_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Phil Steele on Prather

Default Phil Steele on Prather

Today at 5. Should be interesting to see how long Scott can go before devolving this call into Pelicans/Saints talk.

Default Re: Phil Steele on Prather

Scott: Phil, good to have you on the show. Let's just dive into it, where do you think the Cajuns land in the Sun Belt standings by the end of the 2018 season?

Phil: Well, I think it all comes down to--

Scott: Sorry to cut you off Phil, but we have to move along to our other segment featuring Gus Kattengell. Thanks for your time.

SUIT UP

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Scott: Phil, good to have you on the show. Let's just dive into it, where do you think the Cajuns land in the Sun Belt standings by the end of the 2018 season?

Scott: Sorry to cut you off Phil, but we have to move along to our other segment featuring Gus Kattengell. Thanks for your time.

SUIT UP
    Don't forget the 30 minutes he'll waste extrapolating on all of the ins and outs of the Godforsaken contract details of every freakin NBA player on the planet.

Honestly, I get more Cajuns talk on 103.7 during drivetime radio than our supposed "flagship" station.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post

SUIT UP
    I really like 1420. Much, much better for Cajuns fans than 103.7 in my opinion. However, this is spot on and made me laugh.

I would love to listen on my way home from work...but I have to take Amb Caff...and the radio sounds like what I think an electric chair going off would sound like...non stop...

And no...I'm not listening to an App for a station that is broadcasting within a golf shot...refuse to do it....

Way too much NBA talk...it's nauseating.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Some of us are NBA fans and enjoy that conversation. When more Cajuns news is available they will discuss it. Slow right now of course. Note, this morning Kevin Foote spent lots of time discussing the greatest moments in Cajun basketball history. Enjoyed that as well of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Some of us are NBA fans and enjoy that conversation. When more Cajuns news is available they will discuss it. Slow right now of course. Note, this morning Kevin Foote spent lots of time discussing the greatest moments in Cajun basketball history. Enjoyed that as well of course.
    Cajuns basketball is one thing. It feels like Scott talks NBA from October-July. This is a sport that is the third most popular in our area at best. I just don't care about who is signing where two weeks after GS wins the title...again.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Cajuns basketball is one thing. It feels like Scott talks NBA from October-July. This is a sport that is the third most popular in our area at best. I just don't care about who is signing where two weeks after GS wins the title...again.

You may not but some people do follow the signings. Not much else going on local Cajun sports these days. Wait about 4 weeks when football practice starts and I hope to hear much more info.

i love nba talk. i hate when they start talking about the mlb and astros and when stevie p wont stop talking softball haha

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You may not but some people do follow the signings. Not much else going on local Cajun sports these days. Wait about 4 weeks when football practice starts and I hope to hear much more info.
    I may have misspoke. It's not following the signings but more of where "king jams" and whoever is heading...it's so old to me. Bring the NBA back to the 80's and I'm more intrigued. I'd much rather hear MLB or World Cup right now.

I respect your basketball IQ, I road the bench in high school, and I make sure to read your post, especially regarding Cajun basketball. Unfortunately, I have lost love for the game over the years and it doesn't do much for me anymore.

So what was discussed on the show today?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post

Boogie and Bronny

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    pretty much everything but the cajuns. i stopped listening at 535 though

Tough crowd..

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    pretty much everything but the cajuns. i stopped listening at 535 though
    After 40 minutes it was all P5 or Troy, App., & stAte talk. Seriously, I never heard anything Cajun related.

After 40 minutes it was all P5 or Troy, App., & stAte talk. Seriously, I never heard anything Cajun related.
    He picked the Cajuns third in the West behind Ark. State and ULM. Said the NMSU game will determine if we go bowling or not. Has us winning 5 and losing 6 of the other 11. NMSU he views as a tossup. He talked about having to revise his publication when players transfer late. The Jordan Davis transfer happened early enough for him not to have to make too much of a revision. Like most folks, he thinks the Cajuns will have to outscore people to win due to the concerns of the defense. He does expect us to have a good offense. As far as Coach Napier goes, he thinks the best thing about him is the experience he gained working with Nick Saban. Nothing earth shattering in his view of the Cajuns but he did discuss them some. He did predict the Final Four from the P5. They are Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and Washington. I could have predicted that. People think the NBA is not competitive due to the Warriors. College football has a competitiveness problem as well when you consider three of those four teams dominate the landscape almost annually.

Washington has not been a contender very long and will find it difficult to remain. Clemson, only since Dabo got there.

There are far more contenders in college football than the NBA has.

Hate the way the league is now dominated by a handful of teams made up with guys with the power to choose who and where they play. Pro sports suck. College sports suck too, for other reasons. Money is the common denominator for both.

DaddyCajun is online now Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Don't forget the 30 minutes he'll waste extrapolating on all of the ins and outs of the Godforsaken contract details of every freakin NBA player on the planet.

Honestly, I get more Cajuns talk on 103.7 during drivetime radio than our supposed "flagship" station.
    Whose on their shows? Coaches from our different programs and/or fans in the know, paper reporters, news sports anchors. just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I would love to listen on my way home from work...but I have to take Amb Caff...and the radio sounds like what I think an electric chair going off would sound like...non stop...

And no...I'm not listening to an App for a station that is broadcasting within a golf shot...refuse to do it....
    I went franklin twice this week and could catch it on the radio in my vehicle there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast