View Poll Results: What are your 2018 Football Expectations?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • 13-0

    1 1.25%
  • 12-1

    0 0%
  • 11-2

    0 0%
  • 10-3

    1 1.25%
  • 9-4

    9 11.25%
  • 8-5

    27 33.75%
  • 7-6

    22 27.50%
  • 6-7

    7 8.75%
  • 6-6

    10 12.50%
  • 5-7

    1 1.25%
  • 4-8

    2 2.50%
_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: 2018 Football Expectations

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,481
    Blog Entries
    2

    UL Football 2018 Football Expectations

    Lots of unknowns this year.

    Should be super exciting.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,616

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    Key word...competitive, just compete, not make stupid, stupid moves a la Hud and we can win our unfair share of games...upset special, cajun 23, moo state 20.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,082

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Key word...competitive, just compete, not make stupid, stupid moves a la Hud and we can win our unfair share of games...upset special, cajun 23, moo state 20.
    COMPETITIVE! Yes! I want the Cajuns to finally look like they belong on the field with P5 schools..............for all 4 quarters!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    i messed that vote all up. these records are throwing me off. why is the middle records have 14 games, but the top records only 13 games?


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,592

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    PHP Code:
    you of all people should know so it can be balanced!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    i messed that vote all up. these records are throwing me off. why is the middle records have 14 games, but the top records only 13 games?
    You of all people should know - so it can be balanced!!! 🤔

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,501

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    Beat Moo State...


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,692

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    Don't suck


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,682

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    quick question: for seats that are in the upper deck, are there concession/beer stalls in the mezzanine area, or do you have to go down to the main concourse? We are thinking of moving to UD3. Thanks


  9. #9
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,828

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    quick question: for seats that are in the upper deck, are there concession/beer stalls in the mezzanine area, or do you have to go down to the main concourse? We are thinking of moving to UD3. Thanks
    We're upstairs in UD1. There are normally 2 beer booths set up plus the normal concession stands. You just don't have the "specialty" items that are downstairs. After sitting downstairs in C for 20 years, I would never go back downstairs unless forced to. The view is too great.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,682

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    We're upstairs in UD1. There are normally 2 beer booths set up plus the normal concession stands. You just don't have the "specialty" items that are downstairs. After sitting downstairs in C for 20 years, I would never go back downstairs unless forced to. The view is too great.
    Great info....thanks

  11. #11
    ZoomZoom's Avatar
    ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,249

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    COMPETE. EVERY. PLAY.

    Do not ever quit AKA AppState game. I never saw a UL team soil the sheets like that in a very long time. That beckoned of Coach Toothpick days. In defense of the Toothpick era players, they were subjected to the fallout of a decision made by political powers who were more interested in their own images. HUD, sadly, quit on Hud because he knew he blew his chance to move to greener pastures, and the team reflected such.

    New hire or not, that single game cost the program season ticket holders. To Maggard's credit he pulled the trigger but the damage was done. But, winning fixes everything.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,481
    Blog Entries
    2

    UL Football Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    8-5 after 7-5


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,481
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    Listing the final record and just below how one might get there.

    13-0
    Run the table in the Regular Season (RS) and win a post season bowl game.

    12-1
    11-1 in the RS and win a post season bowl game.
    12-0 in the RS and lose in a bowl

    11-2
    10-2 in the RS and win a post season bowl game.
    11-1 in the RS and lose a bowl

    10-3
    9-3 in the RS and win a post season bowl game.
    10-2 in the RS and lose a bowl

    9-4
    8-4 in the RS and win a post season bowl game.
    9-3 in the RS and lose a bowl

    8-5
    7-5 in the RS and win a post season bowl game.
    8-4 in the RS and lose a bowl

    7-6
    6-6 in the RS and win a post season bowl game.
    7-5 in the RS and lose a bowl

    6-7
    6-6 in the RS and lose a post season bowl game.

    6-6
    6-6 in the RS and get no post season invite.

    5-7 in the RS

    4-8 in the RS


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Listing the final record and just below how one might get there.

    13-0
    Run the table in the Regular Season (RS) and win a post season bowl game.

    12-1
    11-1 in the RS and win a post season bowl game.
    12-0 in the RS and lose in a bowl

    11-2
    10-2 in the RS and win a post season bowl game.
    11-1 in the RS and lose a bowl

    10-3
    9-3 in the RS and win a post season bowl game.
    10-2 in the RS and lose a bowl

    9-4
    8-4 in the RS and win a post season bowl game.
    9-3 in the RS and lose a bowl

    8-5
    7-5 in the RS and win a post season bowl game.
    8-4 in the RS and lose a bowl

    7-6
    6-6 in the RS and win a post season bowl game.
    7-5 in the RS and lose a bowl

    6-7
    6-6 in the RS and lose a post season bowl game.

    6-6
    6-6 in the RS and get no post season invite.

    5-7 in the RS

    4-8 in the RS
    actually turbine, isnt there a sun belt championship game, so it is possible to win 14 games

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,481
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    actually turbine, isnt there a sun belt championship game, so it is possible to win 14 games
    I forgot this was the year, hadn't read much about it since 2016.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,397

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    I think our success will be directly related to the success of the QB position. Yesterday at the 7 on 7 tournament I talked to Levi. Dude is very small, a lot smaller than I thought. I will be very curious to see how is body holds up, as an every day starter, if he wins the job.


  17. #17
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,571

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I forgot this was the year, hadn't read much about it since 2016.
    Do you want to redo the poll assuming we play 14 games. For that to happen, we do need the win our division.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Carencro, LA
    Posts
    755

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    I picked 6-7 because I don't want to be too optimistic while at the same time being a little optimistic. I think 6-6 in the regular season and a bowl loss. Im picking wins over Grambling, Coastal, New Mexico St, and finish the season hot with wins over Georgia St, South AL, and ULM.


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,481
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 2018 Football Expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Do you want to redo the poll assuming we play 14 games. For that to happen, we do need the win our division.
    Right before the season starts when we know a lot more about this years team.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I think our success will be directly related to the success of the QB position. Yesterday at the 7 on 7 tournament I talked to Levi. Dude is very small, a lot smaller than I thought. I will be very curious to see how is body holds up, as an every day starter, if he wins the job.
    Nunez can spin it and we have what I consider to be one of the deepest receiver groups ever. If we get protection coupled with what I expect to be an excellent passing game/strategy, our QBs just need to spread the rock. Levi will create some problems, but they need to roll him out to keep him healthy. He is shifty enough to stay away from big hits in the open, which is better than getting crushed in the pocket.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •