_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Elfrid Payton Heading to New Orleans

Default Re: Elfrid Payton Heading to New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    The Pels will have a good competitive team, but elfrid for Rondo and Randall for Boogie does not make them better. What Boogie signed for is ridiculous and shows the NBA has a major problem on its hands. It is hard to make fans sit through a 82 game schedule and 4 playoff rounds when you already know who will be the last 4 teams standing.
    As for Elfrid, this is now his make or break year. If he can consistently link up with Davis and improve his defense he can reestablish himself as a starting NBA point guard. If not, he will become a journeyman.
    What is the major problem for the NBA you speak of? Just curious. Boogie signed for nearly the league minimum and the Warriors are already in the luxury tax. They took a gamble when nobody else wanted to. Its a risky play on their part IMO. Boogie does not fit their system well at all and is a high usage player who wants the ball in his hands. A LOT. He would have to really sacrifice a lot of his game for the greater good and I'm not sure he's about that. This could be one of those one year rental experiments that doesn't pan out. Kind of like the Isiah Thomas thing.

in addition to that, if boogie has a bounce year from the injury and proves he is still a player, the warriors can only resign him next year for less than 7 million per year, which boogie wont do at that point. so this is the closest thing to a lock to being a one year rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    in addition to that, if boogie has a bounce year from the injury and proves he is still a player, the warriors can only resign him next year for less than 7 million per year, which boogie wont do at that point. so this is the closest thing to a lock to being a one year rental.
    Correct. It should also be noted that Boogie reached out to the Warriors and asked to meet, not the other way around. He had no leverage because I do believe the Pelicans were willing to move on without him.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    That won't be the starting five. Randle is not a SF and Moore started there later last year with Holiday and Rondo. Randle will likely come off the bench to spell Mirotic. The Pelicans need backup guard play in the worst way. Starters wise, they can play with anybody in the league, where they along with other mid level teams struggle is with the quality of the bench play. Frank Jackson and the rookie from Penn State are not going to be the answer.
    Ian Clark did well for them off the bench in their late season run. They are trying to resign him but NBA rules only allow them to pay 120% of his previous salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Ian Clark did well for them off the bench in their late season run. They are trying to resign him but NBA rules only allow them to pay 120% of his previous salary.
    I forgot about Clark. He was disappointing early on but settled in pretty well and ended strong. I'm still very concerned about Frank Jackson and the kid from Penn State. I don't have much hope for Jackson to be honest.

I forgot about Clark. He was disappointing early on but settled in pretty well and ended strong. I'm still very concerned about Frank Jackson and the kid from Penn State. I don't have much hope for Jackson to be honest.
    Jackson will be tried at point but a college weakness was taking too long to get his team into proper sets in the half court. He is a good scorer however. Regardless they need a backup for Payton.

Ruptured Achilles for a man his size, the betting line wouldn't give good odds on a bounce back. I ruptured left Achilles and it's a long road back. No blood in tendons limit healing process.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Jackson will be tried at point but a college weakness was taking too long to get his team into proper sets in the half court. He is a good scorer however. Regardless they need a backup for Payton.
    rumor has it they are trying to trade for Dennis Schroeder

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Heard Ian Clark is resigning. He will be the third guard. Holiday can play point when Elfrid goes to bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I would love this but I don't think Schroeder signs as I don't know if the Pelicans will have the cap room to do it but I think it could be a solid signing.

I would love this but I don't think Schroeder signs as I don't know if the Pelicans will have the cap room to do it but I think it could be a solid signing.
    Rumor involves a trade. They would have some salary going out in that instance.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Ruptured Achilles for a man his size, the betting line wouldn't give good odds on a bounce back. I ruptured left Achilles and it's a long road back. No blood in tendons limit healing process.
    The odds are against him for sure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4