_ _ _ _
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: 2018 World Cup!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I missed this game. Was the US referee as bad as Columbia is saying? Were the calls mostly going England's way? Sounds like he's hated in the MLS.
    The referee wasn't great and definitely lost control early, but I didn't think he was as bad as Columbians are saying. Personally, I was pulling for Columbia heading into the game. Ten minutes in, I changed my mind because of how dirty the Columbians were playing and how much they were crying. It was ugly. One of the biggest mistakes the ref made was in ONLY handing out a yellow to Barrios after the head butt. Should have been a direct red, and the chippy Columbians should have had many more send offs. I'm truly glad they were sent home after their horrible display of fair play. Karma is a _____ and they got what they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    The referee wasn't great and definitely lost control early, but I didn't think he was as bad as Columbians are saying. Personally, I was pulling for Columbia heading into the game. Ten minutes in, I changed my mind because of how dirty the Columbians were playing and how much they were crying. It was ugly. One of the biggest mistakes the ref made was in ONLY handing out a yellow to Barrios after the head butt. Should have been a direct red, and the chippy Columbians should have had many more send offs. I'm truly glad they were sent home after their horrible display of fair play. Karma is a _____ and they got what they deserved.
    Well said. This is exactly how I felt. The ref wasn't tough enough with the Columbians. It was a horrible display of sportsmanship. Glad they are on the way home.

Default Re: 2018 World Cup!

After Kane scored on the PK in the 57th minute, the Colombians started their shenanigans. It got to the point where I was hoping that the ref would give a red just to set a precedence. Columbia had six.....SIX.....yellow cards yesterday. That is not bias, that is the consequence of playing dirty.

"Colombia could have been reduced to 10 men in the first half when Wilmar Barrios appeared to aim a headbutt at Jordan Henderson, who exaggerated the contact on his chest and chin by suggesting he had been hit in the face."

if the head butt was so bad and so painful why did henderson (who also had a card and seemed quite bigger and more physical) "feel pain" in a completely different area?

more stupid games being shown on sec$pn, bwahaha.
    can sunbelt move its tuesday and thursday football games to fourth of july?

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    ditto

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    "Colombia could have been reduced to 10 men in the first half when Wilmar Barrios appeared to aim a headbutt at Jordan Henderson, who exaggerated the contact on his chest and chin by suggesting he had been hit in the face."

if the head butt was so bad and so painful why did henderson (who also had a card and seemed quite bigger and more physical) "feel pain" in a completely different area?
    Not sure what you are asking.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Not sure what you are asking.
    henderson accused the colombian of "head butting" him in the chin, but after it occurred henderson grabbed the top of his forehead in pain. why wasnt his chin hurting?

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    henderson accused the colombian of "head butting" him in the chin, but after it occurred henderson grabbed the top of his forehead in pain. why wasnt his chin hurting?
    LOL. That's the crappy part about all this over acting of fouls. Falcao did the same thing when he claimed he got scraped by someones cleat on the ground. He starts writing in pain grabbing his face but it was the back of his head that was actually touched.

My Three Lions are headed to the Semifinals for the first time since 1990. They looked like a team on a mission against a good Sweden squad. If Sterling learned how to finish on an attack, the score would've been 4-0.

England Swings like a pendulum do
    Bobbies on bicycles two by two
    Westminster Abbey, the Tower, Big Ben
    The rosy red cheeks of the little children

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    England Swings like a pendulum do
    Bobbies on bicycles two by two
    Westminster Abbey, the Tower, Big Ben
    The rosy red cheeks of the little children
    Russia!!!!!!!! Up1-0. What a World Cup!!

Oh oh Coatia ties it up with a nice pass and header.

Yes!!!!! Goal by Russia in ET. Wow. High drama in Sochi!

PK shootout. This should be fun.

😢Russia is done. Semis are set and should be a lot of fun. Belgium / France is must see for sure. I'm rooting for an England/France final.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    😢Russia is done.
    Thank goodness!

After winning their last match despite being out played and again this match, it was setting up for an easy semi for someone.

Got the floppers and thug teams out the way this round. It's futbol time!!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8