_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Cajun in the Boat!

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Another Cajun in the Boat!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Boomer, who is his daddy?
    .....Don't want to go there....just let this play out hopefully for all of us hoping for him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Boomer, who is his daddy?
    He's talking about Peter LeBlanc, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Thats a big boy.

My question is this...

Now that T doesn't do the recruiting site.. which site keeps up with our players the best?

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Thats a big boy.
    Not quite as big as his dad. Good to see he's coming here for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    My question is this...

Now that T doesn't do the recruiting site.. which site keeps up with our players the best?
    247 is by far the best

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    247 is by far the best
    But what is the deal with all the ULL and especially the Louisiana-lafayette's?

Price you pay to have someone not your own cover you sometimes. We need to get over the name thing until we have a longer term winning culture established. Once we are respected as a winner amongst our peers then we might gain more traction with the name thing. Not saying give it up but don't get so offended just because we aren't getting what we want exactly when we want it.

There was a Harrington that played in the 80s with Nathan granger, mike book and that bunch. Was that his daddy? I don't recal his first name.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not quite as big as his dad. Good to see he's coming here for his family.
    That's probably a sign he might not be done growing.

I can't remember a time that we had this many early commits. Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    Nice to see us beating out some of these teams for commits. It's interesting that we also beat out Kansas who offered him as well. I'm sure he was getting recruited by Tony hull and if they are beating him out on LA recruits then this staff is doing something right.

Good call. Tony Hull and coach Juluke were hanging out together in Nola this weekend per fb.

These 2 guys are in the inner NOLA circle for recruiting. FWIW, That NOLA recruiting circle is very hard to crack. Glad we have one of them on staff (and the other one is an alumn)

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Good call. Tony Hull and coach Juluke were hanging out together in Nola this weekend per fb.

These 2 guys are in the inner NOLA circle for recruiting. FWIW, That NOLA recruiting circle is very hard to crack. Glad we have one of them on staff (and the other one is an alumn)
    Hull could be available to hire soon as Kansas has hired former Arkansas AD...could be a head coach firing soon after this season...

Hull would be a really good get, but not sure we could afford him. No harm in going after him though.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    That's probably a sign he might not be done growing.

I can't remember a time that we had this many early commits. Good stuff
    Yep, seems like he's got the frame for some more muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan12 View Post
    Price you pay to have someone not your own cover you sometimes. We need to get over the name thing until we have a longer term winning culture established. Once we are respected as a winner amongst our peers then we might gain more traction with the name thing. Not saying give it up but don't get so offended just because we aren't getting what we want exactly when we want it.
    I don't think it is winning. Looks like this is the only remaining media not calling us Louisiana (outside of Louisiana). Our people need to be in touch with them.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I don't think it is winning. Looks like this is the only remaining media not calling us Louisiana (outside of Louisiana). Our people need to be in touch with them.
    I wasn't going to chime in, but can't help myself. If we go 0-12, we should be called LOUISIANA. The fact that 247sports is one of the last holdouts doesn't tell me what we need are wins.

We've been to NCAA tournaments and college world series and won dramatic bowl games. And even if none of this was the case, we are Louisiana.

And if anyone can look around over the past year and think we're losing the name battle, I find that incredible.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    There was a Harrington that played in the 80s with Nathan granger, mike book and that bunch. Was that his daddy? I don't recal his first name.
    His dad finished ahead of Nathan, like in 1979. He was about 6'5" to 6'6". I think his younger brother was around Nathan's age.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I wasn't going to chime in, but can't help myself. If we go 0-12, we should be called LOUISIANA. The fact that 247sports is one of the last holdouts doesn't tell me what we need are wins.

We've been to NCAA tournaments and college world series and won dramatic bowl games. And even if none of this was the case, we are Louisiana.

And if anyone can look around over the past year and think we're losing the name battle, I find that incredible.
    I agree! We should be Louisiana win, lose, or draw.

Has 247 recently changed our logo? It seems as though the circular fleur de lis with yellow flames was on their site last week. Now I see the stacked Ragin Cajuns logo.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    HC, you are no doubt the man for the job. I see nobody more fit than yourself to take on this task. You live and breathe the name war. Go get em.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post

I think that HC was saying that its not whether or not we win on the field that should drive our brand.....not that we are not winning the name game. Which we certainly are. In fact I would say that we have, outside of the in-state schools. And there was a big imrpvement on that front when up in ruston this spring when they called us "Ragin Cajuns" instead of La-Lafayette or ULL'ng us to death. A definte crack in the dam. And you know for sure it was, as it drove all the mangy mutts mad, lol.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast