_ _ _ _
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post

This is a good look, too.
    IMO......That is the best uniform we have! I wish we wore that every home game.

Yes!! That helmet with the regular FDL !

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Yes!! That helmet with the regular FDL !
    FDL on one side, Ragin Cajuns on the other?

I say we stick with one .

I say we stick with one .
    I think we have to show Ragin Cajuns and Louisiana as much as possible.

This right here is also super clean.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

numbers

just like my avatar, the Kentucky game helmets

Perfection

Why the big one? Whats wrong with the regular FDL?

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Why the big one? Whats wrong with the regular FDL?
    I'll concede that it doesn't have to be that big, but it needs to be the same design. The "splintered" look matches the double striping on the rest of the uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I'll concede that it doesn't have to be that big, but it needs to be the same design. The "splintered" look matches the double striping on the rest of the uniform.
    I'm good with that one. A bit smaller maybe

I think we need to remain consistent. The one we have that we have trademarked is cleaner, nicer, more consistent with what the University uses.

Thats why I think we need to use it on the helmets.

I work in Franklin. Once you get to the Baldwin exit on Hwy 90, you've left Acadiana as we know it.

As for Ragin Cajuns, people identify "Cajuns" with Louisiana. True. They also identify the FDL with Louisiana, and we are talking about logos here. Ragin Cajuns is a terrible logo visually for marketing purposes. I never said we should change the nickname. We do need to change our way of thinking with logos, especially focusing on branding as Louisiana within the state. We'll make mare hay with the FDL.
    Outside of this state people that don't know the history identify the FDL with the New Orleans saints period. If we went exclusively with the FDL we'd be seen as copying the saints to everyone not associated with the university.

This is really a moot point as our helmets are not changing and the FDL will only be used a few times a year on special occasions

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Outside of this state people that don't know the history identify the FDL with the New Orleans saints period. If we went exclusively with the FDL we'd be seen as copying the saints to everyone not associated with the university.

This is really a moot point as our helmets are not changing and the FDL will only be used a few times a year on special occasions
    I honestly think it's paranoia from our fan base. It's like Dallas Cowboys and the star, even though it represents Dallas it also represents the region and Texas.

Teams that use the star off the top of my head.

Vanderbilt
    Oklahoma St.
    Stars
    76ers

Think people realize the FDL represents more than just the Saints but the entire region. We could own it in College Football

The only time we ever wore the regular FDL on the helmets was when we had the non traditional uniforms, but if we use our current helmet design with current uniforms think we have hit the nail on the head.

The only time we ever wore the regular FDL on the helmets was when we had the non traditional uniforms, but if we use our current helmet design with current uniforms think we have hit the nail on the head.

Our Home uniforms are perfect with the large LOUISIANA on the jersey. Why not keep the white and red helmets with the double stripes (to match the jersey and the pants) and have Ragin Cajuns on one side and the above FDL on the other? That way, we are incorporating all three of our branding initiatives in one total uniform.

I prefer that size fdl rather than the bigger one.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Our Home uniforms are perfect with the large LOUISIANA on the jersey. Why not keep the white and red helmets with the double stripes (to match the jersey and the pants) and have Ragin Cajuns on one side and the above FDL on the other? That way, we are incorporating all three of our branding initiatives in one total uniform.
    I am with that. I am just a traditionalist, I like both sides to be the same. I hate the Steelers helmets or the Boise St. with the logo on one side and something else on the other. I find it tacky and trying to do to much.

I am like make it the same on both sides.

Current baseball uniforms we do not even have Ragin Cajuns on them. Straight up FDL hats, big Louisiana on the jersey. Whoever designed the baseball look I am with.

I am with that. I am just a traditionalist, I like both sides to be the same. I hate the Steelers helmets or the Boise St. with the logo on one side and something else on the other. I find it tacky and trying to do to much.

I am like make it the same on both sides.

Current baseball uniforms we do not even have Ragin Cajuns on them. Straight up FDL hats, big Louisiana on the jersey. Whoever designed the baseball look I am with.
    I feel the same way. However, we are trying to establish a brand and may need to do this to associate all 3 with the university. And, I prefer the smaller FDL, too.

Out curiosity...anyone have an idea on when the establishing a brand period ends?...I feel like I've been trapped in a time machine stuck in park regarding that topic...

I think we already have. We have the Ragin Cajuns logo on everything, our main logo is the Ragin Cajun logo. What we need to promote is the others that focus more on Louisiana. FDL does that, and establishes the Louisiana brand.

Red Ragin Cajun helmet as primary, and white FDL as our secondary helmets.

They almost had it right, take out those black fdl helmets, and replace it with the white fdl helmets with the red double strip and white face mask and that is it. That is your brand.

Throw in an Acadiana helmet or the script Cajuns helmet one time a year for homecoming, and auction them.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast