_ _ _ _

Thread: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

Default Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ence-foes-2018

Louisiana

"Every year they look like a SEC team when they get off the bus. They're long, athletic and they have size that you can't normally find our conference. But one thing that beats them consistently is speed."

"They haven't translated recruiting to performance, which is hard to explain."

"The new staff needs to open up competition. They looked complacent."

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sun Belt Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ence-foes-2018

Louisiana

"Every year they look like a SEC team when they get off the bus. They're long, athletic and they have size that you can't normally find our conference. But one thing that beats them consistently is speed."

"They haven't translated recruiting to performance, which is hard to explain."

"The new staff needs to open up competition. They looked complacent."
    This is why the emphasis has been on bringing speed, conditioning and technique to the program since Coach Napier arrived.

I don't think there are any shockers in these. The speed issue was especially evident on defense. Part of that I believe is was not having a good scheme in place, along with poor coaching technique.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This is why the emphasis has been on bringing speed, conditioning and technique to the program since Coach Napier arrived.
    The other 2 were coaching issues well all 3 were

I noticed the word "culture" used more than once.

I think the nutrition improvements will pay dividends. The team physically looks in much better shape

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I think the nutrition improvements will pay dividends. The team physically looks in much better shape
    If our O-linemen can look down without bending over and see their shoes, then they're already in much better shape than they were even by mid season the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    If our O-linemen can look down without bending over and see their shoes, then they're already in much better shape than they were even by mid season the last couple of years.
    I know we have had several issues over the last few years, but I really feel like our O-line was one of our biggest problems. If our O-line this year is improved and in better shape, with the weapons we have, this Offense could be dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by carnold983 View Post
    I know we have had several issues over the last few years, but I really feel like our O-line was one of our biggest problems. If our O-line this year is improved and in better shape, with the weapons we have, this Offense could be dangerous!
    We have about 700 pounds of players on the right side I believe on offense and they talked about running the ball a lot this season I think with the stable of running backs we have it'll be a good season.

Blog Entries

Most years we seem to have 700 lbs on the right et another 700 on the left. Developing OL that are strong, lean, quick & athletic has been our issue.....we have had no issue at all in recent years developing dudes that are very very heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Most years we seem to have 700 lbs on the right et another 700 on the left. Developing OL that are strong, lean, quick & athletic has been our issue.....we have had no issue at all in recent years developing dudes that are very very heavy.
    Very, very heavy AND slow. I can't remember when we last had an O-line that was strong, lean, and quick. Hopefully, that's all about to change.