_ _ _ _
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Another Cajun in the Boat!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't disagree with any of that. My point is just because your class is ranked poorly does not mean you will struggle on the field. Opposite is true. A highly ranked class does not guarantee success. An example of this is there are more former 2 star players in the NFL than any other group. At the end of the day, of course I would prefer a highly ranked class. I also agree that using it to bring excitement to the fan base is a very good thing. A team that plays hard, makes few mistakes, and a staff that makes good in game decisions will bring a lot of excitement.
    At the macro level Id bet on the higher ranked recruits 10 out of 10 times. 247 does a good job, they favor some larger schools but they do show some degree of fairness.
    Individually there will be 2 stars that should be higher, the Cordova kid from Kinder will be one. But the top players in state based on Jr year are in the rankings.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Another Cajun in the Boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't disagree with any of that. My point is just because your class is ranked poorly does not mean you will struggle on the field. Opposite is true. A highly ranked class does not guarantee success. An example of this is there are more former 2 star players in the NFL than any other group. At the end of the day, of course I would prefer a highly ranked class. I also agree that using it to bring excitement to the fan base is a very good thing. A team that plays hard, makes few mistakes, and a staff that makes good in game decisions will bring a lot of excitement.
    .....So what is the percentage of 2 stars in college football ranks......not trying to take the credence of your remarks away, but you do present a huge paradox!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Let me guess..."blessed to receive an offer from..."

Thanks 4 the update
    agin checking on Quintian Cobb a 6'6" 310lb def end for Kaplan.....paper lists him 3 times as a senior!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    agin checking on Quintian Cobb a 6'6" 310lb def end for Kaplan.....paper lists him 3 times as a senior!!!
    I saw that, multiple articles.....one with Coach Lotief and I think he just may be a Sr rhis year.

Blog Entries

He's under the radar for certain.

Blog Entries

Likely issue: He is 70 lbs heavier than last year. Played at 240 last year.....now 310 Thinking momma may be a good cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Likely issue: He is 70 lbs heavier than last year. Played at 240 last year.....now 310 Thinking momma may be a good cook.
    Does he have good feet?

Gaining 70 pounds in a year at 6'6" is a problem. Impossible to be healthy weight..he got fat.

We do have a million dollar snack budget

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He's under the radar for certain.
    Who was the guy some years back from Kaplan who went to Arizona or Ar st?

Blog Entries

I haven't spoken to Tank, maybe he will talk about the kid. I was told he played last season at 300lbs., his video shows he is large than 240lbs and is very athletic playing RB, TE, DE. UL loves his size and athletic ability on the defensive side of the football.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7555143/Quintlan-Cobb

Blog Entries

Who was the guy some years back from Kaplan who went to Arizona or Ar st?
    Bates was thinner.

Anyone sight any new commits on the horizon?

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I would think they will be highly selective for the next 3 or 4. Better jump on the boat quick. We're filling up.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18