_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    626

    Default Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT





    I would not put it past this staff to achieve this with the 2019 class. No doubt an ambitious goal, but if accomplished, the train will be at full speed very quickly.

  2. #2
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,886

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    This is awesome, and SO fun to watch!


  3. #3
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,978

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    This is awesome, and SO fun to watch!
    Having the No. 1 G5 ranked recruiting class does not mean you had the No. 1 class. Play on the field determines that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    6,646
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    The things this staff is doing leaves me amazed!!! The talent alone means we will be improved. Never seen talent commit like this before.. Cajun Mike, seriously, this isn't Hud boys . I have not seen borderline grades/ morals combo recruit yet. Napps is getting ball playing students.


  5. #5
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,452

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    The things this staff is doing leaves me amazed!!! The talent alone means we will be improved. Never seen talent commit like this before.. Cajun Mike, seriously, this isn't Hud boys . I have not seen borderline grades/ morals combo recruit yet. Napps is getting ball playing students.
    .....calling on the board to recall how high we were ranked one year with commits before they dissappeared....think it was Hud's Second or third year!

  6. #6
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....calling on the board to recall how high we were ranked one year with commits before they dissappeared....think it was Hud's Second or third year!
    I may be mistaken but don't remember him having a class better than middle of the road in the Sunbelt.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,960

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I may be mistaken but don't remember him having a class better than middle of the road in the Sunbelt.
    #1 class in 2013 (McGuires class ) and again in 2015

  8. #8
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    #1 class in 2013 (McGuires class ) and again in 2015
    I stand corrected. It's amazing that His fell so fast after that. I guess the fact that the attrition rate was so bad clouded my memory.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,267

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I stand corrected. It's amazing that His fell so fast after that. I guess the fact that the attrition rate was so bad clouded my memory.
    He was

    HUD the STUD,

    and before we knew it, turned into

    HUD the DUD

    I believe there were lots of smoke, mirrors and a little luck involved in HUD 's success.

    I believe that with this staff and with administrative and fan support, we have an opportunity for a major transformation with UL Football like this university has really never seen - no smoke and mirrors but a little luck needed!!!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,064
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Having the No. 1 G5 ranked recruiting class does not mean you had the No. 1 class. Play on the field determines that.
    You are right, signing classes measure high school production, projected.

    Play on the field, though, is a combination of 5 signing classes and other contributor scenarios.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,859

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Having the No. 1 G5 ranked recruiting class does not mean you had the No. 1 class. Play on the field determines that.
    You need an avatar.

    Try this....


  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,714

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Having the No. 1 G5 ranked recruiting class does not mean you had the No. 1 class. Play on the field determines that.
    2014 top G5 class...USF
    2015 top G5 class...Boise State
    2016 top G5 class...Houston
    2017 top G5 class...UCF
    2018 top G5 class...Cincinatti
    2019 top G5 class...Western Michigan

    The verdicts are still out on Cincinatti and Western Michigan as those classes are still in progress...but the rest of them have all had top level G5 success...EXACTLY WHERE WE WANT TO BE. Play on the field matters, but to say recruiting top rated talent means nothing is ludicrous.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,484

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    2014 top G5 class...USF
    2015 top G5 class...Boise State
    2016 top G5 class...Houston
    2017 top G5 class...UCF
    2018 top G5 class...Cincinatti
    2019 top G5 class...Western Michigan

    The verdicts are still out on Cincinatti and Western Michigan as those classes are still in progress...but the rest of them have all had top level G5 success...EXACTLY WHERE WE WANT TO BE. Play on the field matters, but to say recruiting top rated talent means nothing is ludicrous.
    Exactly. The difference between the 100th class and the 115th class probably doesn't matter, I doubt the recruiting rankings are accurate down at that level. But when you are talking about the type of class that we have shaping up....top tier G5 level class....that's a HUGE difference.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,859

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Exactly. The difference between the 100th class and the 115th class probably doesn't matter, I doubt the recruiting rankings are accurate down at that level. But when you are talking about the type of class that we have shaping up....top tier G5 level class....that's a HUGE difference.
    To me, it's all about who offered the guys you sign.

    We've never had more than 5 or 6 guys sign in any given year who were offered by P5 schools, upper G5 schools or even local "name" schools like latech and USM.

    This year's class will have nearly all of them fit this model.

    This is next level recruiting. 3 classes like this, and I guarantee you a 10 win season and a national ranking.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,748

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    To me, it's all about who offered the guys you sign.

    We've never had more than 5 or 6 guys sign in any given year who were offered by P5 schools, upper G5 schools or even local "name" schools like latech and USM.

    This year's class will have nearly all of them fit this model.

    This is next level recruiting. 3 classes like this, and I guarantee you a 10 win season and a national ranking.
    Same here: I always focus on who they have had offers from. Just beating other G5's (esp in-state) is something new and great, but see offers from P5's is amazing to me. Don't remember ever seeing this much, if at all, in the past.

  16. #16
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,659

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    I promise you, no matter who the coach is, if we finish rated as a top five G5 rated class year in and year out we will win 8 or more games every season. I know some of y'all dont buy into class rankings, but if we sign 25 a year and we average 15 or more 3 star players every year we would out talent 8 of the 12 teams we play every year.


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    626

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    I believe each and every one of us would prefer a top 5 G5 recruiting class, regardless of sport, than a bottom 5.

    There is no doubt that the player ratings are subjective, hence making team rankings subjective.

    That having been said, I believe we hear much more about teams UNDERPERFORMING their recruiting ranking than the other way around. We also hear more about a player OVERPERFORMING his ranking, than vice versa.

    I believe having a top rated recruiting class, gives you much more margin for error, but doesn't guarantee you anything.


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    714

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    2014 top G5 class...USF
    2015 top G5 class...Boise State
    2016 top G5 class...Houston
    2017 top G5 class...UCF
    2018 top G5 class...Cincinatti
    2019 top G5 class...Western Michigan

    The verdicts are still out on Cincinatti and Western Michigan as those classes are still in progress...but the rest of them have all had top level G5 success...EXACTLY WHERE WE WANT TO BE. Play on the field matters, but to say recruiting top rated talent means nothing is ludicrous.
    How did western Michigan already sign there 2019 class?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,714

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    How did western Michigan already sign there 2019 class?
    They didn't...still in progress.

  20. #20
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,824

    Default Re: Recruiting goal SPELLED OUT

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    They didn't...still in progress.
    Current top G5 (per 247) is SMU at # 46

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •