_ _ _ _

Thread: Basketball Golf Tournament Fund Raiser

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Basketball Golf Tournament Fund Raiser

You guys who are golfers and Cajun basketball fans may be interested in the information contained in what is linked below.

https://ragincajuns.com/news/2018/9/...px?path=mbball

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Basketball Golf Tournament Fund Raiser

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You guys who are golfers and Cajun basketball fans may be interested in the information contained in what is linked below.

From what I understand funds raised from this event will be used to help with travel expenses and costs of purchasing home games. Regarding travel expenses, if one bus trip can be replaced with a charter flight it will be advantageous to recruiting and academics. Less class time can be missed with a flight of course and telling recruits we are doing this can be an advantage. Also, there is one more basketball fund raiser being considered for a very specific purpose other than what is listed above. When I have the logistics information finalized on that project, I will let you guys know.

Blog Entries

I always thought "money game" funds should be rolled over to purchase home games. ...

But I like this idea.

Reminder this event is a week from tomorrow. I am sure entries are still being accepted.

Reminder this event is a week from tomorrow. I am sure entries are still being accepted.
    When I talk to Kyle last it was pretty much sold out. I think he could have squeezed a team or two in but I believe there are already around 20 teams signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    When I talk to Kyle last it was pretty much sold out. I think he could have squeezed a team or two in but I believe there are already around 20 teams signed up.
    This was a very succesful event with 25 teams and approximately 100 golfers participating. Although some review was needed to determine the final result, initial estimate was over 10000 dollars would be raised from the event. This amount would be more than the goal set for the event. In addition to the golfers, plenty of coaches, players, staff, and volunteers (I was happy to be one of the those) enjoyed the day. Like any first time event, things were learned that they hope to use to improve upon next time a tournament is held.