_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Basketball Fund Raising Project-Suits

Default Re: Basketball Fund Raising Project-Suits

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....for the record I am not a coat and tie advocate,....too much of a hassle and uncomfortable for travel......I like a VERY cool warm up With under matching outside cover.....also warm loose fitting jacket for long cold travel!
    Luckily the athletic department doesn't need your approval for the suit and ties.....

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Luckily the athletic department doesn't need your approval for the suit and ties.....
    ...nor his sense of fashion...

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Here is an update on the basketball "suits" project-

We are well over halfway towards raising the funds we need to purchase a suit for every player. This includes donations already received and commitments made. Some of the contributors are people who read this forum every day, never post, and wish to remain anonymous. The team shouts out a big thank you to all those people.
    CajunsMike, is there any inside word that you may not be able to divulge names of donors or business that are stepping up to donate big bucks for the Men's and women's Basketball 🏀 training facilities?

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    CajunsMike, is there any inside word that you may not be able to divulge names of donors or business that are stepping up to donate big bucks for the Men's and women's Basketball 🏀 training facilities?
    Don't know anything about folks donating for improved basketball training facilities. I know that is a desire but I think that is a long ways off. Focusing only on the suits project for now. I also know that funds raised from a golf tournament will be used for help with travel and the purchase of home games.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    ...nor his sense of fashion...
    Then the whole team would have to wear those funny looking hats he sports around in.

.....for the record I am not a coat and tie advocate,....too much of a hassle and uncomfortable for travel......I like a VERY cool warm up With under matching outside cover.....also warm loose fitting jacket for long cold travel!
    Our sponsor is Adidas. So you want them in Adidas track suits. We will look like a bunch of Russian hit men.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Our sponsor is Adidas. So you want them in Adidas track suits. We will look like a bunch of Russian hit men.
    😂😂

I vote Boomer as our fashion coordinator.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jeaux; September 18th, 2018 at 09:34 pm. Reason: Adidas track suits FTW

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

This is so COOL Re: Basketball Fund Raising Project-Suits

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...YAkllgZamfo2Hw

I forgot to mention that any contributions to this project are tax deductible. Also, you will be given RCAF credit for any donations made here. Speaking of the RCAF, I have learned that you will soon likely be given credit for any donations you make to the support groups equal to the your annual fund contributions. New process will likely go into effect July 1, 2019.
    How is this tax deductible when RCAF donations are no longer deductible?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    How is this tax deductible when RCAF donations are no longer deductible?
    RCAF donations are tax deductible. What is not tax deductible are the excellence funds required to purchase prime season tickets. In essence those are seat licenses and not a donation.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Ok ....so I will have my outfits sketched up and find out how to put it up....yes Beau the B-bop hat with a small FDL will have a black with red insignia (low contrast) and knit hats for very cold travel......depending it will have a bottom down collar or turtle neck feature with Cajuns scripted.....the pants will be a solid black with side pockets and back wallet part (not sure about the lower down).....I assume all are familiar with Scott e Vest....this over jacket will have that look with areas for I pads, cell phone, bottle area, writing pens, and other pocket areas for snacks and whatever......the new look deck winter shoe would go quite well.......I would feel very confident in winning a team vote especially during a 5 day away trip.....hope I can show you guys!!!

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ok ....so I will have my outfits sketched up and find out how to put it up....yes Beau the B-bop hat with a small FDL will have a black with red insignia (low contrast) and knit hats for very cold travel......depending it will have a bottom down collar or turtle neck feature with Cajuns scripted.....the pants will be a solid black with side pockets and back wallet part (not sure about the lower down).....I assume all are familiar with Scott e Vest....this over jacket will have that look with areas for I pads, cell phone, bottle area, writing pens, and other pocket areas for snacks and whatever......the new look deck winter shoe would go quite well.......I would feel very confident in winning a team vote especially during a 5 day away trip.....hope I can show you guys!!!
    ......oh and I forgot the outside Pea coat with a small Louisiana Basketball wth a FDL on the front!.....a matching UL scarf will bring out the best in airports across our travels!!!

Followup Update-A group of ex players has indicated they want to get involved here. That may put us over the top. Athletic Department personnel have indicated it is very rare for ex players to contribute financially back to their programs. So that is a big time development. I may share their names once their checks are received. Also, another anonymous member who reads the forum has said he will make up any shortfall to insure each player gets a suit. That may not be necessary. Guy who made this offer has been very generous in the past and I think it is better to have new folks involved.
    Note this effort is still underway and any help which can be provided will be appreciated. A couple more donations may get us over the top. Even though retired, I was able to acquire a matching gift from my former employer here. Others may be able to do the same. Ex players who have indicated interest in helping or who have already donated include Reggie DeGray, Brian Hamilton, Brad Boyd, Rhett Hebert, Ross Mouton, Antoine Landry, Sydney Grider, and Adam James. Kudos to Brad Boyd for leading the effort to get former players involved.

DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Note this effort is still underway and any help which can be provided will be appreciated. A couple more donations may get us over the top. Even though retired, I was able to acquire a matching gift from my former employer here. Others may be able to do the same. Ex players who have indicated interest in helping or who have already donated include Reggie DeGray, Brian Hamilton, Brad Boyd, Rhett Hebert, Ross Mouton, Antoine Landry, Sydney Grider, and Adam James. Kudos to Brad Boyd for leading the effort to get former players involved.
    Very nice! Wish I was in a position to help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2