_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Marshall to the MAC

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Default Re: Marshall to the MAC

Quote Originally Posted by carnold983 View Post
    I didn't mean on our schedule, I meant SBC is the only conference that has been accepting new members that are FCS schools moving up to the FBS
    Old Dominion

Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Old Dominion

Charlotte
    You are correct, however both of those schools joined around '13. If CUSA looses a school now and decides to add, I think it would be a SBC school. If we loose a school now, and decide to add, I would guess it would be a FCS school

You are correct, however both of those schools joined around '13. If CUSA looses a school now and decides to add, I think it would be a SBC school. If we loose a school now, and decide to add, I would guess it would be a FCS school
    The SBC did recently cut Idaho and NMSU loose

CUSA isn't adding if anyone leaves. With the diminishing amounts of TV revenue on a per school basis, subtracting schools will increase their revenue stream.

I didn't mean on our schedule, I meant SBC is the only conference that has been accepting new members that are FCS schools moving up to the FBS
    Yep. And at the time App and Ga So was prbably better than 95% of CUSA.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Marshall to the MAC

Okay we can say they were exceptional in basketball, but Witchata State moved to AAC this year. Last I recall Charlotte was a non FBS football school accepted to CUSA.

Blog Entries

Charlotte is FBS now in football. 1-11 last year.

Several teams get an almost free pass to bowl eligibility with these 3 CUSA teams on schedule this year plus 1 FCS game.
    Charlotte 1-11
    Rice 1-11
    UTEP. 0-12

4 wins all but guaranteed.....finish 2-6 against the rest & your in a bowl.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Charlotte is FBS now in football. 1-11 last year.

Several teams get an almost free pass to bowl eligibility with these 3 CUSA teams on schedule this year plus 1 FCS game.
    Charlotte 1-11
    Rice 1-11
    UTEP. 0-12

4 wins all but guaranteed.....finish 2-6 against the rest & your in a bowl.
    .........Our goals should and hopefully are the AAC or even big 12......are we there in any criterium? Well I would say baseball and softball qualify presently.......facilities other than athletic administration and football stadium.......not sure but with conference revenue we come close to the bottom teams I think......chicken or egg time in that if we make it happen we get there with attendance etc or do we get into a conference and get there......only the former is an option......reports on here show that academically we are very close.......what are the opinions of the Herd???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .........Our goals should and hopefully are the AAC or even big 12......are we there in any criterium? Well I would say baseball and softball qualify presently.......facilities other than athletic administration and football stadium.......not sure but with conference revenue we come close to the bottom teams I think......chicken or egg time in that if we make it happen we get there with attendance etc or do we get into a conference and get there......only the former is an option......reports on here show that academically we are very close.......what are the opinions of the Herd???
    Any of the AAC schools with the exception of Tulane would be able to transition to the Big-12 and compete after revenue sharing. Basically, the only difference between schools like Iowa State and Kansas State and Memphis and Houston is conference membership.

The only things that we have not on an AAC level are what you mentioned, football stadium/admin building and the overall quality of the football program.

Both of these situatiuons will be resolved in the next 3 years.

Bullseye.

If we find ourselves in some form of CUSA/SBC mix in 5 years, it would be because we failed in our main objective.

If the fees were waived, it might be worth it, but I can't stress enough how much we are focusing way higher than that. Trust me when I say that Dr. Mag is not wasting any time thinking about a possible CUSA opening. Like that awesome Foreigner song, that was yesterday.

Times have changed. People need to wake up and adjust their mindsets.
    Unless an AAC member moves up to a P5 conference, there will not be a spot in that conference available for us (or anybody else). We can aim higher than being a part of some kind of SBC/CUSA remake, but I can see little evidence that another option is going to be available. I'm not trying to be negative, I just don't see any evidence that any of the top G5 programs are going to change anything. The AAC thinks they're already part of a P6. The MWC is no better than the SBC or CUSA. What is it exactly that is supposed to take place that's going to allow for us to elevate ourselves? I want to believe. I just don't see evidence of it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    ... What is it exactly that is supposed to take place that's going to allow for us to elevate ourselves? I want to believe. I just don't see evidence of it anywhere.
    Talk to people who know about TV contracts. 2023 is when the MWC and the AAC contracts get re-negotiated.

AAC is likely to get a good deal, but if they don't, there is a chance they could split and make 2 "best of" leagues in the Central and Eastern Time Zones. We will be in that mix if it happens.

MWC is on more shaky ground in regards to TV contracts. The front range schools (Wyoming, Colorado State, Air Force, New Mexico) are not thrilled with the current situation and if the numbers aren't where they want them to be, they will split and make a Mountain/Central league from the western SBC/CUSA schools. We would be in that mix.

If both the MWC and the AAC like their new deals, the focus then moves to 2 "best of" leagues being formed in the Central and Eastern Time Zones from MAC/CUSA/SBC. We would be in that mix.

Finally, if none of the above happens, there is the situation where the AAC loses a couple of schools to the Big12. We would be in the mix for replacements.

This is the current thinking among those who Dr. Maggard is talking to.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Unless an AAC member moves up to a P5 conference, there will not be a spot in that conference available for us (or anybody else). We can aim higher than being a part of some kind of SBC/CUSA remake, but I can see little evidence that another option is going to be available. I'm not trying to be negative, I just don't see any evidence that any of the top G5 programs are going to change anything. The AAC thinks they're already part of a P6. The MWC is no better than the SBC or CUSA. What is it exactly that is supposed to take place that's going to allow for us to elevate ourselves? I want to believe. I just don't see evidence of it anywhere.
    Dr. Maggard told me himself he does not see any conference realignment that would impact us anytime soon.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Talk to people who know about TV contracts. 2023 is when the MWC and the AAC contracts get re-negotiated.

AAC is likely to get a good deal, but if they don't, there is a chance they could split and make 2 "best of" leagues in the Central and Eastern Time Zones. We will be in that mix if it happens.

MWC is on more shaky ground in regards to TV contracts. The front range schools (Wyoming, Colorado State, Air Force, New Mexico) are not thrilled with the current situation and if the numbers aren't where they want them to be, they will split and make a Mountain/Central league from the western SBC/CUSA schools. We would be in that mix.

If both the MWC and the AAC like their new deals, the focus then moves to 2 "best of" leagues being formed in the Central and Eastern Time Zones from MAC/CUSA/SBC. We would be in that mix.

Finally, if none of the above happens, there is the situation where the AAC loses a couple of schools to the Big12. We would be in the mix for replacements.

This is the current thinking among those who Dr. Maggard is talking to.
    Do you have sources you trust giving you this view or is this post strictly an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Do you have sources you trust giving you this view or is this post strictly an opinion?
    Let me clarify.

The scenarios I listed come from someone I trust implicitly on realignment/contract info.

I assumed that Dr. Maggard is getting similar info.

Let us also remember that at the end of the day these are opinions. Nothing will be written in stone for a few years. The bottom line is that odds are there will be an opening somewhere for us to improve our situation, and we must keep the momentum going. People, important people, are noticing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4