_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Fund Raising Project-Suits

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Basketball Fund Raising Project-Suits

Many of you have heard Coach Napier mention that the recent purchase of professional suits for the football team will be of benefit in many ways. As such, an initiative has just begun to provide the same for the men's basketball team. Some of the positives from this effort can include providing players a professional look when they go on job interviews, representing the university in a favorable fashion when they go on speaking engagements at places like local schools or charities, and gaining respect when properly dressed on road trips. Cost per suit is somewhere in the 300 dollar range. Of course it may be more for some of the larger guys on the team. Note all contributions, no matter how small will be accepted. If you would like to contribute to this effort, see below for information on how to do so.

Checks-Make them out to the UL Rebounders Club
    Footnote-Simply place a comment in the Remarks section saying "Suits Project"
    Address-Send checks to the following;

Department of Athletics
    537 CajunDome Blvd., Suite 239
    Lafayette, LA 70506.

If you have further questions on this initiative, please send me a private message on this forum and I will attempt to answer it. If I cannot answer the question, I will put you in touch with Nico Yankto who is one of the administrators taking a lead on the project. He likely will be able to address any concerns you may have.

Default Re: Basketball Fund Raising Project-Suits

I forgot to mention that any contributions to this project are tax deductible. Also, you will be given RCAF credit for any donations made here. Speaking of the RCAF, I have learned that you will soon likely be given credit for any donations you make to the support groups equal to the your annual fund contributions. New process will likely go into effect July 1, 2019.

Also, if you are considering participating in this project, send me a private message. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Also, if you are considering participating in this project, send me a private message. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    Message sent

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Message sent
    Response sent.

Update; 2nd private message on this matter sent to you as well. Please respond when you get a chance. Thanks again for considering participating in the effort.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ditto.

I would prefer to donate online, is there a way to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    That is being looked into. Send me a private message and i will forward you contact info of someone looking into this more

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I just sent you a private message regarding the online donation option. I don't think it is set up yet but I sent you contact info for the person looking into it. Update; I sent you a second private message on this matter. Please respond when you get the time. Thanks again for considering participation in the effort.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They'll be "Sharp Dressed Man".

Clean shirt, new shoes
    And I don't know where I am goin' to
    Silk suit, black tie,

Here is an update on the basketball "suits" project-

We are well over halfway towards raising the funds we need to purchase a suit for every player. This includes donations already received and commitments made. Some of the contributors are people who read this forum every day, never post, and wish to remain anonymous. The team shouts out a big thank you to all those people.

With one final push we are confident we can conclude the project successfully. There is still time to participate if you like. If so, please send me a private message so as we can discuss further. In the event you know someone who may be interested in this, please send me their info and I can have an administrator contact them to tell them more about this and other initiatives underway in athletics.

We are proposing that folks who have not been rebounders in the past and contribute 200 dollars or more to the suits effort be considered members this coming year. That will allow them to attend any meeting they would like to this coming season and get newsletters which provide updates as to what is going on with men's basketball. I am confident this will be approved soon.

Ideally, the guys can have their suits prior to the RCAF basketball pre-season social which occurs in late October every year. Perhaps they could wear them to that event. Not sure if that can be pulled off but it is a possibility.

Finally, a local business is giving a discount to us for this project. Name of the business is "Suits Up". They are one of the sponsors for Scott Prather's show on KPEL. If you are considering purchasing a suit yourself, you may want to pay them a visit and see what they have to offer. If you do so, please thank them for helping us out here.

Thanks for the feedback Mike. Great to hear of the involvement by so many on here. It's a worthwhile project.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Mike. Great to hear of the involvement by so many on here. It's a worthwhile project.
    ...think that I had posted this before about our travel coats back when ....black pants, regimental black/red tie, red coat, choice of matching color shirt.....when I was really into the Beatles, I asked coach to get Nero suits to be different and cool.....my request was denied!!! Lol. Got to admit it would have been the only travel type garb in the country!!!

Blog Entries

Good work, Mike. You are a great fan to take on responsibilities such as this that SHOULD be handled by the coach, staff, or fundraisers within the program.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Good work, Mike. You are a great fan to take on responsibilities such as this that SHOULD be handled by the coach, staff, or fundraisers within the program.
    Actually I am working quite closely with athletic department personnel on this. My major role is simply to introduce them to people I suspect may want to get more involved. Appropriate people are doing heavy lifting here. Of course a few posts placed on this forum in order to keep you guys updated was also something I volunteered to do. In fact a university fund raiser is the one who asked me to help out. Thanks again for everyone's support.

Followup Update-A group of ex players has indicated they want to get involved here. That may put us over the top. Athletic Department personnel have indicated it is very rare for ex players to contribute financially back to their programs. So that is a big time development. I may share their names once their checks are received. Also, another anonymous member who reads the forum has said he will make up any shortfall to insure each player gets a suit. That may not be necessary. Guy who made this offer has been very generous in the past and I think it is better to have new folks involved.

RcL8 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Followup Update-A group of ex players has indicated they want to get involved here. That may put us over the top. Athletic Department personnel have indicated it is very rare for ex players to contribute financially back to their programs. So that is a big time development. I may share their names once their checks are received. Also, another anonymous member who reads the forum has said he will make up any shortfall to insure each player gets a suit. That may not be necessary. Guy who made this offer has been very generous in the past and I think it is better to have new folks involved.
    Mike,

I spoke with Brad earlier and he asked if it was ok to give you my number. I have some things going on this week but give me a shout on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    Mike,

I spoke with Brad earlier and he asked if it was ok to give you my number. I have some things going on this week but give me a shout on Thursday.
    Send me a private message with all of your contact info. I will call you on Thursday.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Send me a private message with all of your contact info. I will call you on Thursday.
    .....for the record I am not a coat and tie advocate,....too much of a hassle and uncomfortable for travel......I like a VERY cool warm up With under matching outside cover.....also warm loose fitting jacket for long cold travel!

DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....for the record I am not a coat and tie advocate,....too much of a hassle and uncomfortable for travel......I like a VERY cool warm up With under matching outside cover.....also warm loose fitting jacket for long cold travel!
    I think you were already on record on the football suit thread. Just saying.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast