_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Phil Steele on Prather

Default Re: Phil Steele on Prather

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    He picked the Cajuns third in the West behind Ark. State and ULM. Said the NMSU game will determine if we go bowling or not. Has us winning 5 and losing 6 of the other 11. NMSU he views as a tossup. He talked about having to revise his publication when players transfer late. The Jordan Davis transfer happened early enough for him not to have to make too much of a revision. Like most folks, he thinks the Cajuns will have to outscore people to win due to the concerns of the defense. He does expect us to have a good offense. As far as Coach Napier goes, he thinks the best thing about him is the experience he gained working with Nick Saban. Nothing earth shattering in his view of the Cajuns but he did discuss them some. He did predict the Final Four from the P5. They are Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and Washington. I could have predicted that. People think the NBA is not competitive due to the Warriors. College football has a competitiveness problem as well when you consider three of those four teams dominate the landscape almost annually.
    He also said in his interview with coach napier, he really liked his running backs and receivers. Coach also said the O line is the most improved bunch on the field coming out of spring. So it sounds like it will all come down to the QB position. I wish we had more talent there.

Are Ragas and Mitchell both healthy?
    If they are 100%, the Oline is improved and we have a semblance of a pass game, we will score a lot of points.
    I think 1420 does a good job of mixing it up in the afternoon. I understand that this is the slow season but I cannot take Stevie P discussing why the Astros 2nd baseman on the 1984 team was underrated. Oh and how he hates to travel and be cold. The guy that is with him in the am now was a great move. Much more listenable now.

He picked the Cajuns third in the West behind Ark. State and ULM. Said the NMSU game will determine if we go bowling or not. Has us winning 5 and losing 6 of the other 11. NMSU he views as a tossup. He talked about having to revise his publication when players transfer late. The Jordan Davis transfer happened early enough for him not to have to make too much of a revision. Like most folks, he thinks the Cajuns will have to outscore people to win due to the concerns of the defense. He does expect us to have a good offense. As far as Coach Napier goes, he thinks the best thing about him is the experience he gained working with Nick Saban. Nothing earth shattering in his view of the Cajuns but he did discuss them some. He did predict the Final Four from the P5. They are Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and Washington. I could have predicted that. People think the NBA is not competitive due to the Warriors. College football has a competitiveness problem as well when you consider three of those four teams dominate the landscape almost annually.
    Man, I love when people pick ULM to do well in football which doesn't happen often because they never meet expectations and usually fall flat on their face. I look forward to lots of disappointment in Monroe later this year.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Are Ragas and Mitchell both healthy?
    If they are 100%, the Oline is improved and we have a semblance of a pass game, we will score a lot of points.
    I think 1420 does a good job of mixing it up in the afternoon. I understand that this is the slow season but I cannot take Stevie P discussing why the Astros 2nd baseman on the 1984 team was underrated. Oh and how he hates to travel and be cold. The guy that is with him in the am now was a great move. Much more listenable now.
    Unless something has changed, the last I heard was Elijah Mitchell's injury could be career ending. Just haven't heard much about him thus far.

You guys want to make some money... Got out a couple units on the Cajuns future OVER.. You can thank me later

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Unless something has changed, the last I heard was Elijah Mitchell's injury could be career ending. Just haven't heard much about him thus far.
    That is horrible to hear. We all know how dynamic of a RB he was.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I had not heard Mitchell's injury was that serious

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I had not heard Mitchell's injury was that serious
    I had heard that a few weeks after the injury but haven't gotten any updates. I sure hope he was able to work through it.

I heard that too from one of erath's biggest backers who is also a big cajun backer.

Question. On a regular daily basis on 1420s local programming starting at 7am ending with the word with G, how much talk should be cajuns? I am talking every day year round. %?

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    I heard that too from one of erath's biggest backers who is also a big cajun backer.
    So did I. Same guy later said they jumped the gun on the prognosois.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So did I. Same guy later said they jumped the gun on the prognosois.
    We won't see Mitchell or Dillion on the field this season. I'm certain about Mitchell at this point, I don't see how you recover from a second surgery prior to the season. There is an outside shot for Dillon, but it doesn't look good for him either.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    We won't see Mitchell or Dillion on the field this season. I'm certain about Mitchell at this point, I don't see how you recover from a second surgery prior to the season. There is an outside shot for Dillon, but it doesn't look good for him either.

Those are two huge losses. What is the prognosis for them in 2019?

Damn. That puts a crimp in things. Mitchell is a dynamic back and Dillion could be a superstar whenever he wants.

Blog Entries

Those are two huge losses. What is the prognosis for them in 2019?
    Don't know the prognosis for either beyond this season. By some small miracle, Dillon may be able to play this season, but I don't see them wasting a partial season on him since he has never RS.

This is most unfortunate. What was the injury with Dillion? I was expecting a huge year from him.

Don't know the prognosis for either beyond this season. By some small miracle, Dillon may be able to play this season, but I don't see them wasting a partial season on him since he has never RS.
    Don't know if they would risk it if he's not 100% healthy but starting this year if they redshirt him he can play in 4 games and not have his redshirt pulled

Damn that's awful news.

Wow. I had high hopes for Mitchell in our new offense this year. We will miss his talent for sure. Hope they can both return to good health for next year.

Blog Entries

HUD tried to save his job on Mitchell's back. He should have beeen red shirted to mature and build up his strengh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast