View Poll Results: What are your 2018 Football Expectations?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • 13-0

1 1.22%
  • 12-1

0 0%
  • 11-2

0 0%
  • 10-3

1 1.22%
  • 9-4

9 10.98%
  • 8-5

28 34.15%
  • 7-6

23 28.05%
  • 6-7

7 8.54%
  • 6-6

10 12.20%
  • 5-7

1 1.22%
  • 4-8

2 2.44%
_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Early 2018 Football Expectations Poll

Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

I picked 6-7 because I don't want to be too optimistic while at the same time being a little optimistic. I think 6-6 in the regular season and a bowl loss. Im picking wins over Grambling, Coastal, New Mexico St, and finish the season hot with wins over Georgia St, South AL, and ULM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Do you want to redo the poll assuming we play 14 games. For that to happen, we do need the win our division.
    Right before the season starts when we know a lot more about this years team.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I think our success will be directly related to the success of the QB position. Yesterday at the 7 on 7 tournament I talked to Levi. Dude is very small, a lot smaller than I thought. I will be very curious to see how is body holds up, as an every day starter, if he wins the job.
    Nunez can spin it and we have what I consider to be one of the deepest receiver groups ever. If we get protection coupled with what I expect to be an excellent passing game/strategy, our QBs just need to spread the rock. Levi will create some problems, but they need to roll him out to keep him healthy. He is shifty enough to stay away from big hits in the open, which is better than getting crushed in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    We're upstairs in UD1. There are normally 2 beer booths set up plus the normal concession stands. You just don't have the "specialty" items that are downstairs. After sitting downstairs in C for 20 years, I would never go back downstairs unless forced to. The view is too great.
    Shhh. Don't tell our secrets.

Shhh. Don't tell our secrets.
    Was able to get in this weekend and check out that section: about the only downside that I can see is that those seats will be going away in a couple of years, and we will be priced out of them, no doubt. (Which is a very good thing. For the program.)

Oh, and how about that low fence in front or the first row. Keeyaw.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Was able to get in this weekend and check out that section: about the only downside that I can see is that those seats will be going away in a couple of years, and we will be priced out of them, no doubt. (Which is a very good thing. For the program.)

Oh, and how about that low fence in front or the first row. Keeyaw.
    I have inquired about those seats going away and the folks in the inside I've spoken to thinks they will be there after renovation.

I have inquired about those seats going away and the folks in the inside I've spoken to thinks they will be there after renovation.
    That would be fantastic. It seems that that section is separate from the rest of the UD, so I can see how that might...might...happen. Maybe below where the new suites/PB would go?

Wrong thread😎 Allon Cajuns

Default Re: Football Expectations

Hocke better put this all over the weight room

7-5 to 8-4...Napier shocks the world. Recruits take notice. Tech begins to scramble amid a swarm of hillbilly budget cuts. ULM does the sane thing and drops down to FCS. AAC admits their failure in overlooking us. Napier becomes a name on everyone's lips. Louisiana becomes etched in the zeitgeist of sports and ULL is forever etched in time as "that petty bull____ LSU was responsible for."

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

Hocke better put this all over the weight room
    I am sure they are going to do that. Surprised we are below South Alabama as we beat them last year. Steele has us third.

Wow. Picked to finish behind ULM. Pretty disgusting to see these kind of predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Wow. Picked to finish behind ULM. Pretty disgusting to see these kind of predictions.
    UL 14 - App. St. 63 will do that to you......

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I am sure they are going to do that. Surprised we are below South Alabama as we beat them last year. Steele has us third.
    The only reason we are behind them is because their coach gave them a first place vote. If he didn't, we would be ahead of them

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Ulm pretty much kicked our ___ up and down the field until the 4th quarter last year. They will have a damn good offense again this year. I'm fine with the predictions as we have a new staff as well and until we do something on the field we are an unproven commodity. Plus like someone stated earlier, it's great locker room material. Time to prove all these guys wrong. Football can't get here fast enough!!

I personally believe that national guys have the SEC, SBC and PAC12 all wrong. Phil Steele, who I read every year, has the SEC totally wrong.

Furthermore, in the Belt, good coaching is mostly all that matters. I don't care how talented ASU and Troy may be. They are vulnerable. I think App St remains solid, but takes a step back this year.

I think Troy has the best defense in the league and I like them over App. Arkansas State has to come to Lafayette.

The prediction on ULM is legit. They have a chance to win 7 or 8 games this year.

3rd in the West is a reasonable outcome. Unfortunately, most teams not named Texas St have more proven players than us. It will be interesting to see how this staff coaches around all the holes in the roster. The previous staff tried to limit huge mistakes and played a very conservative style of football. I think this years squad is even less talented due to graduation and injuries. I am really curious how they scheme around a defense with no difference makers. I am hopeful this staff will get more out of what we have and get us to a bowl game. At this point a winning season is the goal. Winning the SBC is probably a year or two away.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    3rd in the West is a reasonable outcome. Unfortunately, most teams not named Texas St have more proven players than us. It will be interesting to see how this staff coaches around all the holes in the roster. The previous staff tried to limit huge mistakes and played a very conservative style of football. I think this years squad is even less talented due to graduation and injuries. I am really curious how they scheme around a defense with no difference makers. I am hopeful this staff will get more out of what we have and get us to a bowl game. At this point a winning season is the goal. Winning the SBC is probably a year or two away.
    Offense has plenty of talent in the so called skilled positions. I share your concern defensively. However that group allowed 40 points per game last year. Seems like they can only improve as it would be hard to decline from that performance. Some of the new guys that have been brought in have the potential to be contributors but they are unproven.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I think Troy has the best defense in the league and I like them over App. Arkansas State has to come to Lafayette.

The prediction on ULM is legit. They have a chance to win 7 or 8 games this year.
    They will be at best 5-6 when we head up there
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast