge Food Bank.

Woodward earned a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from LSU in 1985. He is married to Nanette Dicharry and has two adult sons, Michael and Josh Evans.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    ???

any coverage of their coach's alleged abuse, or has it been swept under the rug yet?
    If you're referring to Fisher grabbing the kids face mask and yelling at him it was blown way out of proportion. He was about to get into an altercation with the other team. It really was no big deal. ESPN blew it up and I'm sure they were told to drop it.

You are correct and the kid had no issue with it. I have seen this a hundred times before and nothing was ever said about it before. He was only trying to get the kid's attention.

To the others: Nothing to see here gang, move along now.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If you're referring to Fisher grabbing the kids face mask and yelling at him it was blown way out of proportion. He was about to get into an altercation with the other team. It really was no big deal. ESPN blew it up and I'm sure they were told to drop it.

but how is that not physical abuse? but glad you admit the narrative exists!.... told by whom is the billion dollar question!?

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

but how is that not physical abuse? but glad you admit the narrative exists!.... told by whom is the billion dollar question!?
    If you think that's physical abuse then I don't know what to say. But yes espn tried to go all SJW on the topic and it was promptly let go.

No way that is physical abuse! At worst it's a grabbing the face mask penalty! 😱

seems like it would hurt more than a finger touching my shoulder?

now to round two, why radio silence on these other events? where are all those advocates that were here during the baylor case?

it might be pertinent, which years was glasco at the aTm?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    No way that is physical abuse! At worst it's a grabbing the face mask penalty! 😱
    31Ragin97 must be a young buck. Or I totally missed his sarcasm. I had a coach who use to wack us with a broom stick and literally kick us in the rear when we screwed up.

Had a baseball coach who hit us with baseballs in the batters box, on porpose. A basketball coach who made us practice taking charges and slapped us with the straw end of a broom while shooting. All would be considered abuse by today's standard.

Yes. This has been blown way out of proportion.

The better question is how IS it physical abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The better question is how IS it physical abuse?
    i agree, that i actually loved playing for the coaches thst everyone hated. but i also wager having facemask grabbed hurts way more than a poke in the shoulder.....And in terms of equal treatment it doesnt seem like it is happening, if aTm or bama or michigan or whomever espn deems in fashion that day, does something, then there is nothing to see here. but if we do it or monroe, or tulane or a big 12 or pac 12 team, then stand by to stand by.

(not to mention why are sec coaches ALWYS on the field? if he isnt illegally on the field he doesnt grab him. were they in bama game, i didnt watch but i have seen pictures of saban on field during live ball and it not called in numerous other games)

meanwhile, i previously said moving on, why are the sexual abuse issues/cover up ignored? quite the different view back when baylor was being investigated.

i agree, that i actually loved playing for the coaches thst everyone hated. but i also wager having facemask grabbed hurts way more than a poke in the shoulder.....And in terms of equal treatment it doesnt seem like it is happening, if aTm or bama or michigan or whomever espn deems in fashion that day, does something, then there is nothing to see here. but if we do it or monroe, or tulane or a big 12 or pac 12 team, then stand by to stand by.

(not to mention why are sec coaches ALWYS on the field? if he isnt illegally on the field he doesnt grab him. were they in bama game, i didnt watch but i have seen pictures of saban on field during live ball and it not called in numerous other games)

meanwhile, i previously said moving on, why are the sexual abuse issues/cover up ignored? quite the different view back when baylor was being investigated.
    I must have missed something. We are all over the place here. I just asked how what he did was actual abuse?

I must have missed something. We are all over the place here. I just asked how what he did was actual abuse?
    Don't bother.

do i need a seperate thread to adress the other allegations?

as far as abuse.... would it be fair to liken it to sitting in a bar watching game wearing a helmet, and another patron came up to you and did that to you? if not abuse, you may have a case for assault? the point is football coaches seem to "get away with" things other coaches cant, thus the title ix complaints may be fair, and more importantly they get away with things other people cant do either.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast