_ _ _ _
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Equipment on Twitter - helmets for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    If you could also send this one as well, both ragin cajuns one and the academic one.
    I like the larger lettering that you use here and I see that this is your favorite layout. Actually, my preferred layout would be to use this layout with the larger lettering, but to use black outlining of LOUISIANA and have Ragin Cajuns and University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette in black, to better tie-in with the black and red FDL. Could I impose on you to try that out and see what it looks like? I think you will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I like the larger lettering that you use here and I see that this is your favorite layout. Actually, my preferred layout would be to use this layout with the larger lettering, but to use black outlining of LOUISIANA and have Ragin Cajuns and University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette in black, to better tie-in with the black and red FDL. Could I impose on you to try that out and see what it looks like? I think you will like it.
    We really need to stick with 3 logos in sports.
    (Ragin Cajuns, FDL, Louisiana), and something like in the picture in previous post for letters etc. for academics and athletics.

We really need to stick with 3 logos in sports.
    (Ragin Cajuns, FDL, Louisiana), and something like in the picture in previous post for letters etc. for academics and athletics.
    You are misunderstanding me. All we are doing is using the 2 layouts you just provided and adding black lining to LOUISIANA and changing the red Ragin Cajuns and University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette to black. Same logo. In fact, one of the first layouts you did was just like that, but with smaller letters. And, you are correct, not changing the 3 athletic logos, but rather to be used for letters, etc. for a consistent reference athletically and academically.

You are misunderstanding me. All we are doing is using the 2 layouts you just provided and adding black lining to LOUISIANA and changing the red Ragin Cajuns and University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette to black. Same logo. In fact, one of the first layouts you did was just like that, but with smaller letters. And, you are correct, not changing the 3 athletic logos, but rather to be used for letters, etc. for a consistent reference athletically and academically.
    Well the only one that I can do with the black outline on Louisiana was Post # 245.

Well the only one that I can do with the black outline on Louisiana was Post # 245.
    That is the one, only larger lettering for Ragin Cajuns and a similar logo for academics. Thanks.

That is the one, only larger lettering for Ragin Cajuns and a similar logo for academics. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

That's it. Do you like it or do you prefer the previous one you did with all red lettering?

That's it. Do you like it or do you prefer the previous one you did with all red lettering?
    It is a toss-up because if we did go with either one of these, we have to decide to go with old school, or more up to date version. Here is an example of what I am talking about. The one with the outline is more visible and pronounced.

Thanks, but it not what I am looking for. Don't use that Ragin Cajuns logo. Just use lettering below LOUISIANA that says Ragin Cajuns in similar lettering as University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette so the two logos look the same.
    i was the one who did the original logo you are talking about, i will come up with it later and post it

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    i was the one who did the original logo you are talking about, i will come up with it later and post it
    here you go

here you go
    Damn, that looks good. I didn't remember where the original came from. What you and Ragin9221 have produced are outstanding.

I think academics should have a similar logo by replacing Ragin Cajuns with University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette. Can you do one? Your font on Ragin Cajuns appears to be the only difference with Ragin9221's. It would be good to compare.

Thanks.

Damn, that looks good. I didn't remember where the original came from. What you and Ragin9221 have produced are outstanding.

I think academics should have a similar logo by replacing Ragin Cajuns with University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette. Can you do one? Your font on Ragin Cajuns appears to be the only difference with Ragin9221's. It would be good to compare.

Thanks.
    thats what the original is, with the Uni of La Lafayette.

i did it this way so that the "official name" under louisiana and "ragin cajuns" under louisiana were the same font (for consistency)

thats what the original is, with the Uni of La Lafayette.

i did it this way so that the "official name" under louisiana and "ragin cajuns" under louisiana were the same font (for consistency)
    Would you please post it? I assume it looks just like the athletic one with fonts and coloring similar.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Boomer are you saying University of Louisiana at Ragin Cajuns?
    .....No...Mine was the big Louisiana heading with Louisiana Ragin Cajuns under...think this is allowable!

Would you please post it? I assume it looks just like the athletic one with fonts and coloring similar.
    I do not know what font GeauxCajuns used, but I think the original one you posted might be the same font he used for Ragin Cajuns under the Louisiana

I think we need to be like the LA/St Louis Rams helmets...instead of ram horns on our helmet...we would use a jumbo shrimp (deveined of course)...y'all are welcome...

I do not know what font GeauxCajuns used, but I think the original one you posted might be the same font he used for Ragin Cajuns under the Louisiana
    OK, I will post first on athletic logos then separately on academic logos.

Here are the 3 main logos currently used by the athletic department:

1. Ragin Cajuns as the main logo which doesn't include any reference to Louisiana or FDL.
    2. Louisiana Ragin Cajuns which doesn't include the FDL, but has uses a previous mascot in the pepper.
    3. Circular Louisiana Ragin Cajuns which includes orange coloring.

IMO, all 3 of these need to be replaced.

Suggested improvements include:

1. LOUISIANA Ragin Cajuns with FDL - 3 different variations submitted for Ragin Cajuns.
    2. Circular Louisiana Ragin Cajuns in red & white with black trim.

Both of these include the 3 marketing areas of Louisiana, Ragin Cajuns & FDL, include the correct coloring for our logos, and eliminate the fonts and pepper previously used. These are much cleaner, easier to read, use proper coloring, and incorporate all 3 marketing elements Dr. Maggard wants to emphasize.

In my next post, I will address the academic logos which can very easily tie into the athletic logo.

Now, let's address the academic logos.

This is the academic logo currently being used. Any wonder why we see recruits and other people refer to us as Louisiana Lafayette? Our official name is University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette, but "at" is eliminated in the logo.

Here is the proposed revised university logo that includes our official name, but like Texas and Wisconsin (for example), also includes our abbreviated name that we go by (2 versions). If use of LOUISIANA (without "University of") is legal for athletics, it is legal for academics, particularly if we also include the official name below it. Also notice the eNews logo now being used by the university. This revised logo fits perfectly with that.

This logo includes:

1. Louisiana
    2. FDL
    3. Our official name
    4. It matches in style the athletics logo for consistency in telling the public who we are.
    5. It also matches what is currently being used for e-News at UL

I think both athletic and academic logo suggestions should be submitted to Dr. Savoie and Dr. Maggard. I would be happy to do that, but those who helped create the logos should be a part of this submission.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

2 things that need to go away in all logos.

Black

Ugly font style.

OK, I will post first on athletic logos then separately on academic logos.

Here are the 3 main logos currently used by the athletic department:

1. Ragin Cajuns as the main logo which doesn't include any reference to Louisiana or FDL.
    2. Louisiana Ragin Cajuns which doesn't include the FDL, but has uses a previous mascot in the pepper.
    3. Circular Louisiana Ragin Cajuns which includes orange coloring.

IMO, all 3 of these need to be replaced.

Suggested improvements include:

1. LOUISIANA Ragin Cajuns with FDL - 3 different variations submitted for Ragin Cajuns.
    2. Circular Louisiana Ragin Cajuns in red & white with black trim.

Both of these include the 3 marketing areas of Louisiana, Ragin Cajuns & FDL, include the correct coloring for our logos, and eliminate the fonts and pepper previously used. These are much cleaner, easier to read, use proper coloring, and incorporate all 3 marketing elements Dr. Maggard wants to emphasize.

In my next post, I will address the academic logos which can very easily tie into the athletic logo.
    your avatar, the Louisiana logos with matching fonts for under, and the round logo with the white were all done just playing around when i was bored. i'll give you the credit if you want to push forward, i dont need to be involved in trying to get any official changes made.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast