_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: CUSA Budget Cuts

Blog Entries

Default Re: CUSA Budget Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by carnold983 View Post
    I've wondered about the timing of the accusations brought against Loteif coming to light not long after our new AD was hired...were previous accusations being swept under the rug and Maggard had to be the one to step up and address it?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We definitely were not ready but we could have done this crazy thing and lied like La tech.
    If you recall, La Tech had just spent the majority of that last football season ranked in the Top 25, and their MBB also cracked into the Top 25 that same year. That was just freakishly good timing for them, and I believe it played a major factor into their getting into CUSA at that time. If those two things didn't happen when they did, La Tech would be in the Sun Belt today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    If you recall, La Tech had just spent the majority of that last football season ranked in the Top 25, and their MBB also cracked into the Top 25 that same year. That was just freakishly good timing for them, and I believe it played a major factor into their getting into CUSA at that time. If those two things didn't happen when they did, La Tech would be in the Sun Belt today.
    Tech's CUSA invite came after the 2011-12 basketball season. They went 18-16 that year. They did real good in 2012-13 but were already invited.

In the football time frame of their invite, they finished 3rd in the WAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    They also turned down a bowl and sat at home becoming a national laughing stock... they lied about budget and market share claiming 30 mill by 2015 and huge shares of the shervport and dallas market.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4