_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 394

Thread: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,964

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Tried to stay out of this but, here we go..

    If you guys think Maggard just sat down and pulled the branding order out of a hat, you're mistaken. Some of the best marketing folks in the business were consulted on this.

    Ragin Cajuns is THE most unique monicker in all of sports. It is the most closely identifiable nick name, with regards to how it represents a community of people & it's culture.

    Louisiana is the bane of our identity crisis. Yes, we need to push and promote everything with Louisiana going forward, but the is not specific to our culture, nor our people, nor our heritage. There are several Louisiana branded colleges around the state. Over time, this will matter more and more, but it would be short sighted to have this as the spear point of our branding efforts.

    The FDL is recognized regionally, nationally and yes, even globally. It is a trademark more than an identifier. Again, it was a no brainer to promote the FDL as a major part of our identity. The FDL can go places "Louisiana" and even "Ragin Cajuns" can't.
    I agree with you. It is now time to cleanup our logos, particularly the multi-color circular one. It looks really bad next to Purdue and Missouri on the other thread. An important piece of our marketing efforts going forward.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,467

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    These were my favorite. If we are going to use the FDL. This helmet should be it!
    These are the best lids and unis we have. THIS should be our primary look with the all red in the same design for home.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,232

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    Check how good these helmets would look if we put them with our current uniforms. Looks a little strange but I did the best I could do.

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,550

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    I'd be fine with that once a year..


  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    4,079

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    What I want...12 games...12 different Uniforms...12 people on RP losing their mind over it.
    I am more worried about wins, but I'm good with any uniform where I can read the numbers.


  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,232

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    It's all about winning, but there is nothing wrong with talking about uniforms. I would like it if we did something like this for homecoming.


  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,967

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Check how good these helmets would look if we put them with our current uniforms. Looks a little strange but I did the best I could do.
    Some form of that helmet would be bad asz. Idk about it being the whole helmet...but the flag on the side would be sweet on a white helmet with maybe a red face mask

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Some form of that helmet would be bad asz. Idk about it being the whole helmet...but the flag on the side would be sweet on a white helmet with maybe a red face mask
    Think University of Maryland lids

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,467

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Think University of Maryland lids
    Those are atrocious because the Maryland state flag is a mess. The Acadian flag is well done.
    Source: I am an amateur vexiologist.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    922

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    I love that look...but hate identifying us as a region...we want to truly be Louisiana?...gotta cater to everyone...not just the 100 t-boys in the parking lot who think it looks cool...


  11. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,417

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    Ahhh summer.....swimming pools, BBQs, and uniform threads.....


  12. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,232

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I love that look...but hate identifying us as a region...we want to truly be Louisiana?...gotta cater to everyone...not just the 100 t-boys in the parking lot who think it looks cool...
    But many Colleges do this! Even if just one game

    Navy, ULM, South Alabama, Army, Ohio St. etc.. Why couldn't we do something like what they do? I'll show just two but you have a lot of colleges that bring them out for one game. Trust me its not messing up there brand.




  13. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    But many Colleges do this! Even if just one game

    Navy, ULM, South Alabama, Army, Ohio St. etc.. Why couldn't we do something like what they do? I'll show just two but you have a lot of colleges that bring them out for one game. Trust me its not messing up there brand.



    USA is a regional school and has a South Alabama icon on the helmet...They are not choosing to focus on 1 demographic of their state and alienating the rest of the population...IMO, if the Acadiana flag is used...we're sending out another mixed flag about our identity...do we want to be local...or statewide?

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,680

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Those are atrocious because the Maryland state flag is a mess. The Acadian flag is well done.
    Source: I am an amateur vexiologist.
    my favorite podcast.....


  15. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,232

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    That is like saying we are only focusing on one demographic because our nickname is the Ragin Cajuns, because it is not inclusive towards all.

    If you ask me it is inclusive because Louisiana was first controlled by the French which is represented by the Tri-FDL. Then it was taken over by the Spanish which is what the Castle represents, and then controlled by the French again, and the star represents the Virgin Mary or Catholicism. which the FDL is a very Catholic symbol as well.

    Both the Spanish and the French bought the Catholic influence into Louisiana. So if you ask me the Acadiana Flag just doesn't represent Acadiana but it actual represents Louisiana and there influences.

    The Acadiana Flag is actually more inclusive.


  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    That is like saying we are only focusing on one demographic because our nickname is the Ragin Cajuns, because it is not inclusive towards all.

    If you ask me it is inclusive because Louisiana was first controlled by the French which is represented by the Tri-FDL. Then it was taken over by the Spanish which is what the Castle represents, and then controlled by the French again, and the star represents the Virgin Mary or Catholicism. which the FDL is a very Catholic symbol as well.

    Both the Spanish and the French bought the Catholic influence into Louisiana. So if you ask me the Acadian Flag just doesn't represent Acadiana but it actual represents Louisiana and there influences.

    The Acadian Flag is actual more inclusive.
    You are correct on the history...however good luck getting everyone to think thats the thought process behind said helmet logo (hypothetically speaking) instead of just thinking Eunice to Lafayette to Breaux Bridge...that's a tougher sell than people buying into UL...

  17. #117
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,850

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    That is like saying we are only focusing on one demographic because our nickname is the Ragin Cajuns, because it is not inclusive towards all.

    If you ask me it is inclusive because Louisiana was first controlled by the French which is represented by the Tri-FDL. Then it was taken over by the Spanish which is what the Castle represents, and then controlled by the French again, and the star represents the Virgin Mary or Catholicism. which the FDL is a very Catholic symbol as well.

    Both the Spanish and the French bought the Catholic influence into Louisiana. So if you ask me the Acadian Flag just doesn't represent Acadiana but it actual represents Louisiana and there influences.

    The Acadian Flag is actually more inclusive.
    The flag you reference is actually the Acadiana flag and not the Acadian flag. Just pointing out there is a difference in flags. Below is the Acadian flag.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,232

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    Thanks! I edited the post


  19. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,680

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    You are correct on the history...however good luck getting everyone to think thats the thought process behind said helmet logo (hypothetically speaking) instead of just thinking Eunice to Lafayette to Breaux Bridge...that's a tougher sell than people buying into UL...
    I work on the outskirts of Acadiana in St. Mary Parish. Not many people around here think of themselves as Cajun. They do identify with the FDL.

    Bottom line is that the branding hierarchy needs to be flipped.

    1-Louisiana
    2-FDL
    3-Cajuns

    This university has never had a main athletic logo that did not suck. It is because we can't let Ragin Cajuns fade to the background.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    698

    Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I work on the outskirts of Acadiana in St. Mary Parish. Not many people around here think of themselves as Cajun. They do identify with the FDL.

    Bottom line is that the branding hierarchy needs to be flipped.

    1-Louisiana
    2-FDL
    3-Cajuns

    This university has never had a main athletic logo that did not suck. It is because we can't let Ragin Cajuns fade to the background.
    Where do you work? Ive always considered Franklin Acadiana and morgan city not, is that accurate, where is the line drawn?

    You are wrong on the Ragin Cajun thing about branding recognition and identity. Its the best thing going for us and people across the country ID Louisiana with cajun, because of the cuisine. If you ever watch an Independence bowl Shreveport tries to sell cajun in their add. Bottom line is Cajun sells.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •