_ _ _ _

Thread: Robe on the Au-Zone

Default Robe on the Au-Zone

"You fire people when they are incompetent. I don't have incompetent coaches. In fact, I have good coaches. The landscape of college baseball is changing.

"What we did is we rerouted some guys to put them positions that they're good at. Nobody was demoted; everything is a promotion . . . because it lines them up to where their skill set is."

--Coach Tony Robichaux, on the adjustments to his coaching staff.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Robe on the Au-Zone

Interesting.

Love Coach Robe, but he rambled and repeated himself quite a bit in this interview.

Sounds like y'all figured out a way to avoid speed traps on your way home last night by piggy backing on a police escourt...😁😁😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Love Coach Robe, but he rambled and repeated himself quite a bit in this interview.

He sounded very defensive..

Default Wells takes over as UL's hitting coach

Wells adds to reshuffled staff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robichaux quote
    I don't have incompetent coaches. In fact, I have good coaches.
    unspoken words: They were just coaching out of position the last couple of years.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    unspoken words: They were just coaching out of position the last couple of years.
    ....Loved how coach just broke down Babs responsibilities.....about 3 guys jobs in one.....grades, schedule, pr, sales of ads, stadium seat and suite sales< recruiting, etc.......J Tal can now recruit even better but needs some air flight help!

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....Loved how coach just broke down Babs responsibilities.....about 3 guys jobs in one.....grades, schedule, pr, sales of ads, stadium seat and suite sales< recruiting, etc.......J Tal can now recruit even better but needs some air flight help!
    One thing I am not clear on is if Coach Bab can be on the field on game day. I bet he can. He just can't actually coach by hitting grounders or fly balls. If not on the field, I can't believe he would not be allowed in the dugout. Troy Wingerter is Director of Football Operations and he is on the field with the team. Mike Murphy is Director of Basketball Operations and he sits on the court on game days. Would make no sense to me to not allow basically a baseball operations director to not be allowed in the dugout. Anyone know if that is definitely the case?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    One thing I am not clear on is if Coach Bab can be on the field on game day. I bet he can. He just can't actually coach by hitting grounders or fly balls. If not on the field, I can't believe he would not be allowed in the dugout. Troy Wingerter is Director of Football Operations and he is on the field with the team. Mike Murphy is Director of Basketball Operations and he sits on the court on game days. Would make no sense to me to not allow basically a baseball operations director to not be allowed in the dugout. Anyone know if that is definitely the case?
    Interesting question on dugout protocol.

I would note that traditionally football sidelines have been a little more lax as it relates to visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Robe said on the show this morning that he can be in the dugout. The only thing he can't do is throw bp to the team