_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Cajun in the Boat!

Default Re: Another Cajun in the Boat!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    HC, you are no doubt the man for the job. I see nobody more fit than yourself to take on this task. You live and breathe the name war. Go get em.
    Thanks, but shouldn't that come from the AD, Asst. AD or Director of Communications at UL? 247 prints a lot of recruiting info about us. UL should address their use of a proper reference to us directly with them.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Thanks, but shouldn't that come from the AD, Asst. AD or Director of Communications at UL? 247 prints a lot of recruiting info about us. UL should address their use of a proper reference to us directly with them.
    https://247sports.com/college/louisi...mpression=true

A lot of their writers do use UL not sure whats keeping our page on their site from using it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

A lot of their writers do use UL not sure whats keeping our page on their site from using it.
    Pettiness.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Pettiness.
    Small man syndrome.

Interesting to look at 247 historical recruiting information. 247 has been ranking our recruits since 2003 and have given each commit a score. According to their scoring method, 5 of our current 2019 commits are in the top 25 of commits since 2003. If this class holds together (or gets more quality additions) it would be undoubtedly the best recruiting class on paper. Who is the highest rated recruit since 2003? Dion Ray. Who is third from the bottom? Andre Huval. Shows you how inexact the science of recruiting really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Interesting to look at 247 historical recruiting information. 247 has been ranking our recruits since 2003 and have given each commit a score. According to their scoring method, 5 of our current 2019 commits are in the top 25 of commits since 2003. If this class holds together (or gets more quality additions) it would be undoubtedly the best recruiting class on paper. Who is the highest rated recruit since 2003? Dion Ray. Who is third from the bottom? Andre Huval. Shows you how inexact the science of recruiting really is.
    They bought Scout.com. So they got everything BJ did with Redzone.

Alonzo Harris - 2011 class

RC8 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Wasn't Qyen Griffen up there too?

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    He was a 2 Star because n one thought it was possible for him to get eligible. He could play though, too bad he didn't have a better head on his shoulders.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    They bought Scout.com. So they got everything BJ did with Redzone.
    What's crazy is Scout used Louisiana before CajunT ran the ship.

This wrong name stuff is solely a 24/7 thing.

dion ray was rated that high as an athlete. i guarantee if would have played anoter position, he would have been a star here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    What's crazy is Scout used Louisiana before CajunT ran the ship.

This wrong name stuff is solely a 24/7 thing.
    Don't remember that exactly, could you point to those years? ULM blew up after I had it added to the contract, but I don't recall UL being used before those dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Harris is rated the #13 commit since 2003.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    How about his reach back catch in the flat? Great talent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    How about his reach back catch in the flat? Great talent!!!
    Yep. And moved to linebacker shortly after.

RC8 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He was a 2 Star because n one thought it was possible for him to get eligible. He could play though, too bad he didn't have a better head on his shoulders.
    Right, I thought I remembered everyone being really high on him when he signed. More so than even Alonzo Harris. He had some nice hits at linebacker but his most impressive was his tackle on Justin Anderson's pick six against Tulane. Lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Don't remember that exactly, could you point to those years? ULM blew up after I had it added to the contract, but I don't recall UL being used before those dates.
    "UL" was never used before you.

Here is what I find interesting. I think we received commitments from 4 unrated players. After committing to us, 2 received 2 stars and 2 received 3 stars.

In the past, I don't remember us ever getting an unrated recruit, that was changed to 3 stars.

Wonder if that is based on relationships our staff has with 24/7 or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Here is what I find interesting. I think we received commitments from 4 unrated players. After committing to us, 2 received 2 stars and 2 received 3 stars.

In the past, I don't remember us ever getting an unrated recruit, that was changed to 3 stars.

Wonder if that is based on relationships our staff has with 24/7 or something else.
    Doudtful, think it has more to do with updating the players info and data base...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Doudtful, think it has more to do with updating the players info and data base...
    ...and based on number and level of the other offers.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast