_ _ _ _
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Cajundome director Greg Davis retiring after 33 years of service

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cajundome director Greg Davis retiring after 33 years of service

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    LS is a cover band by this point
    I can't think of a better band to cover Lynard Skynard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I can't think of a better band to cover Lynard Skynard.
    Maybe Greg Davis' way of saying goodbye.

Give me three steps Mr., Give me three steps toward the door.
    Give me three steps Mr. and you won't see me no more.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I still enjoy most of the music, but I'm not paying $200 to watch the Eagles or the Stones.
    Last time I looked at Eagles tickets they were almost $400 for upper deck.

I had a buddy buy Journey tickets a few years back and was ____ed when he learned Steve Perry was no longer with the band LOL
    From what I've been told by friends who have attended recent concerts, the new guy might be better than Steve Perry.

But yeah, I get it. My wife told me I should get tickets to see Journey when they came to Sugar Land a couple years ago. I saw the prices, and decided "I'm not paying that much to see them without Steve Perry".

I paid a good amount to watch Black Sabbath with Ozzy recently .. Not worth it
    Ozzy now has a singer off stage to help him hit the notes.

I've seen the Journey recently. The new guy is as good as Perry was in the 80s. Everyone is different but I really enjoyed Journey.

Most bands from the 60/70/80 are a mismatch group... but they can still be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Most bands from the 60/70/80 are a mismatch group... but they can still be very good.
    Boston.................

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4971065&page=1

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I saw Boston a few years back with DeCarlo. They're still good. He's a good fill in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I saw Boston a few years back with DeCarlo. They're still good. He's a good fill in.
    They have a female singer now, but Boston has never put on a great stage show even back in the early 80's. One of my favorite bands, but seeing them once was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    It's actually going to be Skynyrd and Bocephus. Nice combination. Plus a mystery guest.
    I'd pay to see that.

Blog Entries

I paid a good amount to watch Black Sabbath with Ozzy recently .. Not worth it
    I saw Ozzy in his bat eating hay day along with Rush at the Texas Jam 1984 when I was young. Awesome concert ... I could smell the weed and puke all around. My older cousins who drove me were so drunk, I had to drive back to vermillion parish .

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I saw Ozzy in his bat eating hay day along with Rush at the Texas Jam 1984 when I was young. Awesome concert ... I could smell the weed and puke all around. My older cousins who drove me were so drunk, I had to drive back to vermillion parish .
    I wish i could have seen him in his prime I did watch fleetwood mac at Jazz fest and they still got it

Blog Entries

I wish i could have seen him in his prime I did watch fleetwood mac at Jazz fest and they still got it
    Seen Fleetwood Mac, Heart and a few others in NO City Park back in the early 80's.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Seen Fleetwood Mac, Heart and a few others in NO City Park back in the early 80's.
    First concert I ever went to was the Allman Brothers at City Park stadium.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

.....Elvis at Mun Aud in NO...Ray Charles in NO.....Dr John.....Irma T.... Stevie Wonder.....Ernie Kdoe....Prof Longhair.....Beach Boys a few times.....platters....5th Dem.....Friends of Dist.....Aaron Neville....etc!!!

My wife and I attended an Eagles concert in NOLA last summer. I was concerned with Glenn Frey having passed away a couple years ago they would be greatly diminished. However his son Deacon and Vince Gill filled in admirably, they all put on a great show vocally and instrumentally from start to finish. We paid about $175 per ticket, expensive but worth it- a one time event for us. And it was packed to the rafters. All the old rockers are making bank while they still can.

Ahh.. Ole Vince Gill. Most underrated music talent in history.

Yeah, Vince was funny, he introduced himself as the "61 year old new guy". The man can play some guitar.

Blog Entries

LS and Hank Jr. might be good old memories but $108 for nose bleed seems kinda steep imo.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7