_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Phil Steele on Prather

Default Re: Phil Steele on Prather

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    HUD tried to save his job on Mitchell's back. He should have beeen red shirted to mature and build up his strengh
    To save his job? 😂 you could say that about the late season insertion of Levi Lewis into the lineup, but Mitchell was in the plans from the beginning of season

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    To save his job? 😂 you could say that about the late season insertion of Levi Lewis into the lineup, but Mitchell was in the plans from the beginning of season
    You don't think HUD knew his job was on the line from the start?

You don't think HUD knew his job was on the line from the start?
    What JohnMoon is saying is that Mitchell was good enough to play day 1 regardless of Hudspeths status...and I agree with him...that young man was worthy of strapping up as a freshman...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    What JohnMoon is saying is that Mitchell was good enough to play day 1 regardless of Hudspeths status...and I agree with him...that young man was worthy of strapping up as a freshman...
    Exactly. Playing a freshman early in the year is not burning a redshirt. Mitchell came in ready to go and hopefully makes it back. This would be the perfect season to use his redshirt if needed

HUD tried to save his job on Mitchell's back. He should have beeen red shirted to mature and build up his strengh
    He has a foot injury that really has nothing to do with building strength. If I am not mistaken he has the same injury that ended Andrew Toney's career.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    He has a foot injury that really has nothing to do with building strength. If I am not mistaken he has the same injury that ended Andrew Toney's career.
    He's had a second surgery from what I understand now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I would love to listen on my way home from work...but I have to take Amb Caff...and the radio sounds like what I think an electric chair going off would sound like...non stop...

And no...I'm not listening to an App for a station that is broadcasting within a golf shot...refuse to do it....
    I listen occasionally on my car stereo via blue tooth here in DFW Takes at most 10 seconds effort.

This post. Sigh.....

Mitchell was as college ready a player as we had. He was a stud when healthy and was one of our best players regardless of age. This had nothing to do with HUD playing him too early. Now you are just trying to lay blame to someone other than the fact that the kid plays football and this kind of thing happens commonly.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This post. Sigh.....

Mitchell was as college ready a player as we had. He was a stud when healthy and was one of our best players regardless of age. This had nothing to do with HUD playing him too early. Now you are just trying to lay blame to someone other than the fact that the kid plays football and this kind of thing happens commonly.
    ....add to this that the kid was totally against red shirting and was quite deserving of his playing time.....Freshmen team football was done away with cause of their being able to play early!!!

Redshirting is for developmental players or lineman. If a RB redshirts he either hurt or is a career backup.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Don't know the prognosis for either beyond this season. By some small miracle, Dillon may be able to play this season, but I don't see them wasting a partial season on him since he has never RS.
    Thank goodness Mcdowell transferred in he will have to lead that unit... hopefull the Freshmen can step up in place of Dillion.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    We won't see Mitchell or Dillion on the field this season. I'm certain about Mitchell at this point, I don't see how you recover from a second surgery prior to the season. There is an outside shot for Dillon, but it doesn't look good for him either.
    Coach Napier confirmed today that Dillon will miss the 2018 season

Also confirmed what we already knew. Chase is out as welll. Ferrod Gardner is back on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Also confirmed what we already knew. Chase is out as welll. Ferrod Gardner is back on the roster.
    hopefully he can stay out of trouble
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the.../amp/782309001

he is quality lb

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    He was asked a question about significant injuries and that is when he discussed Rogers and Dillon. He did not mention Mitchell in any form. I hope that means he is progressing faster than expected.

That's right. I hope Mitchell is ok as well

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3