_ _ _ _

Thread: Soccer vs Auburn

UL Soccer Soccer vs Auburn

2:50pm ,On ESPN3. 1st half was great. Played defense the entire half. Auburn had like 11 shots on goal and we had 0 and hardly ever crossed midfield. With 2 minutes to go, we got a chance. we scored on an amazing offensive play. 1 minute later auburn snuck one in also. Should be an interesting 2nd half to see if we continue to play defense or open it up. 1-1 at half. Geaux Cajuns!

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Soccer vs Auburn

Just got off ESPN III unable to find this game live or otherwise.

It's on espn 3. search for women's soccer

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Found it. I've got the new Apple TV. Wasn't able to find it on any of the channels. Checked the website. Suppose to be on SEC+. Went back checked everything and still couldn't find it. So finally just went to the live on a generic ESPN and found it.

Oh c-rap. Just got the Laff iyett

2/1 Auburn. 12:00 to go

Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It's over 4-1 Auburn

4-1 win by Auburn. We played great defense for the most part. Auburn had some amazing goals.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    4-1 win by Auburn. We played great defense for the most part. Auburn had some amazing goals.
    If you play a 5-4-1 you'd better look good on defense.

UL Soccer Re: Soccer vs Auburn

Auburn was far more athletic, longer, faster. Hell, at first I thought those were boys playing, then I saw some pony tails. Maybe we need to check for Y chromosomes. 🤔🤔🤔

Will we ever not suck at soccer? We just kind of throwing in the towel on that to build football? When's the last time we advanced past the first round of the Sun Belt tournament?

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Haven't seen a thread about Soccer in a while, so I thought I'd revisit this one. Our game against G. Southern was canceled yesterday and it may have been for the best. Louisiana is 1-6-2 on the year and have been outscored 5-22. The 1 win and 2 ties came against Southland teams.

If that record doesn't improve, is this finally the season that we see a long overdue head coaching change?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Haven't seen a thread about Soccer in a while, so I thought I'd revisit this one. Our game against G. Southern was canceled yesterday and it may have been for the best. Louisiana is 1-6-2 on the year and have been outscored 5-22. The 1 win and 2 ties came against Southland teams.

If that record doesn't improve, is this finally the season that we see a long overdue head coaching change?
    I have heard he is as good as gone. It will be interesting to see what kind of coach Maggard is looking for. Right now we are loaded with European and California players which has not seemed to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I have heard he is as good as gone. It will be interesting to see what kind of coach Maggard is looking for. Right now we are loaded with European and California players which has not seemed to work out.
    Interestingly enough he has seemed (in my opinion) to look more closely at Louisiana players this past year than what I have seen in the past. That doesn't necessarily mean anything since our talent pool is rather shallow. With that said there have definitely been some decent caliber players here that didn't even get a whiff from UL.

No matter how you cut it he hasn't cut it. There are also people in the Lafayette area that have extremely good connections all the way up to the U.S. National team. No reason why we shouldn't be able to get help identifying very talented up and coming coaching candidates.

Blog Entries

It's long overdue for a coaching change if you look at his entire record at UL and this year especially.